1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Major Ids For All Non-rainbow Mythics

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by i1i1wow, Apr 4, 2020.

?

Which major ID suggetions do you like? The one for [...]

1. Az (Blood Conversion) & Sunstar (Dry Heat)

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Toxoplasmosis (Heal Monopoly)

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Aftershock (Shell Shock) & Cataclysm (Potent Stinger) & Thrundacrack (Static Release)

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. Apocalypse (Demolition) & Lament (Distant Cry) & Absolution (Restoration)

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. Olympic (Repulsion) & Stratiformis (Reversion) & Spring (Rebound)

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  6. Fatal (Hypercritical) & Warp (Flash Reset)

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  7. Hadal (Brutality) & Grandmother (Victimhood) & Gaia (Triple Snake) & Monster (Depravity)

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  8. Alkatraz (Prisoner's Arm) & Divzer (Phazer)

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  9. Idol (Water Cry)

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  10. Archangel (Engagement) & Grimtrap (Equipment Penetration) & Inferno (Degree Burns)

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i1i1wow

i1i1wow 5th ID of Altum Spatium was good CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Welp.

Here we go.

*sigh*

Y'all are going to hate me for this one.

I know people have suggested mythic major IDs before, but I've got 24 suggestions right here. I'm sitting over here thinking every mythic weapon should have a major ID.

After a ton of thinking (that I maybe shouldn't have done?), I thought up what I think are fitting major IDs for all of the non-rainbow mythics. Don't get me wrong, I don't think rainbow mythics shouldn't get major IDs, I just thought that since they seem distinct from other mythics, and since none of them have a major ID yet, I would leave them alone for now. Some of the suggested major IDs below might be underpowered. Some of them might be overpowered. Some of them might be so, ridiculously overpowered that I should be scolded for ever suggesting them. But mythics were meant to be special. Here they are:

Az
    + Blood Conversion:
    Neutral damage converts into fire damage instead of air damage for Escape and Arrow Storm

Archangel
    + Engagement
    Take 10% damage on dodged hits, but deal 20% more damage

Aftershock
    + Shell Shock
    Mobs hit by Uproot are stunned for one second

Apocalypse
    + Demolition
    Explosions deal double damage

Olympic
    + Repulsion
    Haul sends you away from the totem instead of towards it

Alkatraz
    + Prisoner's Arm
    Dexterity behaves like strength

Hadal
    + Brutality
    Powder specials do 30% more damage

Grandmother
    + Victimhood
    Damge is buffed by the percentage of health missing

Idol
    + Water Cry
    War Scream can bounce once

Sunstar
    + Dry Heat
    Neutral damage converts into thunder damage instead of water damage for Aura

Grimtrap
    + Equipment Penetration
    Damaged mobs do 20% less damage for 20 seconds

Cataclysm
    + Potent Stinger
    Spin Attack stun lasts twice as long

Thrundacrack
    + Static Release
    Main attacks have a 5% chance to stun

Lament
    + Distant Cry
    The range for healing is doubled

Toxoplasmosis
    + Heal Monopoly
    Health potions in loot chests are replaced with other loot

Divzer
    + Phazer
    Dodge chance is increased to 10%

Inferno
    + Degree Burns
    Each successive melee hit within a second of the last does 10% more damage than the last

Gaia
    + Triple Snake
    Ice Snake casts three adjacent snakes at slightly different angles

Absolution
    + Restoration
    Soul point regen is doubled for all players inside Totem

Spring
    + Rebound
    The player will shoot into the air after falling from a height of 10 blocks or more

Monster
    + Depravity
    Heal hurts enemies for 10% damage

Stratiformis
    + Reversion
    Escape goes forward instead of backward

Fatal
    + Hypercritical
    Every attack has a 1/10000 chance of doing dectuple damage

Warp
    + Flash Reset
    Spell cost resets every minute

P.S. The major ID I thought of for Az has no effect if fully powdered with T6 powders. It would need buffed neutral damage.
    Also, forgive me for that disaster of a poll I created, it was a great concept but it kind of fell apart when I realized I could not input 24 different options. I just tried my best to group up semi-similar major IDs together, I'm sure most of you will look at a few of the options and go "I like this one but not that one, and I have to vote for both or neither." Honestly, I might delete that disaster of a poll, even though it took me like ten minutes to make. Tell me what you think about the proposed major IDs! The poll can only go so far.

JohanLTU likes this.
  2. JohanLTU

JohanLTU Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I love the idea of having a Major ID for nearly all mythics! I suggest balancing or slightly altering some of them though (all the changes I'll present are purely my opinion).
    This one is quite creative, I'd think between thunder damage and fire damage though.
    Same with this one, I quite like it.
    I'd say slightly lowering the stun time would come out better, Shaman is quite overpowered at this time eitherways. Still, a great one.
    This one is also quite great and creative, can't disagree with it.
    This one would be difficult to master, but would work quite well in the end, and more effectively in certain situations. Agreeing with this one.
    Okay, this one's a little overpowered, I'd say. You could max Dexterity and Strength and deal unfathomable amounts of damage. Nice, but seems overpowered, can't agree with this one.
    I like this one, even though Hadal is quite overpowered already in certain cases, perhaps the effect should be slightly weaker.
    Basically, the earth powder special on armour, just put on a mythic? I don't know, maybe it should be slightly changed or nerfed, since Grandmother can dish out huge amounts of damage already with correct builds.
    I like this effect, even though it is a lot weaker than some other mythic Major ID's in here. I'd say it should be able to bounce from walls unlimited amount of times, but last for a limited amount of time.
    Similar to the Az effect, I can't disagree with it.
    The duration is far too long, it should be lowered to ~5 seconds. You're most likely gonna attack enemies quite quickly anyways. Smaller enemies will fall, diminishing the effect, and bosses will be near-constantly attacked anyways, such a long effect would be unnecessary. Good idea still.
    Okay that's overpowered. The spin already has quite an effect on a battleground, increasing its duration twice would be broken. I'd suggest maybe increasing its duration by 50% or less, then it could be more balanced. Still, a nice idea IMO.
    I like this one, no need for any change, quite balanced aswell.
    I never would have thought about this one. It's a simple, yet a creative Major ID, possibly changing the situation in group battles, but not too overpowered either. My personal favourite on the list.
    Hah, I love this one aswell! Not too sure about using a mythic for lootrunning, but very creative, definitely like it.
    Simple, I guess it could be used.
    This one looks great! I wonder if it must be exactly a second between subsequent hits or it could be less than a second? If exactly a second, then it's balanced and one of my favourites here, if not, then it's overpowered.
    Like the idea, not sure if it fits with the earth theme though.
    An interesting one, however one doesn't have a totem standing in one place for 20 minutes. I'd give this one a change, not sure about how I would change it though.
    This one looks nice, would give the Archer some non-overpowered versatility, can't disagree with it.
    Another incredibly creative and nice Major ID, one of my favourites. This would finally make Monster not such a hated mythic!
    Another creative one, I like it.
    Okay this is the only one in the list which I truly don't like. 1/10000 chance is far too little for dectuple damage, but increasing the chance would make the dectuple damage too overpowered. This one, in my opinion, should have a complete overhaul and change, maybe an increase in Meteor's radius or Meteor's conversion into thunder damage instead?
    This would allow near-infinite teleportation. I'm not sure if I like it or not.

Overall, I really love most of these and I'm thinking that most should make it into the game, especially Lament, Monster and Toxoplasmosis. I really appreciate the work you put into this, and I hope you'll make more of these great and creative suggestions!

3. i1i1wow

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So, regarding Aftershock, the stun time might need to be changed to 0.5 or 0.67 seconds of stun. I am sure that if implemented the content team would balance these over time.

Regarding Alkatraz, I would not mean that dexterity would buff earth damage like strength does. The major ID would only mean that dexterity, rather than increasing the chance for double damage, would increase constant damage instead. Element-wise the dexterity would not start buffing earth damage instead of thunder damage. The major ID actually wouldn't really change average damage at all (in theory). It would basically make it so strength-dexterity builds using Alkatraz would not have critical hits that activate the damage-doubling power of dexterity and non-critical hits that did not, if that makes sense. So the Dexterity behaves like Strength ... but it's still Dexterity.

Regarding Grandmother, I thought this idea would work well, because it allows Grandmother to dish out more damage when the player is at lower health, which encourages more risky behavior when using Grandmother. Lore-wise, I am pretty sure this major ID makes sense, too.

Yeah, regarding Idol, that should probably be changed to a duration. I had a really difficult time with this one, because I almost made my suggested major ID replacing Bash with Totem, but that idea sort of crossed the line, as much as I loved the idea. Maybe something like "War Scream can bounce for 7 seconds" would be a more balanced major ID.

The Grimtrap one should probably get that rebalance you mentioned, actually.

The Cataclysm one is overpowered. I feel like it really fits, though, I am not sure if I would change that one.

Regarding Toxoplasmosis, the Toxo can get up to 26% Loot Bonus, making it the relik with the third highest possible loot bonus in the game (not counting crafted items). Since its damage does NOT need a buff, I figured a major ID like this would make much more sense.

The Divzer major ID is basically supposed to behave like 10 or 11 agility would, to give Divzer users a small dodge chance.

The Inferno one is overpowered, that is true. But I would say that it still requires skill to pull off the chain melee attacks. If it had a place where it capped out, that would probably be better, not sure how you would explain that all in the text explanation of a major ID.

So, Gaia already reduces the spell cost for Ice Snake, so while the major ID does not necessarily fit with the earth theme, it does fit with this particular wand.

Um, about Absolution. The idea is that if you have like 12 soul points (enough to not worry about dying & losing items, but still needing more skill points), then you can do whatever activity you plan on doing, and since you'll probably be inside of your totem most of the time anyway, your soul points would recover much faster.

I think Hypercritical is a very fitting major ID for Fatal. I'm not sure if it's correctly balanced, but it is fitting, since Fatal is all about variable damage.

Warp, yeah, that major ID would probably be totally broken if it was every thirty seconds. Since it's a minute, maybe it would be too long a cooldown for infinite constant teleportation. I am not sure. That could be totally wrong. My goal with this one was to make it so it was almost enough of a short cooldown to enable infinite teleport, but not quite short enough, so it may need adjusting.

4. JohanLTU

JohanLTU Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ah, I get it now. That would make it quite a nice one actually!
    Lore-wise, it does make a lot of sense indeed, while gameplay wise, with some balancing, it may do...
    The cataclysm one really fits in my opinion aswell, in fact, all of these Major ID's quite fit in here lore-wise really well, and most do great gameplay-wise! I'm still keeping to that slight nerf of duration, though.
    Forgot about the loot bonus stat xD, then yeah, it definitely fits.
    It does fit with the wand's stats quite well indeed, maybe retexturing the snake into a more earthly-shape would work?
    I got your point, however, one doesn't still constantly have one totem standing near themselves, for example, when doing crafting professions, you're mostly just in the crafting GUI, and that may just be enough for you to miss the morning soul point increase mark.
    Fitting indeed by looks at first, but most likely wouldn't work at the end mark. If it wasn't changed, it would probably need extreme balancing, and that would be up to the Item Team.
    Maybe, I'm not too sure about the duration of the currently possible non-stop teleportation either.

Changed my opinion on some of them for the better, thus I changed my voting in the poll. I still can't agree with Hypercritical though.

5. seeksery

seeksery Wybel Photographer HERO CMD

Minecraft:
    to balance hypercritical make it have an equal chance to instantly kill the user
    gotta maintain unreliability

hmtn likes this.
  6. oinuk

oinuk c lown

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    20% more at all time? so warscream but better?
    interesting
    exploding lma0
    what does this even mean? does that mean using virgo is gonna give you a constant +130% or more damage boost? op
    ...curse... doesn't do base damage... so 30% more damage on 0... is still 0... or is it a 30% buff to the effect?
    literally rage, which is already gma's gimmick
    war scream is still shit
    could probably do with some tweaking, especially in the case of boss mobs. also fighting any mob that you don't 1-shot effectively reduces it to 80% damage for the whole fight
    wtf strong
    probably number tweaking, and this better scale with -tier
    interesting, but probably does nothing helpful in game
    ??? what is the point ???
    hmmm yes the classic easily counter the -550 agility that is definitely not there for a reason
    what is the cap on this? also doesn't work at all with super slow....
    why would you ever need this, also how would the controllable snake part work
    absolutely useless
    ....naming theme.... also it's just an annoying lightweight
    definitely hasn't been suggested before also number tweaking
    where is -tier scaling
    why would you need this on warp, where you already have 1 mana tp to reset cost
    yep spell conversion sucks
    cool gimmicks, strati's would be nice but olympic's would be annoying as hell

Saya likes this.
  7. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    These range from
    stuff that's been repeated over and over to just bad ideas

not to mention you don't take attack tier into consideration at all. The lack of foresight and no thought about balance is pretty sad. Especially Aftershock and Cata, absolutely busted.

Olympic and Strati have cool (idk if they're even unique) ideas though. Same with the conversion ones.
    But that's about it. Monster's has been suggested at least a hundred times now, absolution's is useless, toxo's is interesting but why?, spring's sounds like a nightmare, divzer's just throws its one weakness out the window, etc.

Epicness937, TrapinchO and oinuk like this.
  8. i1i1wow

Guild:
    Minecraft:

First thing I have to say is that as I explained above, on the Alka ID, the dexterity would BEHAVE like strength. It would not be strength. Basically, having nothing to do with the element skill point bonus, the non-elemental damage % buff from dexterity skill points would act like the strength one. So dexterity would give constant damage just like strength rather than giving a chance for double damage. One should not see any increase in average damage with strength & dexterity, just more constant, less erratic damage.

The Idol one wouldn't be very good. That would be true.

The Spring ID would not give Lightweight.

Apparently this Monster one has been suggested before. I didn't try to copy anyone's idea on this, I just thought it seemed fitting. Apparently many others have come to the same conclusion. Also, this would be adding it to Monster as-is, so it wouldn't be the main feature of Monster.

You wouldn't need tier-scaling on the Fatal ID because hopefully the slower attack speed hitting would do more damage per hit.

Um, about Warp, it would make a difference. I'm actually concerned about this one being too powerful.

Regarding Divzer, I've never seen the equivalent of 10-11 agility be called overpowered before this thread. Interesting...

I don't think you're being reasonable. Cataclysm's is OP OP, I will say that, it would probably need to be nerfed to 1.25x duration or something like that, but Aftershock's major ID is not that overpowered, although it is probably a little too strong.

I'm not sure "unique" ideas are very good in this case. I don't claim that my ideas are entirely unique, but the same could be said about just about any ideas on this forum.

Absolution's would not be entirely useless. Increased soul point regen inside the totem would actually make a small difference. Please keep in mind that I am suggesting these being added onto these mythics, in most cases, AS THE ITEM IS, which means that even a major ID like this would improve the item.
    Obviously, there are a few of them like Cata and Az where adjustments would have to be made to the items.

In case you didn't know, Toxoplasmosis is great for lootrunning. With this major ID, you would be turning health potion spawns into other loot, which would be more desirable for a shaman that does not need health potions.

Absolution's could be really useful in the higher soul point ranges below 15, because one could increase soul point regen while doing activities like dungeon runs or grinding. At low soul point levels, this would probably not be as useful because one would probably not want to risk going out and doing things with low soul points and keeping a totem alive solely for soul point gain is not at all practical.

Okay, actually, Spring's is not too good, because unlike :wynnic_e: said here,:
    the Spring ID would NOT come with lightweight. This would mean that Spring users would pay for that extra spring in their step with health.

Now, Divzer's does NOT throw its "one weakness" "out the window". Basically when you were using Divzer, it would be (approximately) like having 10 agility on a build. It's not a big difference. Also, Divzer cannot do water or fire damage, in case you forgot.

9. oinuk

oinuk c lown

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    what. the. fuck.

why the hell would you EVER use this if it just makes you take MORE damage AND get fucking annoyed every time you fall
    holy shit

... i know...
    from alka you probably get ~75% damage bonus from strength, and using virgo in a build will give you around 60% on dexterity.... 60+75=135
    135% BONUS
    constantly
    all the time

yeah but OP cancelstack

every minute is not very powerful, and using warp already generally has a lot of int if you plan on cancelling MR, so spell costs should be fine

what is divzer's ONE weakness? oh! right! the -550 agility! wow! imagine if there was a reason they made it so it couldn't be cancelled!

stunlocking already exists this just makes it worse, on a weapon that already has absurd damages
    the point of cata is doing tons of damage but glass
    being able to constantly stunlock massively reduces risk e

aftershock can just use shift + uproot whenever a mob gets close, throw them back, and stun them
    then use tierstack damages to easily do 30k before they get back in range
    rinse and repeat

i don't think you grasp the concept that soul point regen is literal dogshit

... but making a major id specifically for lootrunning on a pvp designed weapon is a bad idea...
    i'm sorry, but nope
    especially considering that it REPLACES potions
    i get like 2-3 potions every chest
    holy shit

i'm not sure what you are saying but it is literally impossible to use absolution when your max soul points are not 15
    and if you are walking low levels through dungeons, fuck that

Saya likes this.
  10. i1i1wow

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm not sure all of this toxic fuming is doing anyone any good.

You literally listened to NOTHING I said about the Alkatraz ID. Real sarcastic claps for that. It would NOT make Thunder Damage % affect earth damage. It would ONLY make dexterity affect GENERAL DAMAGE the same way strength does instead of giving a chance for double damage. The only foreseeable difference in average damage, if ANY, would be very trivial in ALL cases.

Soul point regen is not "dogs***". It's a useful stat.

If you can't exhibit the lowest level of common decency and maintain some thin level of civic discourse, the forum mods might have to lock this post up.

I might have made a few flawed suggestions when I came up with this thread. A portion of them might be better scrapped than implemented. But I did not prompt this level of toxicity. You all could make kinder suggestions and try to give more constructive feedback, but until then, I won't be responding further to this thread. I might create some smaller revised threads that I'd prepare more for on this topic, but I don't think I'm going to do this again.

Druser likes this.
  11. oinuk

oinuk c lown

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    buddy i'm gonna put this in the only way i can think of that you would understand it

based on what i have read, you are saying that instead of increasing crit chance, dexterity will increase the damage done, right (like strength increases damage)

using virgo, as a lot of alkatraz builds do, will put you at 85% dexterity
    now, i don't know the exact number here for skill point scaling, but i'm assuming it is somewhere in the 60% range
    using alkatraz will get you to around 140 strength, so about 77% or so damage from that (granted, it also reduces your dexterity to 70, so let's say 51% boost from dex and 77% from strength)
    adding the 2 damage boosts gives you 128% damage boost.
    all the time.
    128% bonus damage just from using basic tierstack items

soul point regen is dogshit, and i don't see you giving any reasons why it is good
    just saying

i mean, you're not wrong.

most of my feedback was constructive-- not detailed, but constructive. it highlighted the major flaws with each id, and left it up to the original creator to change or not change

Saya likes this.
  12. i1i1wow

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Okay, I think the Alkatraz thing is a misunderstanding...

I am talking about the major effect of each skill point, and you are probably talking about something different.

First, all skill points have a major effect that caps out at 80.8%. 85% bonus on dexterity is unattainable.
    Strength buffs every hit just a little bit per skill point. 147 Strenth gets an 80% damage buff.
    Dexterity normally increases your potential for double damage. 147 Dexterity gets an 80% chance to do double damage.
    If you have a weapon that always does 5 Neutral Damage without skill bonuses, with 147 Strength and 0 Dexterity, the hit damage for 5 hits against a simplified target would look like this:
    9-9-9-9-9
    If this were 147 Dexterity and 0 Strength, it would look like this:
    10-10-10-10-5
    Either way, you deal 45 damage.
    This major ID would change the Dexterity by behaving like Strength in this way:
    A weapon that always does 25 Neutral Damage without skill bonuses, with 147 Strength and 147 Dexterity, would normally look like this:
    90-90-90-90-45
    With the Alkatraz major ID I would be proposing, it would look like this:
    81-81-81-81-81
    Both equal 405 damage, but with the Alkatraz major ID, damage would be more consistent.

Does that clear that up?

oinuk likes this.
  13. oinuk

oinuk c lown

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yeah, gotcha-- interesting idea on this one

14. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    tbh the OP made some pretty good suggestions, and some... less good suggestions. No need to get personal.

Fluffy Assassin, bloww and oinuk like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.