1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Law System

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Slashfield, Oct 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slashfield

Slashfield The Chained Calavera

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    A little disclaimer first : I know that adding a "legal" and/or "geopolitical" system to the game is a big challenge. The objective of this thread is to think together to give ideas and if it can be improving for the game.

Hi there ! I think it will be fun to add a legal system to the different places. For example, add some rules in Detlas, and if you don't respect it, you're gonna lose trust from the Deltas authorities and depending of your level of trust you've lost, they will begin to hunt down you.

In terms of role play, it can give much to the game, because the rules will be probably adapted to the environment and accentuate the "culture" of every place, making the travels more interesting and every city even more unique.

This system will also add by itself the concept of out-of-law (if we go back to what I said upper). If you break the law too much times, the guards can hunt down you a wanted to put you in jail or make you pay some emeralds. If you reach an extreme level of illegality, your face can maybe being added to the wanted list, and why not creating a bounty system for that ? Some people can decide to be bounty hunter to make money...

Bonus :
    To improve the hunts, we could add some relationships between the cities/islands (geopolitics ?) and mix it with the guild wars system. That will improve the bounty hunter concept and maybe add a nationality/citizenship system to have access to bonus parts of the cities (like the current quest to unlock the Almuj's bank).

It can also improve the profession resources trade because a territory will belong to a guild that belongs to a city, and with the nationality/citizen system, if you take a resource in a territory that doesn't belong to your city, you are making an illegal act, it will be coherent with the legal system (upper). Mixed to war or alliances, I think it can be a good economic engine.

Of course this is some ideas, I remember that the objective of this thread is to argue if it's a good idea and how can we improve all of this. Tell what you purpose ;)

2. seeksery

seeksery Wybel Photographer HERO

Minecraft:
    what laws would you suggest? there's a minor lack of detail in this suggestion

also, add poll

also, this wouldn't work very well for gavel, at the least, as multiple quests suggest that gavel has an immensely corrupt legal system, which would be beneficial to roleplay, but inherently unfair to gameplay: while I'm all for getting arrested because someone has more money than me (unfair, yes, but manageable), I'm not a big fan of being tortured and maimed and then thrown into a well of immortality as punishment (which would probably limit future gameplay prospects)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  3. StormKing3

StormKing3 Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't know why but I laughed when I read the line "If you reach an extreme level of illegality".

I like the suggestion actually, seems interesting and new!

Being maimed and tortured?!?! Bloody 'ell that's dark lol

4. PatheticFlower

PatheticFlower megido >gamer< god VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    this isn't really something that wynncraft would need, when you add new mechanics to a game that doesnt mix well with them it hurts the game, having laws to worry about wherever you go would just add another level of micromanagement and draw focus away from more important mechanics

Corruptplex and Bart (MC) like this.
  5. RazorGuild

RazorGuild melee singu eats ass HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    honestly I would just go with the reputation system from wow where if the more quests you do in a certain area or whatever your rep goes up in that place. Could be open for more rewards and a better incentive to do quests.

_Kaasblokje_ likes this.
  6. Mox gang uwu

Mox gang uwu uwo owu HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I just want to be a criminal in Wynncraft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.