1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Kilalya, The Kingdom Of Fairies.

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Beefandleather, Sep 13, 2017.

?

Do you support this idea?

1. Ye

14 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. Nah

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. Beefandleather

Beefandleather Gone and forgotten VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This was a huge thing I thought about almost a year ago, but I didn't have the time to fully write up about it, until I determined to finish it today. This idea started around December 2016 and went through quite the number of edits to make it compatible with the current Wynn lore and other functions. In this region dominated by pure arcane magic and impossible physics, abysmal geography and flora, and the monsters from other dimensions, I wanted this new land to be as unique as possible from all of our current understanding. And without further ado...

Kilalya, The Fairy Kingdom

A land, or to some-a dimension, with pink grass, purple trees, and crystal waters. Stretching from Half Moon to the edge of Jofash, just a few hundred years ago, it was a smothering warzone, fought between Villagers and Fairies. It operates on pure magic instead of physics. After the Soralini Gate, the Kingdom's only entrance, you seem to have entered a whole new dimension. However, while maintaining good diplomatic relations with neighbouring powers, the Kingdom only established Soralini and its immediate surroundings as its public zone-Humans and Villagers are forbidden entry to the rest of Kilalya. The Kingdom wanted to maintain Kilalya's purity. Or at least that was its official reason.

Fairies were already present in the world long before the miners uncovered the portal in Wynn. They originated from Kilalya, with a few bunches flying across the Ocean and settling down in pre-decay Gavel, Wynn, Corkus, and Fruma. For the few millenia, fairies coexisted peacefully with the people of each land. Their mainland is ruled by a monarchy comprising of only a single ruler, the Fairy Queen.

After Villagers set out to sea, the main fleets went on to discover war-ravaged Wynn, but less well-known, another smaller fleet went past the Ice Islands and entered the grounds of Kilalya, the Kingdom of Fairies. Kilalya was welcoming to foreigners then, since the Villagers were pretty much their first visitors. More and more Villagers arrived and settled down in present-day Soralini and Fortress City.

Like Wynn's emeralds, Kilalya was rich in magic-based materials, primarily Cinesmite, Mercurion, Silverwood, and Sinislin. Cinesmite is a sunset-orange jewel mined in the mountains, Mercurion is a rare aqua blue jewel found at the bottom of Kilalya's rivers, Silverwood comes from local Silverwood trees, and Sinislin, the prize gemstone of Kilalya, can only be found in the region of present-day Shattered Field. Villagers found this out and aimed to exploit the fairies' hospitality to squeeze Kilalya dry of its riches and use them in Gavel. And of course, the then Fairy Queen was not happy and came the Rentenbris War.

The 60-year Rentenbris War is comparable to the Dwarven War but far exceeds in severity as compared to the Gerten War and Wynn's corruption onslaught. Villager-occupied Soralini was obliterated by destructive magic, the Battle of the Floating Field saw the field crack into chunks, but the Villagers' last stand-Fortress City-withstood hundreds of invasions and held. Eventually, both parties saw no point in continuing the fight and a ceasefire and treaty was signed by the Fairy Queen and the Government at Cinfras. As agreed in the treaty, Soralini was established as a public trading city while everything beyond is forbidden entry into.

Kilalya knows its materialistic importance to Gavel and even Corkus, as some of their magic and machines respectively could use Kilalya's metals and gemstones, which greatly improves their performance. As such, Soralini is strictly monitored to ensure absolutely no cases of infiltration.

Welcome to Kilalya, the Kingdom of Fairies. The most beautiful landscape in the world, but locked away from our eyes.

• Kilalya is so vastly different as compared to Gavel, Wynn etc is due to the great amount of dimensional rifts and gates in the land. They appear and disappear at random, especially in the Great Rift Forest and the Shattered Field.
    • The vegetation here is largely purple/magenta/pink.
    • The only trees that grow here are Silverwood, a tree with a silverly white trunk and purplish pink glassy-looking leaves.
    • 95% of the Fairy population in the world are female.
    • Fairies are great shapeshifters, meaning they could change their size. However, their maximum size is limited to their current size.
    • Fairies age slower than Humans and Villagers. In fact, a standard lifespan for a purely biological fairy is around 170 years.
    • Fairies are born with magic. They don't need to learn magic, save for new spells etc.
    • Kilalya is ruled by a monarchy with a single Fairy Queen. It goes by a succession system-once the previous ruler dies, a new Queen is chosen.

• The Shattered Field was known as the Floating Field before the Rentenbris War. The Floating Field, as its name suggests, is a huge piece of land and rock suspended in the air by unknown forces. It acts similarly to the Sky Islands. There are reports of rifts and portals appearing more often here too. The Battle of the Floating Field cracked it apart, producing current-day Shattered Field.
    • The Great Rift Forest is also home to a high number of portals and gates, plus otherworldly creatures and some interesting locations. Although the forest is dense, its surprisingly clear and bright inside.
    • The Soralini Gate serves as the Kilalya's only entrance and exit for foreigners and trading ships.
    • Soralini is Kilalya's only city. A trading city for outside goods in exchange for Kilalyan materials(EXCEPT FOR ITS IMPORTANT MINERALS). Its also pretty much the only place you can set foot in Kilalya.
    • Kilalyan fairies build their homes all around the landscape. You can find one or two houses beside a river, at the base of a mountain, or just anywhere. They only have two locations where there is a higher concentration of residences: Revi, in the Great Rift Forest, and Lemicrelle, beside Bluet Falls.
    • The Shard is a white tower with a huge Sinislin crystal at the top, similar to the Tower of Ascension. Its main function is creating a forcefield around Kilalya when the need arises. Other than that, its function is maintaining the magical properties of Kilalya.
    • Fortress City, as mentioned in the background story, is a huge city that was built by the Villagers before the Rentenbris War but was fortified during the war.
    • The yellow objects appearing on the map are bridges.
    • The Kilalya Blossom is a huge Silverwood tree. Its not drawn to scale but...think of a huge ass tree. Detlas could easily fit within the diameter of the trunk. You could build a small town on its branches if it weren't for all the fairy residences. Some say the Blossom was there longer than anything else in this world.
    • Bluet Falls is a huge waterfall that rivals in age with the Kilalya Blossom. It feeds into the main river in Kilalya. Fun fact is, this waterfall seems to have an infinite source, with some speculating a rift or portal at the top opened up, leading water to flow from another dimension.
    • The current Fairy Queen is Queen Rineri. At current time its the 78th year since her coronation. The Palace is easily the grandest structure in Kilalya and the surrounding land. Constructed out of white marble, its slightly shorter than the Kilalya Blossom but it can be seen from Soralini.
    (Here is a sketch I posted in Your Work last year.)
    https://i.imgur.com/IkF6RPa.jpg
    [​IMG]

You, the player, will aim to encourage Queen Rineri to open up the rest of Kilalya for the outside world.

The questline could begin in Soralini. As the level of the area increases deeper inside Kilalya, the difficulty of the quests will grow as well.

Work in progress

Thank you for taking time to read my suggestion so far!
    Over time I will include new things and possibly built examples when I have more free time.

:)

Marco, The Grox, WithTheFish and 7 others like this.
  2. Super_m

Super_m NEW Lord of Bloomi. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Rip square map dream.

Sonick, Lotem, Jbip and 2 others like this.
  3. DrX2345

DrX2345 Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    That's pretty good

NPCGrian likes this.
  4. plant guy

plant guy Mineplex trainee

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  5. Saxophone Smurf

Saxophone Smurf General Suggestions skrub

Minecraft:
    i identify as an eggplant +1

Sonick likes this.
  6. RLLL93

RLLL93 Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Nice, wanna read some quests And the dungeon

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017 at 2:39 AM
  7. Aarontti

Aarontti CMD App Manager CMD HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Sure, we'll just add this into the pile of province ideas with Bloomi and Morgor!

8. Super_m

Super_m NEW Lord of Bloomi. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Careful there Aarontii ot you're gonna get people angry for having useless comments!
    /s

NPCGrian likes this.
  9. Sonick

Sonick Proud level 57 Warrior.

Don't forget to put Drun'dek in that pile too.
    please

The Grox and Stag2001 like this.
  10. Tobulance

Tobulance Yes this is epic HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    real shit add a fairy related quest in gavel though

11. ShadowMage1

ShadowMage1 Dark ☣ Matter HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My main concern is that I don't see any real dangers present in Kilalya so far. It seems a near-perfect province, save for the Rentenbris War. What could be situated there that would be problematic and dangerous for all of fairy-kind?

Also, Kilalya: "Kill all o' ya"

12. Beefandleather

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thanks!
    No.
    Thanks! They will be done when I have more time.
    Its mentioned that its full of local dangers and also creatures from other dimensions.

13. ShadowMage1

ShadowMage1 Dark ☣ Matter HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I guess I must've skimmed past that part.

14. lego_man724

lego_man724 An evolved jungle slime

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Considering it's size it really needs a larger level range, further it looks great!

15. NPCGrian

NPCGrian Not a likebomber | Add Avos Air Spear VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nice work! I'm sorry to say this is not going to happen, but your drawing are very pretty :-D

16. Eldrex

Eldrex Head Scholar of Dern HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Not going to happen as much as I wish it would.

17. The Grox

The Grox Yes, I'm pointing my gun to you! VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    you forgot drun'dek from @sanick @Sonick

Sonick likes this.
  18. Beefandleather

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Same tbh, but thanks!
    Thank you :)