1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Item Transmogging (change Item Textures) 45+ Supporters

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Argagaes, Dec 6, 2015.

?

Would you like to see this happen SOME DAY, not right now or after gavel... no rush.

1. Yes, why not, it's a bit extra cash for wynn and a cool idea!

2. Nevah because I dislike cool looking items!

3. Idk, idc, do what u want?

4. The potatoes will take over wynncraft!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Argagaes

Argagaes Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    and what prevents a lvl 75 from wearing noob gear and one shotting using a lvl 75 weapon... sorry but I feel like this point is invalid. Also you can kindly ask people to speak normally in chat before the duels to see their levels. Heck you can even change class during the 10s currently...

Ascended Kitten likes this.
  2. SeanThomas2

SeanThomas2 Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Well when you duel by shift left clicking it tells their level( but it does not if you do / duel) And duels do not matter, they are not needed in the game all, and are just their to let us have fun.

3. PillowPet

PillowPet Lovable Neighborhood Pillow CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well 75's don't always have endgame, so you would have to guess what armor their wearing.

4. Argagaes

Minecraft:
    Well I guess it's a valid point, but still not anywhere near of being an actually good reason for this not to work.

5. Argagaes

Minecraft:
    bump. (also pls comment ideas and opinions, not just vote xD)

6. Argagaes

Minecraft:
    moar bump? why do we get more votes but never comments. Even if you got nothing to add you can just say "kk m8, good idea! I support it :3" so this thing doesn't fall to the forgotten back corners of the suggestions.

7. King_Wasabi

King_Wasabi Meme Lord

I agree with PillowPet. Seeing the armor of other players is actually pretty cool. It gives you something to strive for.

8. Argagaes

Minecraft:
    But what would prevent them from wearing low level armor, start duel, switch back. Unless you only meant the part that you can see high level armor, then just don't transmog it? I never wear the end game set unless I have to because I find it so ugly. It's not even valuable anymore so I don't feel like it's cool in those means either. (I myself always wear nether armor...)

9. King_Wasabi

King_Wasabi Meme Lord

I agree whole heartedly with implementing this into Wynn. The only thing is that, like others have said, you can't judge other players strength. Maybe we just need to make the endgame armor look nicer.

10. Argagaes

Minecraft:
    Well thanks for at least making a point that doesn't somehow include dueling.... (because that's a dum reason imo :P) But if you ask me, I think the level in chat is easily enough to tell how strong someone is. I honestly don't see why this is so important... if they wanted players to always wear the best stuff they can, they would force u to wear armor close to your level. I honestly can't see why people would spend real money on looking as noobish as possible while all they could do is wear low level gear to gain the effect. But maybe that's just me then.

11. King_Wasabi

King_Wasabi Meme Lord

Did we discuss the possibility that players that send pending duel requests will have the true form of the armor showing instead of the transmogrified version?

12. Argagaes

Minecraft:
    Hmm not yet... although I'm not sure but that could cause lag for some people... especially if you missclick

13. Felix_Flame

Felix_Flame The Phoenix King VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I had a idea like this, but it was worked around replacing the armor dyes in the game. Still a great concept

14. ppanket

ppanket Well-Known Adventurer

I think it would be better if you could just change it to any item you've collected before (like in trove) and change it back however you want.Could work with the items of same kind too.

15. xBananaGamer96X

xBananaGamer96X Travelled Adventurer

The concept is great, but the term "transmog" just doesn't really sound right for me (try saying "i'm going to go transmog my gear" irl)

16. Argagaes

Minecraft:
    Well that could cause some economy problems... because people could sell and trade skins without losing them. For example some super rare item skins (currently nether armor for example) would become a lot more common as people would trust trade and buy the items just to sell them away.

17. xBananaGamer96X

xBananaGamer96X Travelled Adventurer

"stitching"? idk lol

18. ppanket

Just make it so items lose their skins whe they get traded then.

19. Argagaes

Minecraft:
    yes... it would still break the economy tho :D The other item does not get a new texture. Therefore you can use it to transmog and then just sell it away just as I stated earlier....

20. ppanket

Not changing the economy is not breaking it at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.