1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Guilds Impose A Guild War Cooldown After Leaving A Guild

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by meadow, Jan 4, 2019.

?

Yes or no?

1. Yes (+1)

63.7%
  2. Yes, but with some changes (+0.5)

8.8%
  3. No (+0)

27.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ascended Kitten

Ascended Kitten The Greatest HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That's something we all can agree on, but only a moderator can edit it.

Hei, Bramblesthatcat, H0Y and 4 others like this.
  2. meadow

meadow STILL #1 AS warrer // Abusing databases since 2018 CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I didn't say ban subguilds, nor did I say make players unable to war in subguilds. They can still do so.

Why a delay for wars after guild switching? Because that makes big guild less likely to be able to bully small ones by instantaneously splitting into 3 which puts them in no match. Now whos gonna fight a never winning war? That's printing full map dominance in the long run, and kills the fun of the majority. I can't think of another reason to vote no other than greed and pride.

In my opinion, complaining about being 8v3'ed isn't a valid argument at all. If you got that many guild to dislike you then you should review your policies and perhaps make changes. Period.

Looks like this topic of this discussion is already being diverted once again, from a cooldown to war after leaving/being kicked from a guild, to whether using subguilds should be legal. Stop it.

3. Ascended Kitten

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I do think it should still be considered on topic since you can't talk about one thing without mentioning the other when it's that closely related. The only thing hopping is used for in a competitive environment is subs so you cannot exclude it from the conversation.

That said, I think subguilds are a fine workaround for now to reward big guilds for being successful and having a lot of war capable members.
    You got to keep in mind that wars are a competition, they aren't a fair split and being the most competitive and active should be rewarded.

Right now, if you were bound to 1 guild, all your claims would depend on whether other guilds decide to like you or not and while "review your foreign policies" is a fancy line it means nothing seeing how competition shouldn't be up to human emotions and grudges.

4. meadow

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Pleas try to read my last paragraph and tell me the relationship between the two things mentioned. No part of my suggestion said outrule the use of subguilds. Seriously please read.

5. Ascended Kitten

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I am very much aware of what you wrote which is why I addressed it in my first paragraph, but which other applications of guild hopping can you find?

6. meadow

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You are now asking for that? I think I can easily find 5 or 6 players who hopped in your alliance or even more. And I did ask you how are the two things related and you didn't respond. Sorry but I don't consider that "addressed". Read carefully again please.

7. Ascended Kitten

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Alright I think this is getting a bit too emotional and there obviously is a misunderstanding so let me pm you.

8. PikaLegend

PikaLegend Shocking VIP+

Minecraft:
    I don't think a Guild Join cooldown is needed, it is probably more just a Guild Wars cooldown when changing guilds. That way, people can join all the guilds they want (in the penalty that they need to lose some sp every time), but they cannot really abuse it for competitive guild wars.

I think you should change the title of this suggestion, I got confused since I initially thought it was a cooldown on switching guilds (which would cause problems), but after reading the thread it was actually about a cooldown for joining Guild Wars when switching guilds.

9. meadow

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Updated thank you

PikaLegend likes this.
  10. scottmad

scottmad The Council will see you to you later....

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is more of a hot mess then Lava Lake tbh

Luky0 likes this.
  11. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    imo guilds should war as many times at once as they want, that way you get rewarded for having a big active community and remove the need for the sub guild work around

12. Ascended Kitten

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'd agree, but right now wars are too quick and straightforward to work like that since it'd result in chaos.
    I'd totally love to see that post guild update though.

13. meadow

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bump10char

14. Hei

Hei The Black Reaper CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I actually wanted to respond to this message the other day, but usually sub guilds and guild hopping is only used when it's already a 1v2 or 1v3, it's literally just used to pick up the slack. So let's say if Imp is up against 3 Olympus guilds and we have a lot of members but the guild war limitations prevent us from handling 3 at a time we can guild hop to another guild or sub guild to even the playing field, I don't think bringing out sub guilds or guild hopping has ever been used in an original 1v1 situation unless, like I said before, your enemy started bringing allies so THEY made it a 1v2+ situation and you're attempting to stand your ground.

15. KnightsofRen_

KnightsofRen_ Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Guild wars can be competitive, I agree. However, there is a reason you can't have two wars going on at the same time in a single guild for a reason, and I believe sub-guilds are a cheap way of going around it. If you are up against a 1 v 2, or a 1 v 3, tough luck, just wait until they go offline and then attack, or make alliances of your own. Having sub guilds that take the whole map just makes the big guilds bigger, and leaves the smaller guilds with no chances. The bigger guilds are already dominating the smaller guilds as it is.

Obviously, ascended kitten has a conflict of interest, as the owner of Imp, and as one of the guilds who uses this cheap loophole, wants to keep it. I disagree for the above reasons.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  16. KnightsofRen_

Minecraft:
    I agree 100%. People should be able to join and leave as they please without any limits. However, a guild war timeout for 24 hours makes perfect sense, and would not prevent people from leaving and joining several guilds as they please at all and would prevent war abuses.

17. Drew1011

Drew1011 Former Viceroy of the Foxes / Reviver of Kingdoms HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Except it's not abuse. There's absolutely nothing wrong with putting your extra members in another guild so that they can help war. If you have 12 online members and you're being attacked by 3 different guilds with a total of let's say 4 members, there's absolutely nothing wrong with making it fair by letting those extra members war.
    The fundamental problem with wars is that the war length hits its lowest with 3 people warring...A guild with 13 people warring can be matched by an enemy guild with just 3 people warring. You should be able to use those extra 10 members to your advantage.
    If anything the fairest and most balanced way to war is to put extra members in subguilds.

Bramblesthatcat likes this.
  18. KnightsofRen_

Minecraft:
    How is that fair? If you're being attacked by 3,4 or 5 different guilds, then that's what you have to deal with. Make alliances, or attempt a parlay. Thats the ultimate fairness, having every guild have the same warring capability. Only a very few top guilds have that many people active at the same time (13, as an example). How are guilds with 4-6 people active at once constantly, which is a fair amount of activeness supposed to compete with guilds that have sub guilds? I'm not even talking about actual competiton. Most average guilds aren't even able to hold on to a single territory before its taken by a big name guild, and having a mega guild use several guilds to take the map rapidly only compounds the problem.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  19. Drew1011

Drew1011 Former Viceroy of the Foxes / Reviver of Kingdoms HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It’s most certainly fair.
    How is it fair for 3 people to be able to overwhelm 12 people?
    If you’re more active and have more people...you deserve to win.

If you’re bad at building your guild up and only have like 4-6 active people when you need to war then you deserve to get stomped by better guilds.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Bramblesthatcat likes this.
  20. KnightsofRen_

Minecraft:
    Well, I suppose that we can agree to disagree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.