1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Guilds Impose A Guild War Cooldown After Leaving A Guild

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by meadow, Jan 4, 2019.

?

Yes or no?

1. Yes (+1)

63.7%
  2. Yes, but with some changes (+0.5)

8.8%
  3. No (+0)

27.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meadow

meadow STILL #1 AS warrer // Abusing databases since 2018 CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Others simply don't stand a chance because a 1v1 war can become a v2 or 1v3 one because people employ the tactic of guild hopping. I've witnessed that. It's not relationships with other guilds, just their members hopping like a rabbit.

2. Ascended Kitten

Ascended Kitten The Greatest HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh hey, it's two guilds I own!
    Before I continue I'd like to say that while I am obviously guilty of using subs I don't think it's the most fun technique either. However, once you start looking for what might seem like an obvious alternative you run into some severe issues.
    For those not too involved with guild affairs and wars, right now the main conflict is between the Valkyrie alliance (5 guilds as of now, 3 actively warring) and Olympus, an alliance opposing Valkyrie consisting of 8+ guilds. No matter how big a guild is, assuming equal activity 1 can never win, or at least gain, against two. It is an inherent limitation of the current war system since only one war can be started at a time, but in that scenario the solution for most would just be to recruit more guilds to match strength.
    Now lets all think back to the last time people actively assembled the strongest guilds to create an alliance; Federation. A construct that pretty much any non-member hated, whose fall was celebrated and welcomed by most. I hate to categorize people by their guild and alliance, but if I didn't know any better I'd almost daresay it is a bit hypocritical, to advocate against the alternative when most would swear that nothing is worse than a new mega alliance.
    For now I think subguilds are a temporary solution to the underlying problem, the inflexibility of wars and the fact that level, activity and bank size are barely rewarded. Personally I hope (and believe) that a lot of those issues will be addressed in the upcoming guild update, but for now subs are, in my opinion, a legitimate strategy. After all you do need to have the strength and people to fill and coordinate them.

3. meadow

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oof I didn't think of that. You are right.

4. Hei

Hei The Black Reaper CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well damn, if there's a counter argument to that somehow I would love to hear it, well said.

5. meadow

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    As I've said, guild wars is more like inter-guild relationships and guild activity. Blaming on 5v8 is just bs, it just tells everybody your guild doesn't have enough allies to counter a big alliance, or your guild just attracts too much fire for some reason. I suggest reviewing your policies instead of blaming.

Regarding Federation, it also falls on the inter-guild relationship category. I was in Federation, and I know that resolutions such as accepting a guild takes a vote. At least Back when Fed existed I don't see anyone complaining its 6vs12. They are fighting by not killing everyone's fun. By using subguilds, like you admitted, is actively killing others' fun and in my point of view, it's really selfish and greedy of you.

If you want to win, win it legitimately. Feeling something is flawed? Make a suggestion instead of killing everyone's joy. It's really not that hard as a staff member. I have absolutely no respect to those who hurts others to benefit themselves.

If you feel offended after reading this, sorry you felt that way.

6. Drew1011

Drew1011 Former Viceroy of the Foxes / Reviver of Kingdoms HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think it’s a pretty dumb idea. There’s not really much point to it. There’s nothing wrong with people transferring to another guild to do wars when necessary, practically every relevant guild has done it and all it does is give an advantage to the more active guilds, which is reasonable and how it should be in the first place.

Yuno F Gasai, Bramblesthatcat and Hei like this.
  7. Hei

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    But if you're in a good alliance you probably would have a chance... it just takes basic coordination. Like AscendedKitten said, there is a 3v8+ going on right now and Valk is just using strategy to stand their ground. For the 900th time, not a fan of using sub guilds and, like Nepeta Lejion said, it's a strategy, so we can stand a chance and so we can be successful. I like this threat btw, nice to debate once in a while uwu

Bramblesthatcat likes this.
  8. meadow

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    By using subguilds it's not 3v8. it's (3+number of subguilds)v8

9. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    18. Do not use alternate guilds or sub-guilds to maintain territory.

An alternate guild doesn’t have to be owned by a person’s alternate account. This applies to any guild being used to capture territories which are then allowed to be captured by a main guild.

I have a question, how is your way of using subguilds different than above?
    Just a neutral observer btw.

hppeng, Hyco and meadow like this.
  10. meadow

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Just my opinion, it can't be enforced because wynn staff is actively violating it

Lukefiredemon and Britney1111 like this.
  11. Hei

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    exactly, sub guilds (which we barely even use lmao) make it a fair fight

12. DeathLucifer

DeathLucifer Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    majority vote? please just look at the names its all anti-valk aka Olympus and SOL

Bramblesthatcat likes this.
  13. Hei

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    By "the majority" I'm assuming you mean your alliance, right?

14. Drew1011

Drew1011 Former Viceroy of the Foxes / Reviver of Kingdoms HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It’s well established at this point that the majority of the guild community doesn’t know anything about what’s actually healthy for the game.

15. DeathLucifer

DeathLucifer Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the idea you have in general is just going to hurt new players with the points you edited in. minority or not they are players at least thats what i see so far

16. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I just want my question answered. As a person who doesn't do wars anymore, how is Imp's way of using subguilds different?

Tsuneo likes this.
  17. Icey_Diamond

Icey_Diamond ♛ Icey_Diamond - Digital Artists CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hey Sam where is this guy that liked to take down Fed and kept putting 1k fillers heh?

18. Hei

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    different from what?

19. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:

hppeng, Tsuneo and Bramblesthatcat like this.
  20. Icey_Diamond

Icey_Diamond ♛ Icey_Diamond - Digital Artists CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "Mega alliances" Well it's true Olympus does want to share territories between provinces. And I do see it becoming like Federation. But what about Valkyrie alliance you guys like Imp own like 100 territories like what. At least Fox is the one who doesn't own bunch of territories and just canyon. And atleast Aesir alliance just wants to own canyon and not ALL of gavel.

30 day period, Britney1111 and meadow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.