1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Housing Suggestion With Details

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by ParkourTNT, Sep 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ParkourTNT

ParkourTNT Wynncraft will have houses one day HERO

Minecraft:
    I originally wanted to put a giant thread with a lot of text but decided to simplify it as much as I can.

Important Notes:

1. There won't be a vote until I'm satisfied with my suggestion (Sorry).
    2. Please let me know what you think about the suggestion.
    3. Ignore how I named things, they are just examples.

Housing can be a good endgame addition to Wynncraft if it's done well. I thought of two ways to add housing, each of them has advantages and disadvantages.

With Building:

How can you get a house?
    There will be an NPC in every/most important cities (Just like the Trade Market).
    When clicking the NPC it will ask you if you want a house and tells you the price is x.
    If you have enough emeralds to buy a house, the NPC will tell you the same thing except now you can buy the house (similar to making a guild).

After buying a house from the NPC it will tp you to:
    1. A place in the same world where there will be 50 plates (since there are only 50 players in one world).
    2. Another world where there will be 100-200(?) plates for all the players. Note that you can only go there by clicking the NPC, there won't be a special button in the lobby to go to the world.

After teleporting to the place, you'll be in the market part of the place (which is the center in the place). Around the market, there will be 50 plates for the players.
    1.png
    The NPC will tell you that you can get out of the place by clicking me (the NPC) again, and reentering the place by clicking the NPC. Note that as weird as it sounds for the NPC to tell you to click him, it's infact used in the tutorial.

What is a plate?
    It's a space by 16x16 blocks, a full chunk. There will be a sign in the plate, clicking it will make the plate yours until you get out of the world.
    2.png
    At first, you won't have the full 16x16 space (full chunk). You will have 10x10 space, you can expand the space by going to the special NPC in the Market (the center place) to expand your plate by 2x2 for x emeralds. Note that the space I put (full chunk) is just an example, it can be changed (just like everything in this suggestion... because it's a suggestion).
    16x16
    16x16.png
    14x14
    14x14.png
    12x12
    12x12.png
    10x10
    10x10.png

What does the market have?
    It has the NPC that teleported you, and other NPCs that you can buy and sell housing materials.
    There are five NPCs:
    1. Housing NPC that teleport you to the housing area.
    2. Special NPC that have several things like expanding your plate, selling something that can destroy your house in instant and drops them in the ground and a flying item that you can use in the whole housing area, etc.
    3. Materials NPC that sells and buy all the building materials.
    4. Furniture NPC that sells and buy furniture.
    5. Medals NPC that sells Medals (and other similar things) for doing things in the Wynncraft world, you can wear them or display them in your house.

You can't trade/buy/sell any housing items to players.
    Note that when I said that the third and fourth NPC can buy their stuff, it's because if you have materials or furniture that you don't want you can resell them to the NPC.
    Some materials/furniture can only be bought by using profession materials.
    (Maybe) Some items require you to have a specific amount of level in a specific profession to use.

Other things:
    1. If you're in the housing area you will gain soul points 15% faster, and you can raise the percentage from the Special NPC.
    2. (Maybe) You can also buy 2-4 normal chests from the Special NPC (to store items).
    3. Furniture will include models for chairs and tables etc.
    4. There will be an ender chest in the market.​

Without Building:

It's similar to the first idea in terms of what you can do or not, except you can't build (obviously from the name you can know...)

How can you get a house?
    There will be an NPC in every/most important cities (Just like the Trade Market).
    When clicking the NPC it will ask you if you want a house in this specific place (where the NPC is) and depending in the place where the NPC is, it will tell you 1) To pay a specific amount of emeralds 2) To do a specific task so you can get a permission to live in the area where the NPC is.
    Ex: Doing The Passage quest will make you a citizen, meaning that you will have permission to take a house in Troms.

If you have enough emeralds to buy a house or did the task, the NPC will permit you to live in the place. It will tell you to click the sign in the house that you want to live in, there will be some houses that you can't take in the specific place that you get permission to live in.

You can also maybe buy permissions for houses that aren't in the main cities.

How does the house work?
    Claiming the house won't change anything, it will be the same building.
    You can only change the interior of the house by using the special boxes in the house that you can claim.
    If you get far away from your house (100 blocks away?) it will be back to normal.

What are the Special boxes?
    Every house that you can use will have special boxes.
    There are three Special boxes:
    1. Special Box that sells useful stuff(?)
    2. Furniture Box that sells furniture.
    3. Medals Box that sells Medals (and other similar things) for doing things in the Wynncraft world, you can wear them or display them in your house.

You can't trade/buy/sell any housing items to players.
    Note that when buying from the boxes it will replace the current furniture with the new one, and you can change it from the box that you use. Meaning that you won't break anything in the house, you will be able to only replace things by using the Special/Furniture box.

Example for the furniture box: I have one table and two chairs, using the furniture box i can replace the table and chairs with a different design.
    Example for the special box: You can buy two normal chests that 1) Will automatically be placed in the house or 2) There are already two normal chests but you can't use them until buying them from the special box, and you can also upgrade the percentage of soul points from 15% to 25%.

Other things:
    1. If you're near your house by 50(?) blocks you'll gain soul points 15% faster, and you can raise the percentage from the Special NPC.
    2. (Maybe) There will be two double normal chests that you can use by buying from the special box.
    3. Furniture will include models for chairs and tables etc.

The nice thing about the second suggestion is that it's in the Wynncraft world itself, it will feel like a mission to get all the housing permissions. But with the first suggestion, you can build which is nice, and you can see other people housing easier.​

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    Novalescent likes this.
  2. Novalescent

Novalescent Wynncraft Systematic Recreation Developer VIP+

Minecraft:
    "With Building" sounds fairly nice. Besides the side of the plots themselves.

I actually wouldn't having the "House world" be on some other server or off-map. I've seen a server do something similar to this and everything still turned out fine and dandy. They have over 300 houses saved. It's a completely separate server though.

"Without building" is questionable. I sorta skimmed, but if you buy a house, will other players see your house and what you've placed in it? Or is this all client-side?

Iboju likes this.
  3. ParkourTNT

Minecraft:
    They can't place anything, it's to make it simple and to not ruin the look of Wynncraft. But they can change the furniture by using the furniture box and add new things by using the special box.
    For example, I have one table and two chairs, using the furniture box i can replace the table and chairs with a different design.
    For the special box, you can, for example, buy two normal chests that 1) Will automatically be placed in the house or 2) There are already two normal chests but you can't use them until buying them from the special box, and you can also upgrade the percentage of soul points from 15% to 25%.

Updated the thread to have the text above for clarification.

Note: The players will see the changes you made to the house.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  4. StormKing3

StormKing3 Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "You can't trade/buy/sell any housing items to players." - That's a shame, that's like the only thing I liked about Ruinc's housing suggestion yesterday XD

" If you're near your house by 50(?) blocks you'll gain soul points 15% faster, and you can raise the percentage from the Special NPC." - No offense but encouraging idling ain't a great thing ngl

Iboju likes this.
  5. ParkourTNT

Minecraft:
    I might change that rule, i just need to think of how to do it.
    I'm not really sure how that will encourage idling. It's just a nice feature to have that isn't overly powerful, for example, if you have low soul points you can afk at your house to replenish your soul points faster.

6. StormKing3

StormKing3 Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "I'm not really sure how that will encourage idling" - Two seconds later - "you can afk at your house"

I think I made my point lol, anyway, one of the better house suggestion well done

ParkourTNT likes this.
  7. ParkourTNT

Minecraft:
    But afk isn't always being lazy. Afking in your house will make it faster to get soul points, so you can play Wynncraft more.
    When I'm fighting bosses, I often die a lot since I'm not really that good at the game (and I'm too lazy to make a good build) so when I get low on soul points I just afk in Wynncraft.

Anyway, it won't really affect the players a lot. It's just a nice side feature that will help you get your soul points faster.

Spore999 and StormKing3 like this.
  8. Runaiic

Runaiic Page of Mind, Taurza, INTP 5w4

The biggest issue I have with separate servers for housing suggestions is that it costs a lot in terms of server resources, you have to maintain a whole new world, which won't be as extensively used as any of the main servers. It's a lot to ask for especially for something as simple as housing.

The without building one is a lot more elegant, and is similar to my own housing suggestion, (it is very similar to summoning) except that you can't build.

You should also have a way to future-proof the thing, as eventually, old players that have left the server will still have their house consuming valuable server space, and over a time period of years, this won't be sustainable. You could make it so that after a period of inactivity, the house is deleted, or add a tax system requiring players to cough up money so their houses won't be deleted, which can be done automatically. The latter is a bit more aggressive, but it ensures players can't just log in every 7 months and not worry about their houses being deleted (thus hogging up space), or players losing their houses after being away.

ParkourTNT likes this.
  9. ParkourTNT

Minecraft:
    For the first idea, I'm not really sure how servers exactly work, so can you explain to me how adding 100 chunks that are far away from Wynn/Gavel province on every world will effect the server? Or if you know of someplace that has explanations on how servers work, link me to it.

About the second idea, since you would only be able to add items in limited chests or by displaying them, and can only change specific things inside the house. The server will probably be able to handle it just like it did with players that stored items in their bank/class and left the game (Maybe).
    To explain a little bit on how to change the furniture: You will have options in the boxes each of them will copy certain furniture and past it in the place where is the old furniture is (Note that you will have an option to return the normal furniture). So, the thing that will be saved is the commands that will do the thing. When you get back to your house it will activate those commands
    I'm not sure if that explains it well, but I'll try to explain some of the things in the thread later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.