1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Give Leather Armor Sets Color

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Aya, Aug 1, 2020.

?

Turn on the colors for leather sets?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    94.4%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So remember how Black Armor, Adventurer's Set, Snow armor and other pre-gavel sets had color? Ok so here is the thing, some sets like Black armor no longer drop and show its intended color, black
    And the thing is, due to some items like this specific set being sold by a merchant after the Gavel update, they still maintained color, and now that the merchant doesn't sell it anymore it it drops as a normal leather piece
    So how is this an issue? Well basically whoever had bought and kept these items after their colored counterparts could no longer be obtained gets to do this 2020-08-01_15.22.27.png
    As you can see, you get to put really high prices on these items because they are colored and the supply is finite and low (I mean I don't know about you, but I don't think a level 33 set helmet should be worth 10LE)
    The issue here is the fact that noone was able to predict colored leather armor would no longer be a thing (unless I've missed something), effectively granting a huge amount of money to anyone who had kept these pieces and manages to sell them, since there are like 50 left in the game (made up the number, but let's assume it is as low as that at this point)

I feel like it is a bit unfair honestly, because as I said, noone was able to predict that would happen
    Also normal leather armor is lame, colored leather armor is sick and that's why set leather items obtained in quests are sick even if they aren't good
    So yeah can we turn the colors on for leather set armor? It would make them cooler, easier to identify if someone is wearing it and would fix this issue I've mentioned of people profitting heavily due to something that was under noone in the playerbase's control

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    Son_Omega_Dan and Emogla3 like this.
  2. creature

creature 50 player EO survivor VIP

Minecraft:
    Agree, but put some more emphasis on this part. That'd be the biggest reason for most people.

3. Aya

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ok I made it big

4. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Technically they're not supposed to, but yeah. I feel like the sets really have more character when they have a special color and it allows you to customize your build a bit more.

5. Sunshine_Sammy

Sunshine_Sammy Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    This is actually a really good suggestion and my first impression was what, but after reading I completely agree. I managed to once get hold of some older adventurers cap and then accidentally sold on the TM for the set price, biggest mistake ever cause when I realised what I had done, it was gone.

6. Aya

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah I can tell why
    But you get the economic point I made I assume

Sunshine_Sammy likes this.
  7. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW, former leader of Imp and Valk

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Iirc there was a rule that said you can't sell collectables for more just because they're different

8. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time Staff Member Moderator ♪ Music Item Team HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Set armor is supposed to have color when it drops- the function for it is broken, however. The only sets which have color are ones derived as direct drops- Skien's Set, Ultramarine Set, etc.

However, it's notable that selling leather armor for a greater amount than it would be worth normally because it has color is illegal- it counts as a scam since the item has the same effects as any other and you can obtain the same item, just without color, on your own. Similarly, an armor that was a different armor type(say, a diamond Blue Mask) is also not worth an emerald more than usual. So what they're doing is scamming, HARD.

Melkor likes this.
  9. Samsam101

Samsam101 somehow only just got to level 100 after 4 years

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    doesnt matter to me because my texture pack changes the skins of set items but i can see how this would affect other people

10. Aya

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Also quest armor sets, Champion armor has its blue color
    So when is that getting fixed
    Funny ban hammer time

11. Aya

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Alright I added a little suggestion that will help deal with scammers at the end of the main post

12. Untitled Doc

Untitled Doc 1 man robotics team

Minecraft:
    Good suggestion overall, until I saw the last line.

Yes it catches scammers quite effectively and I would normally be down for something like this.

However revealing sellers names opens up opportunities for people to bug and spam people selling high value items. Perhaps new players learn about mythics and other high value items, and they ask the seller to give it to them for free or beg for emeralds clogging up PM's if you're using wynntils or chat in general if you aren't. Or people searching for an item start PM'ing the sellers to negotiate a lower price. Among other reasons.

13. Aya

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I kind of see your point, but isn't the moderation team's job to make sure that stuff like that doesn't happen? I mean, I'm pretty sure spamming someone when that someone didn't allow said spam to happen is bannable
    Also yeah markets do be like that

Untitled Doc likes this.
  14. Untitled Doc

Untitled Doc 1 man robotics team

Minecraft:
    I mean one example I can offer was the mistake of saying in Detlas that I sell leveling legendaries in the trade market for great profits when I was answering questions, I proceeded to get a few dozen PM's over the next several minutes from many different low level people to give it to them for free, and not necessarily one person spamming me repeatedly. If it doesn't sell then I lower the price but if I wanted to negotiate I would make a forum shop or advertise it in the discord. I would turn off PM's but I use it to contact with friends on different worlds to coordinate things.

15. Aya

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Fair

Untitled Doc likes this.