1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Gathering Post Minigame (added More Detail To Notes Section)

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by proskillz314, Jan 12, 2020.

?

What do you think?

1. I want this idea to be added.

45.5%
  2. I do not want this idea to be added. (Please explain)

36.4%
  3. I want this idea, but with changes (Please explain)

18.2%
  1. proskillz314

proskillz314 Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    In the 1.19 update, the devs added gathering posts. These would give xp when players brought a certain number pf materials to the gathering post. However, these miniquests do not change much in professions gameplay, their only use being to make grinding professions slightly faster,

Therefore, my proposal is to turn the otherwise bland and mundane miniquest into a minigame that will hopefully make gathering less boring.

Basically, it gives players a time limit to collect a certain number of tokens (specific to the gathering post, drops instead of resources during the minigame.) An example would be having to collect a certain number of oak wood tokens in a certain amount of time.
    1.The Player would approach the post, and upon right-clicking it, have the option to choose between three difficulty modes, each giving different amounts of xp.(Easy, Normal, Hard).

2. Upon choosing the mode, the player has to pay a certain number of emeralds (depends on the post and the difficulty). Then, the timer starts and will be shown on screen as a title. The number of tokens left to collect is shown below the title. During this time, the refining chance is 100 percent.

3. Upon collecting the desired number of tokens, the timer will automatically stop and the player will be teleported to the post and receive his reward(profession xp).

4. However, if the timer runs out before the player has completed his objective, the player will be teleported to the post and receive nothing.

6. The minigame is repeatable, as long as the player pays the emeralds required every time he plays.

Additional notes: The higher the difficulty, the higher the emerald cost, tokens needed and xp given. The difficulty does not affect time taken.

Note:

1. I did not add the numerical values, as they differ with each gathering post.

2. This, along with slaying posts could be renamed training post or something similar. This could help fit them somewhat into some lore.

3. Some advantages for the features in the minigame: Different levels adding an incentive for replying the game, tokens added to separate normal resources from those used for the minigame to prevent cheating, emerald price to discourage players from abusing them.

4. A similar system could be used for slaying posts, but i focused on gathering miniquests cause they are more boring.

This minigame should act as a profession version of quests and dungeons, and hopefully make it more fun to grind professions.

Thanks for reading and feedback is appreciated.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  2. I_Liek_Turtlez

I_Liek_Turtlez Professional troglodyte HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think the idea could MAYBE work, but I feel as tho tokens are a dumb idea to have in this, and the mini game idea actually. I think it should just be changed so that you can choose between the 3 difficulties and have to gather more but get more xp, if anything at all should change bc I like the system as it is mostly lol

Theeef and Iboju like this.
  3. proskillz314

Minecraft:
    Well, this idea is based off the fact that people find the gathering grind boring and unfun, due to it relying on no skill, unlike grinding for combat xp. At least people require some skill to complete the game, by gathering quickly. And tokens are there to make sure that people dont cheat by using resources they had gathered before.

If you are saying minigames dont belong, then I have to respectfully disagree. After all, they do exist in the form of dungeons and Zhight Island. And WF was removed due to it dying as the gameplay had no impact on the main game.

If you like the system as it is, then I respect your opinion, and hope you do well in life.

4. I_Liek_Turtlez

I_Liek_Turtlez Professional troglodyte HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Gathering is optional, so it doesn’t have to be fun. It’s literally a mechanic for players that have “completed” the game and are looking for something more challenging.

5. HowToZombie

HowToZombie the final elkurn activist HERO

Minecraft:
    just because something is optional doesnt excuse it being boring and unfun
    waving professions off as just a "mechanic for players who have 'completed' the game" completely misses the point
    professions might suck as they are now, but that doesnt mean they cant be made better
    /rant over

oh yeah i like the suggestion too

6. proskillz314

Minecraft:
    bump bump bump

7. proskillz314

Minecraft:
    bump bump bump

8. proskillz314

Minecraft:
    bumpity bump bump bump

9. proskillz314

Minecraft:
    bumping cause i still really want this

10. proskillz314

Minecraft:
    You know, it would be nice if someone voted on this.

11. proskillz314

Minecraft:
    bump 10char

12. proskillz314

Minecraft:
    bump bump bump

13. StormKing3

StormKing3 Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I like the gathering posts the way they are, and I would not like to pay emeralds to do it or have a time limit. I hate time limited tasks

14. proskillz314

Minecraft:
    If you like the system the way it is, I have nothing against you; this system was designed for those who find the gathering mechanics boring and would like more skill incorporated into it.

15. proskillz314

Minecraft:
    bump bump bump

16. bessons-flowers

bessons-flowers ♧ the local emerald dealer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The general gist of it is good, but there are things that would need changing and balancing.
    First of all, paying for gathering posts would be absolutely hilarious, since richer people could still abuse them, but people with less money would be unhappy.
    If it will be made into a minigame, make it a one-time only thing. Once you successfully complete its minigame, no more. That makes it fairer, doesn't underpower the actual way of gaining xp, doesn't oblige the usage of money.
    I like the fact that gathering posts are a specific level so they could stay that level (or be changed to a different specific level) instead of having opportunities for many levels.
    Let's create a scenario.
    The trout post by the river, once you activate it at, let's say, level 16, a cutscene opens up and you seemed to have dropped your rod in the river. The minigame part is to throw rocks into the water to stop your rod from reaching Nemract. Based on difficulty, the rod can move faster, there could be less rocks to collect, etc.
    If you succeed, you get XP and for example find out that 3 trouts seem to have clinged onto your fishing rod. [200 XP, 3 unprocessed trout]
    If you fail, you have finally acquired your rod after going all the way to the shore of Nemract, retrieved it and found that it is very damaged! [-15 Durability on your fishing rod]
    Instead of making it a grind, they can be made into actual miniquests with fun minigames imo. Your idea is not well developed, but like I said, the general gist of it is good.
    Dungeons are not minigames. They are... dungeons. They take longer than a normal minigame and well they have different minigames inside them (parkour, puzzle, timed challenge...)
    Also, dungeons and Zhight Island are barely a part of the game, so you can't really say they make a big difference to the game, seeing as it is possible to grind to level 100 without quests or dungeons.
    I haven't actually played the games on Zhight Island yet, despite wanting to heavily, so I can't make a full judgment of it, but nobody ever steps foot on Zhight Island anyway. (Also shouldn't it be called "Zhight Isles" or "the Archipelago of Zhight/Zhight Archipelago"?)