1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Gathered Material Quality Stat

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by sossololpipi, Feb 21, 2021.

?

is getting t2+ materials annoying

  1. yes

    83.3%
  2. no

    16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sossololpipi

    sossololpipi Skilled Adventurer

    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    27
    a stat exclusive to crafted items which increases the chance of getting higher quality gathered materials. it would be very useful near endgame crafting, in which gathering t2 materials and above is a chore.
     
  2. dr_carlos

    dr_carlos Morph Gang! VIP

    Messages:
    1,755
    Likes Received:
    1,895
    Trophy Points:
    128
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What items would have this?
    How common would it be?
    How much would it impact the game?
    What increase would there be?
    What level items can get this?
     
  3. ron111701

    ron111701 proffa CHAMPION

    Messages:
    1,472
    Likes Received:
    1,247
    Trophy Points:
    130
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    higher tiers are meant to be rare tho. not every market needs an LQ-like ID to break it
     
  4. sossololpipi

    sossololpipi Skilled Adventurer

    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    27
    the stat would be exclusive to t2-t3 crafting ingredients, meaning that there would still be a lot of effort needed in order to improve the quality of gathered materials. the large penalty of low durability on crafted items can make for a good balance.

    it could impact the game a little less than gathering experience did, but still have effect after reaching maximum level in all gathering stats.

    a single % of this stat removes 1% chance to get tier 1, and thus increases the chance to get a higher tier material. (by default, the chance of getting a t1 material = 89%, t2= 10%, t3= 1%)

    it would be possible to get 0-1% material quality ingredients at ~level 40, then noticeably higher chances past level 70.
     
    dr_carlos likes this.
  5. dr_carlos

    dr_carlos Morph Gang! VIP

    Messages:
    1,755
    Likes Received:
    1,895
    Trophy Points:
    128
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That seems pretty balanced to me. Idk though others probs won't like it
     
  6. ron111701

    ron111701 proffa CHAMPION

    Messages:
    1,472
    Likes Received:
    1,247
    Trophy Points:
    130
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    it really isnt. as i said before, not every bit of RNG in the game needs an LQ-like ID to make it less rare. ( also t3 and t2s literally arent that rare, idk why people are complaining)
     
  7. dr_carlos

    dr_carlos Morph Gang! VIP

    Messages:
    1,755
    Likes Received:
    1,895
    Trophy Points:
    128
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah I mean it's balanced doesn't mean it's a good idea.
    Anyway I said that others won't like it
     
  8. sossololpipi

    sossololpipi Skilled Adventurer

    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    27
    read this post at a slow pace or it might feel rather aggressive.

    the chance of getting a t3 material is 1% per harvest. this means that to make a level 103-105 potion with t3 materials, you'd have to harvest 1200 dernic grains & 600 dernic oil on average to get the materials for a single craft.

    this means that if you harvest once per second, with no delay at all, you'd have to harvest for half an hour (1800 secs) on average before getting the t3 materials for a single craft. of course, this is much more reasonable if you take T2 instead of T3 ; it'd only take 3 minutes to get it. however, ingame, you have to use time for the harvesting process (~3 seconds at appropriate level), walk from one node to another (usually rather short, about 2 seconds) and wait for the nodes to regenerate. if you have a prof speed bomb (which you also need to wait for, unless you actually want to buy them), we can remove the regenerating time & halve the time needed for 1 harvest. this comes down to 3.5 seconds per material gathered.

    all that considered, with optimal harvesting equipment and conditions, you'd have to spend 1.75 hours to get those materials. this doesn't seem too bad, but when you consider that the only thing you're doing in all that time is pointing and clicking at fish & plants, you might start to consider your crafting/life choices.

    (you could also use common sense and buy that stuff at all of these default name booths)

    thank you for looking at this excessively long rage post which looks nerdy but is just basic arithmetic.
     
  9. ron111701

    ron111701 proffa CHAMPION

    Messages:
    1,472
    Likes Received:
    1,247
    Trophy Points:
    130
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I know the percentages, and I also know how professions work. Yeah, they take time to gather, thats the entire point; They're the most powerful materials you can use. It provides an interesting challenge when making consumables, sure you could go and use t3s, but because they take a while to get, it may be more prudent to rework your desired consumable to use t2 materials. You're right though, you could buy them, my point is if t3s become a lot more common, then their prices would plummet. Not only that, if they were more common, it would ruin the strategy (the one I mentioned earlier) behind using t2 or t3 materials, since if t3 is common, then there will be no reason to use t2 materials. This same logic would apply to all crafted items, not just consumables. This suggestion would demolish the design behind the balance of crafted items.

    also please next time, dont treat me like im 5 kthx
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.