1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Dyeing Crafted Armor

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by GlacierHero, Feb 2, 2019.

?

Do you think it is a good idea?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. GlacierHero

GlacierHero Doppelganger of him VIP+

Minecraft:
    (Suggested on Discord, making a thread for broader discussion)

With the new crafting system implemented, I feel like the craftable equipment lack diversity. I don't mean the stats, but the appearance of the armor. So I propose adding a coloring system to armor specifically. Here's how it works:

New ingredient: Fabric
    This would be the ingredient to allow coloring on the armor piece, in an expense of lowering the durability and using up a slot. Applying this ingredient will change the armor material to leather in white color, meaning this armor is dyeable.
    The fabric has different tiers, represented by the crafting level in 10 levels increments. Each tier would allow 1 additional coloring slot, topping at 8 dyes (Crafting Level 70).
    This ingredient can be purchased from Mask Merchant, or as a drop from silk-spitting monsters.

New ingredient: Flower
    Since dyes are used as powders, I propose a more natural way to obtain dyes, which is picking flowers, either by picking up flowers as items (Purple Crystal in Excavation Site B), killing a passive mob (Lonely Rose near Detlas), or literally picking them (gathering).
    Calling this an "ingredient" is a bit inappropriate, as you can't add it to ingredient slots, so this item should just be "Misc item", like Dark Aura.

Applying the color
    This would be in a similar fashion to breeding horses, which is placing the armor piece and the dye into the 2x2 crafting slot. If the dyeing capacity is full or the armor is undyeable, it would simply not show anything.

Removing the color
    This would also be similar to Vanilla Minecraft, by washing them in cauldron filled with water. However, each washing will remove 1 dye slot, and when all slots are removed, it will revert back to the original material.

What would ultimately look like (in my head)
    Players would finally be able to create armors that suit their fighting style and element. A fire mage can make his armor orange and red so he looks like a candle. Want to be Darth Vader? Full black it is. It wouldn't just be iron and diamond anymore. It would look a lot more like a fantasy world with colorful armor.

2. GlacierHero

Minecraft:
    From the poll I can see some of you doesn't support this idea. As a way to improve this, may I ask for a reason?

Also bumb

3. J mun

J mun Snoisty VIP+

Minecraft:
    Maybe some people don't want a whole crafting addition right after a giant update. Idk, I'm just speculating.

4. StormKing3

StormKing3 Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    "Dyeing" - Oh dear, you need to learn how to spell that one XD.

Now, about your idea, I actually like it! I think it would give some individuality to the armour you create. It's not complex and it's not that major a crafting addition like the previous cartoon fish stated. I like it +1

5. GlacierHero

Minecraft:
    Judging by other suggestions in this section, I think I can safely say it isn't a giant overhaul. But yes, I see where you going.

No? Pretty sure it is spelled like this.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyeing

And thanks for the support! I too believe it isn't a major update, but I guess adding back all the dye color might be a bit troublesome

Also that's the giant fish from SAO s1

6. tig

tig Numismatist and Sports Fanatic | 8 Mythics Found

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    you can dye leather armor via a glitch, idk if it was patched tho

but i dont see why not

7. GlacierHero

Minecraft:
    Official support is definitely better than a glitch. I heard that you can get ban if you sell those dyed armor.

8. tig

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Agreed, but the current glitch is better than nothing for now
    you wont be banned for making it though

9. Bluescreen

Bluescreen Also known as boatscreen

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Actually, pretty sure making items like that is unintended and bannable as glitch abuse.

10. H0Y0Y0Y0Y0Y0B0Y

H0Y0Y0Y0Y0Y0B0Y A H0Y0Y0Y0Y0B0Y IMPROVED

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Apparently you can do it but you can’t tell others how to do it.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    Tsumi and Bluescreen like this.
  11. Bluescreen

Bluescreen Also known as boatscreen

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Agreed, this person knows no grammar but is a grammar nazi.

Wait, I did not know that, though I guess it still shouldn’t be done

12. tig

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's not bannable to do but it's bannable to tell. You even saw Mods do it with Cosmic Armor in CSST

13. JohnnyNubPotato

JohnnyNubPotato broke af HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Great idea however I think it could be much simpler.

Like the commands of /lore or /rename there could aslo be two other commands added like /skin or /dye, both of which could then be used to change the skin of the weapon/armor/potion/scroll/accessory/food. This is possible for armor because of the same thing wynncraft did with the diamond axe by changing the durability value to add different textures.

14. StormKing3

StormKing3 Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Oh dear, I'm a bufoon. I did play myself.

15. GlacierHero

Minecraft:
    Simple is nice of course, but I don't feel like having players dyeing their armor without sacrificing something. Another thing to note is that there is no way to change armor texture other than using mods such as Optifine and a custom texture pack. You can't create a new armor piece by adding a durability value to it.

Now about the command. I have a strange feeling that it would be treated as a ranked player command, just like rename and relore. Not saying it must become a paid ability, but it's only fair to allow all players to dye their armors.

16. Runaiic

Runaiic Well-Known Adventurer

goddamn, this is the third time i have seen you shitting around on the forums. stop it please

JohnnyNubPotato likes this.
  17. H0Y0Y0Y0Y0Y0B0Y

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It bugs me too. When he talks fancy, it looks like he’s an idiot who uses a thesaurus and grammarly to sound smart. I’m fine with you discussing, but when you act like a grammar nazi, it overshadows what your saying and bugs me and others. I know that sentence is a run on, so correct it if you want to prove my point. Wanted to get that off my chest.

TLDR: Don’t correct other people’s minor grammar mistakes.

Nepeta Dijon and Tsumi like this.
  18. J mun

J mun Snoisty VIP+

Minecraft:
    You do know it's a pun, right? Also, don't be a grammar Nazi; especially on a social media like platform, as it makes you sound like the world's biggest ass hole.

19. H0Y0Y0Y0Y0Y0B0Y

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Remember that time when you cosplayed as a grammar nazi and it didn't go well. Didn't last for a solid week lol.

20. J mun

J mun Snoisty VIP+

Minecraft:
    And it was a joke! I tried to make it very clear I was trying to go with my role.