1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Dislike Button On Forums

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by RazorGuild, Mar 14, 2019.

?

Should dislikes be added? Which way of disliking do you prefer being added?

1. Yes, I prefer the first way.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, I prefer the second way.

42.3%
  3. Yes, but I have another way.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, I do not want dislikes to be added.

57.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RazorGuild

RazorGuild Morph is saved!! HERO

Minecraft:
    Pretty self-explanatory. A dislike button to disagree with folks on the forums. Dislikes are needed because negative/disagreeable emotions are present with the positive/agreeable emotions. We should the ability to disagree or dislike something without having to post “-1” for the same reason we can like without having to say +1.
    You should however should have 100 posts to dislike, as potential abuse could happen.

I have two ways that I cannot decide on for how to implement the dislike button:

1) Make it like a downvote on reddit, affecting the positive likes by decreasing by 1.

2) Make it seperate like on the hypixel forums. Next to the likes is like an X showing how many dislikes or disagrees this post has.

Obviously have the ability to turn dislikes off or on as notifications.

BloodArchmage likes this.
  2. Aarontti

Aarontti e HERO

Minecraft:
    How do I dislike this thread

Bramblesthatcat likes this.
  3. RazorGuild

RazorGuild Morph is saved!! HERO

Minecraft:
    press the like button three times, it dislikes it.

trex1611 and A Human like this.
  4. ETERNAL FIERI

ETERNAL FIERI I HUNGER! HERO

Minecraft:
    We can't have that becaouse we'll have too many people shouting and yelling about their hurt fee fees.

Lego_DW likes this.
  5. WithTheFish

WithTheFish finally got a brilliant diamond helmet Staff Member Moderator HERO

Minecraft:
    I can sort of see where you're getting at here, it makes sense that there would be both likes and dislikes. But in my opinion, I don't know if this will add much to the forums aside from additional toxicity. Maybe I'm being cynical here, but I'm willing to bet that new players that post housing threads and posts about that mysterious thing on the map will be given plenty of dislikes and could leave the forums over this, and those dislikes would just stay on their profile page forever. We've been able to express our dislikes perfectly fine already, and I just feel like dislikes would lead to more anger towards one another.

trex1611, A Human, Tsukina and 2 others like this.
  6. ETERNAL FIERI

Minecraft:
    Called it.

I would say it's a good thing they leave. If you can't handle getting dislikes, a bid of text at the bottom of your comment saying ___ disliked this, then you probably shouldn't post on the forums.

7. Averine

Averine Content Team Elite III VIP+ Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What if the poster was a new user though, he has the benefit of doubt

Tsukina and A Human like this.
  8. ETERNAL FIERI

Minecraft:
    I'm not talking about them getting shit for posting a bad suggestion. I'm talking about them overeacting to dislikes.

trex1611 and RazorGuild like this.
  9. matt_

matt_ The Shoutbox Revolution has begun.

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I’ve been on top dislikes lists on around 20 server forums. I still can’t back and on about 15 of them they ended up being fine with me in the end

10. ActualAnthonino

ActualAnthonino A big ol' dumbie

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I really don't see the point in adding disliking.
    Only really adds a way or shitposts and dislike bombers to make this forum already worst than it is.
    (im not say the forums are bad, but dear god the shitposts here are unfunny and just pointless)

11. ETERNAL FIERI

Minecraft:
    No, you are saying it's bad. By saying it will get worse you're implying that it's already pretty bad.

12. ActualAnthonino

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I guess I only really mean shitposts and housing quality-like threads (suggesting stupid idea or something like that)
    (also people who make unfunny jokes while here I am trying to be funny, I'm not saying I AM funny, but I try)

also in the middle of the night I keep seeing scam websites trying to advertise in the wynncraft section, I report them and move along of course but jeez, the fact A MINECRAFT MMORPG SERVER FORUM is getting scam website links is just... wow...
    (and thankfully, the mods do a very good job at removing them)

13. H0Y0Y0Y0Y0Y0B0Y

H0Y0Y0Y0Y0Y0B0Y A H0Y0Y0Y0Y0B0Y IMPROVED

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Also don't forget those health ad copy and pastes, like... ahem.

Thread: ww.healthchinastuff.com EDIT: Whoops I made a link to an nonexistent site.

Using wheat instead of actual food will boost your endurance. The fibers removed from the wheat in production are a crucial component gone in actual food. By eating raw wheat, you absorb those fibers, becoming a strong being and unstoppable. Eat at least ten raw wheat sticks a day to gain this benefit. See more at HealthChinaStuff.com.

14. ActualAnthonino

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yeah that's what I mean, also thanks for the laugh, needed it after shoveling snow for over 2 bloody hours

also
    I can change that, not now but, in the future...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.