1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Discussion About Ambivalence

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by anonymousness, May 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anonymousness

anonymousness Skilled Adventurer

So, the currently unobtainable "ambivalence" necklace will be released soon (probably). For those of you who don't know, it gives -70 int, +250% spell, +50% water dmg, and +85-130% (depending on the spell) spell cost. To me, it encourages a new type of "heavy spell" playstyle, where you cast super-powerful high-cost spells for huge burst damage.

So why is this in the suggestions forum?

Because I feel like there aren't enough items that push in this direction. Yes, hadal kind of leans in that direction, large lapis encourages that in crafting, and pure kinda does something similar in a weird way (instead of justifying a higher cost in raw damage, it does so in effective dps), but it would be cool if there were more items that encouraged a "heavy spell" playstyle by having high spell damage and high extra spell cost (or negative intelligence). Maybe there should even be a new "+max mana" identification to allow spell costs of higher than 20 to be used for this new playstyle. There should also be more items usable by all classes that change spell costs in general to encourage variety with these kinds of builds.

If these suggestions are added, it would encourage a new type of playstyle which would be really interesting to see in-game (imagine something like a 100k dmg 20 spell cost meteor or arrow storm). It might also encourage some other types of builds like "spell cancelstack" (with something like anima + dragon's eye/draoi fair + ambivalence). I just like the options something like this presents and feel like there should be more items to accommodate that kind of playstyle.

PatheticFlower likes this.
  2. TS_potato

TS_potato Some plat/potato from Helical's videos VIP+

Minecraft:
    lol tfa moment

Bowajility likes this.
  3. Derecho Drifter

Derecho Drifter Surfing winds and chasing windfalls VIP+

Minecraft:
    I feel like the main problem with Ambi is that it just doesn't give enough damage to be worth the cost IMO. barring int stacking moontower builds, it's just too expensive for not enough DPS. And if other heavy spell options are added, you could get to a point where you couldn't even cast spells

btdmaster and Druser like this.
  4. Bowajility

Bowajility Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    TFA m0rE LiKe FAT!!1!1!

TFA doesn't need a huge buff tbh, but I like this idea, but it needs to be very minor, like +3 max. Also a mythic like Olympic but swap jump height for +mana would be cool.

TS_potato likes this.
  5. Yraw

Yraw Water Fountain

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's known that ambi is kinda bad, but I would blame it on not enough heavy spell support at once

6. anonymousness

anonymousness Skilled Adventurer

What if they made the spell dmg buff stack with other spell dmg buffs (so if you have a total of 150% spell, ambi would bring it to 375; if you have 300 bonus spell dmg, it would become 750)? Just throwing that out there.

7. Yraw

Yraw Water Fountain

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'd just add more support for heavy spell items, maybe items that stack big raw spell but spellcosts go up a ton

8. e!

e! ⁣e HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think that Ambivalence shouldn't be TFA. TFA's already got its own niche. For me, "heavy spell" assosiates more with something like an Earth/Water combo, but that wont work because Intelligence is too op at countering spell costs

Intelligence should've been reworked a while ago tbh, because until TFA half the builds relied solely on it. It should instead increase maximum mana, while the spell costs should be left to the identification. That would still make Int builds available for spell spamming, while also allowing more diversity in building

Case in point, these are some of the values at which int changes the spell cost:
    upload_2020-5-15_11-7-49.png
    How many times have you seen a spell, or even a hybrid build, which uses less than 68 intelligence?

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  9. Yraw

Yraw Water Fountain

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think there should be 2 types of heavy spell, one is TFA so no int and uses -spell costs, and another that just uses int to cancel out things

10. e!

e! ⁣e HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    well TFA is already meant for spell spam, so its not really heavy spell.
    what i mean by heavy spell is like high damage output in exchange for high spell costs, which isnt possible to do if Intelligence is involved at the moment

11. Yraw

Yraw Water Fountain

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    TFA isn't spellspam though, it's spellsteal/cancelstack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.