1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Website & Forums [discord] #price_check Channel? [65+ Supporters]

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by dukioooo, Jun 10, 2018.

?

#price_check channel?

1. Yes | <3

91.5%
  2. No | :'(

4.2%
  3. Idk | ???

4.2%
  1. dukioooo

dukioooo Creator of WynnData VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Really simple, make a #price_check channel in discord to clean the #trade_market channel from all the price check spams.

This way who wants to buy or sell can go to #trade_market without being flooded of price check items.

2. [Lux] Atro

[Lux] Atro your local weeb VIP+

Minecraft:
    Even though I'm barely in the discord at all, this just seems such a good idea to add. +1

SaltyKing, Gearsalt_Mark and blankman like this.
  3. WynnChairman

WynnChairman Chairman of Wynn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    good idea but i feel like itll end up like the forums one where people just post and no one actually price cheks lol

4. RazorGuild

RazorGuild Your local scrub VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    We just need a spreadsheet or something for price checking. At least for general items.

Gearsalt_Mark likes this.
  5. dukioooo

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Almost 3000 items to give a price range, and that price range varies every week based on market and updates....

Nty

6. nicktree

nicktree o/

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yes pls 10char

7. dukioooo

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bumperinos

8. TurboStratus

TurboStratus First and former 280ws Assassin HERO

Minecraft:
    Yessss 'tis a wonderful idea

Gearsalt_Mark likes this.
  9. Gearsalt_Mark

Gearsalt_Mark Travelling Merchant VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Easy. Non-editable Google docs prices sheet, alphabetical order, listing the market price of items. 1000 of the 3000+ you said aren't in the market system because no one buys uniques or common, right? Or untradables?

We add to the list 1 by 1, added by trusted members if "Your Item is not listed", and that way we only "price label" items that are wanted within our community.

Leonardonox likes this.
  10. Archit12

Archit12 Am I still playing Minecraft?

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hell yeah! It requires a click, typing in price_check and another click. PLEASE DO IT.

11. Khaps

Khaps Owner of ME and best guardian, No mythic found Staff Member Moderator HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That is still A LOT
    What would you consider trusted members? How would you decide who they are? Why would someone be a trusted member and someone else not? Don't you think that will create flame wars?

That doesn't change about the fact that items have changing values, and also change values depending on their IDs...

12. Gearsalt_Mark

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Simple. Mods. They'd be more motivated to keep things accurate. And they can give a minimum-maximum price [2le - 8le] and then we can decide how much said item is worth depending on it's values. Having mods give us good and accurate market values wouldn't create flame wars.
    On top of that they could just ask a bunch of people who have an accurate sense of market value what they would value it at, and come up with an objective number from that.

If the items change values we could always make a thread considering a price reduction/raise

13. Khaps

Khaps Owner of ME and best guardian, No mythic found Staff Member Moderator HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No. We don't have time for that kind of thing.
    ??
    Sure, if we have time, wich we don't
    We? Who is "we"?
    But we don't have time to :
    Study the market
    Help any player that needs help with prices
    Comes back to what I said above
    ??

14. Archit12

Archit12 Am I still playing Minecraft?

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Man he dissected that post.

15. Gearsalt_Mark

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Jeez talk about triggered.
    And like all things, any project could take time, and I'm sure we wouldn't mind for an actual price check we could look up instead of asking in forums for 2 years.
    Mods are always motivated to keep information accurate to the game.
    "We" the community that trades often and has a sensible sense of price unlike a new player.
    No you aren't required to help us, did you hear me once say "they have to"? read it again.
    If we just ask a lot of people we're bound to get a certain range. Literally just a poll in forums could accomplish this.
    If said written value is inaccurate or under dispute then we make a thread in the trade forums about "raise this price" or "lower this price" and put a poll or something.

Don't get so upset over someone else's suggestion, it's bad form

16. Khaps

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ??
    We are, but you got to understand we already have A LOT of work to do. Via volunteering.
    This comes back to my first message
    I have in fact heard that, even if formulated in another way :
    I'm not sure I understand what you want to do.
    You really need to get into details. look : "If said written value is inaccurate"
    Who would determin that the value is inaccurate?
    "under dispute"
    When is it under dispute? When one player said the prices are wrong? 2? 3? 10?
    "We make a thread in the trade forums"
    If you mean trade market you can't. Its for : Auctions, Selling and Buying only.
    "about "raise this price" or "lower this price" and put a poll or something"
    But shouldn't it be the people that price checked in the first place who change the prices? Don't you think that once the number of vote is sufficient to make it relevant that well... it isn't relevant anymore? Items change prices really often.

If you look back in the days, some people already tried this kind of price check things... only for mythics, and they still got bored of updating it, some informations were wrong, etc etc etc...
    I even had a private price check list of mythics as well as the best criterias in them. That were only available to a few friends of mine, if you look at it now, its so false, no because it wasn't the real prices, but because the prices changed so much.

Making such a thing would require hours upon hours of work. And would have to be updated constantly. It would also have to be remade entirely pretty much every major update, since they always change the price of items.

Now about your "triggered/upset" point. You got to realize, one of my main concern when I posted my first post to answer to you was the time it would take to update it.

Now look at what I had to answer to you :
    1/ Time
    2/ I don't understand what you mean
    3/ Time
    4/ Who is "we"?
    5/ Time
    6/ Time
    7/ I don't understand what you mean

Take out the "I don't understand what you mean" and 4 out of 5 of my answers were about time, wich I already adressed in a post above. And I even had to replicate that once more. I am sorry if you think I was aiming fire at you, I was not. I will or won't answer to your next point depending on wether or not I have to adress the same issues I already adressed 3 times.

Eitherway, I hope you have a good day.

17. Gearsalt_Mark

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Already made the point that if it took so long most people wouldn't mind. And if it's so difficult to update why not ask a bunch of people who aren't mods if they can handle this task? Wynndata is (I believe) a third party group that made a website dedicated to help players, so you can't tell me "no one would be interested". Prices change, but with enough people a seemingly large task wouldn't be that large after all. If your main concern is time, there's your answer, finding volunteers even. If your work load is too much to even do this, then ok, I love the game already I'm not asking you to do anything, I'm only offering solutions.

Also, prices change all the time, but don't you think they would stick more often if the community had an objective "price" for certain things to look at? Black horses costed 2le 3 years ago and they cost 2le today

18. Khaps

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    1/ You really need to answer to my whole post :/
    I made the effort to explain each of my point clearly, on all the posts you sent. Don't just take the last paragraph please.
    2/

19. TurboStratus

TurboStratus First and former 280ws Assassin HERO

Minecraft:
    We could just have the #price check channel exist in the same way that the other channels exist currently. What do u think kappy?

SaltyKing likes this.
  20. SaltyKing

SaltyKing Salty As All Hell HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This thread has gotten a bit out of hand.

I believe a Price check thread would be a rather simple addition the wynn discord.
    There are no draw backs that I have thought of so far. (People not responding is not a draw back it happens anyway)
    It would greatly free up "Help and Trade" for people who actually want to trade.
    Also it allows people to look back through the channel history to check for items.
    Not to mention not to mention a small summary could be pinned into the channel that gives a little bit of information about price ranges, fluctuation etc (Maybe even a thing on scamming)

TurboStratus and dukioooo like this.