1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Crafted Item Generator

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Slynnder, Feb 15, 2019.

?

Do you think this would be helpful?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. IDK

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slynnder

Slynnder I really have no idea what to put here

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It would be nice if we had a crafted item generator on maybe wynndata, where you select the materials, level, and ingredients, and it would determine the stats, without having to go and get all the ingredients yourself and crafting in game to know the stats of it.

2. btdmaster

btdmaster Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think dukioo said he was going to do this but I mean it seems quite complicated so idk

Slynnder and trex1611 like this.
  3. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. QA Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I agree, but Wynndata is in no way affiliated with Wynncraft - anything added is what @dukioooo decides to add.

4. dukioooo

dukioooo Creator of WynnData HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I am doing this, main problem is that the crafting system uses RNG (in my opinion too much) to determinate the final item.

Info:
    - I can easily give you the ranges you can get with the ingredients
    - I can't easily give you the final durability, cause the durability depends on base level, materials and other stats, and it's RNG
    - When you will craft the item in game, they made it in a way that you can get good ids only with materials tier 3, so saying you can get from 10 to 20 on an item with materials tier1 is misleading (in game crafting using lvl 1 materials will most likely (like 95%+ of the times) give you an average value from the ingredients
    - The base health when crafting armour is RNG
    - The base damage when crafting weapons is RNG
    - A lot more things that's hard to determinate

if staff would be willing to give some help with useful information about how the crafting system works, making it would be much much easier ... unfortunatly as of right now it would require a lot of testing and de-engineering of the math behind it, and I don't have much time for that.

ReneCZ, Noximilien, WilsonKry and 4 others like this.
  5. btdmaster

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You can always rely on the community to get this done at any rate

6. Druser

Druser Heavy Melee time HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Are people really going to waste likely dozens or hundreds of T3 materials to get a large enough sample size for a good estimate of the mean and variations for durabilities and health? It's extremely difficult to do. Not to mention we don't even know how the distribution of these works - it could be normal, linear, or something else entirely.

Note we also are unaware of how the interior process of stats works. For example, consider an ingredient that gives +0/4s to +1/4s mana regen (there are a few of these). If you boost this with a 100% effectiveness booster, is it even possible to get +1/4, or will the product yield only +0/4 or +2/4?

The base code itself would likely be pretty straightforward, considering we can all do the math manually pretty quickly (unlike say, damage calculation - applying motoki's rules in practice is quite tedious). Getting the data needed is much more difficult.

7. btdmaster

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think some people would definitely be up for testing this, maybe not many but there are some... Also I was just suggesting a possible solution for the fact that dukioo doesn't have enough time

Druser likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.