1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Cosmetic Trading

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Daisukekage, May 24, 2020.

?

Do you think this shold be implemented?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Daisukekage

Daisukekage Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Hey!
    Today I'm bringing up a small suggestion, but a worthy mentioning one for sure.
    It is - as the title says- cosmetic trading.

The whole point of it is to give the players the opportunity to get their favorite skins without influencing the average amount of people buying things in the store. I think cosmetics would only be exchangable for a different cosmetic with the same tier (godly for godly, epic for epic, common for common etc.). This way, people would still have to buy cosmetics in the store, supporting the wynncraft team and could still hope to get the cosmetic they wanted even after it doesnt drop from any of the crates.

To open the cosmetic trade menu, you would have to type in this command: "/tradecosmetics [playernick]", after that, a menu with all your cosmetics would open, where you'd have to choose which one you want to trade. After you clicking on it, the normal item trading menu would show up with the chosen cosmetic in your trading slot. The rest of the process would be identical to the item trading one.

As to show a typical situation this would be used in, I'll present mine. I really love the design of the dern dagger, but I haven't dropped any after buying 70 crates. I dropped a dern spear, a phoenix dagger and a godly player effect though. If the system I suggested would be implemented, I and many more players would get a chance to get the skin they really were hoping to get.

Baby Poseidon likes this.
  2. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This would open up trading skins for emeralds, which is kinda a big no-no with the EULA. This would also remove the reason to keep buying crates, which would definitely have an impact on Wynncraft's income.

Baby Poseidon likes this.
  3. Daisukekage

Minecraft:
    It wouldn't open up trading skins for emeralds. As I mentioned, skins could only be tradable for another cosmetic of the same tier. Giving away a cosmetic also wouldn't be an option. I agree with your point of this system influencing the Wynncraft's income in the end though. The real question is if it would really be that major. Many players buy ranks to get daily crates rather than crate packs. It is a one-time purchase anyways in the end.

4. Melkor

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It would though. Player A wants a skin Player B has. Player B doesn't want any skin Player A has. Player A gives Player B cash, and Player B gives Player A the skin. While it would take two separate transactions, it would certainly be easy to do.

5. Daisukekage

Minecraft:
    You still miss the point. If player A doesnt give a skin, the player B cannot give his. The transaction would be available only when both sides give same tier cosmetic. Otherwise, It is blocked.

6. Minitinipower

Minitinipower Join me in coffee and philosophy

Minecraft:
    you can give a "junk"/placeholder skin to trade for the one you want, and also give emeralds.
    but ye i like it if it doesn't break EULA

Melkor likes this.
  7. Melkor

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Exactly. If I have a spear skin no one wants and want to trade for a dagger skin, if no one wants my spear skin, I'd have to offer something else for it. In general, the ability to trade cosmetics is just too open to be abused, which I think is a large part of why they haven't added it.

8. WilliamLin5

WilliamLin5 Skilled Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    This would also be a good way for a use of duplicates like black markets.

9. Dragon_Tracker

Dragon_Tracker Travelled Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    This is actually a good way of getting things i want. like if i got the Black Market cosmetic that i didn't want i could trade it with someone who does have the one i want. I would really like this good idea!

10. Daisukekage

Minecraft:
    Alright, I guess there is an actual way to abuse this in the end. Kind of sad but I have no idea how to fix that particular issue. :/