1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Guilds [coming Soon Partly, 95% Approval] Improved Guilds [ Includes... Trailer...? & Detail ]

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Novalescent, Aug 1, 2020.

?

Do you support this idea?

1. Yes!

335 vote(s)
    95.2%
  2. Nope.

17 vote(s)
    4.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chryssie

chryssie ultimate cur hater CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    im all for a guild hall but who would actually use it? i cant say for other guilds but we have about 5-6 online on average, and we would either be leveling up classes or just doing something else. the guild hall would be either empty or just have one person in it all the time.

if guild showdowns do get added i sure as hell wont participate. my pc and wifi wont be able to handle tens of people spamming spells and millions of particles popping up around me.

i think adding waves to guild wars is pointless. its gonna be the same as it is now, just much longer. itll definitely make people bored of warring much much faster.

Kenomajas32 likes this.
  2. boboyuan

boboyuan Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Best suggestion I've read so far to improve the guilds I appreciate it

3. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    tbh i know nothing about guild wars but from what i've seen it sucks. This looks fun and very team oriented rather than the usual ''go in with team and fight bob 100 times or something''

+1

4. Jbip

Jbip yea QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Y'know, this is a really good suggestion. You've outdone yourself once again. We don't ignore guilds but we've never been able to do much about them (and also, I'd personally be terrified of doing anything remotely related to that because of the potential massive backlash).
    Anyway, this is super detailed as always, didn't expect anything less! What I would have expected less of though, is particles... God damn you always go all out with those!

5. Novalescent

Novalescent Retired Wynncraft Systematic Recreation Developer HERO

Minecraft:
    There are quite a few people who would use Guild Halls. Many guilds host small ceremonies or private events in Wynncraft, and having some place to do it privately in Wynncraft would be really helpful. Plus, it'd just be useful to have for those small benefits.

Makes sense, although it does help to usually tone down particles. There's actually a /particles command in game that you can use and it'll do that for you.

I don't think so actually. I feel waves are a good way to add some strategy into wars, as with Waves there isn't a spawn cap, so all 200 of them can spawn pretty fast. And if mobs are buffed appropriately in terms of health, damage, speed, and aggro range, they can really pose a threat.

6. scottmad

scottmad The Council will see you to you later....

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    you good man? the amount of dedication to guilds considering you weren't really involved in them before is insane.

Hei likes this.
  7. HannahTheCat

HannahTheCat Hannah / Scree VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is amazing! I hope to see some of this or all of it implemented in the future. You guys did an amazing job with this. I've been vouching for housing and guild improvements for years so this is super cool to see!!!

8. Hei

Hei The Black Reaper CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I had an idea a while back where instead of unlocking the option to place higher level mobs as your guild levels up, your mobs level up themselves. So let's say you're about to unlock level 60 mobsn instead it would just make it so every mob you place will be level 50 and all mobs will retain their level 50 cost so the generic 1520 defense will now consist of the 300 mercs, rogues and rangers and 100 barbarians, but the level of the mobs will always depend on the level of the guild that placed them. I think this would be a nice addition to a guild revamp so wars can be a little harder on top of all of these other cool changes.

scottmad and Novalescent like this.
  9. XeraAndromeda

XeraAndromeda Empress of Nemract, Queen of Aphelion CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Finally back on pc so I cna share my approval

10. burble

burble dragon fruit go roar VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is great. My expectations were very high, yet they were exceeded. I love the idea of adding more strategy to guild wars and making them harder (really, most guild war defenses are boring to get through because they aren't challenging enough.) This would definitely improve guilds of all kinds--those focused on community would love the weekly objectives and the minigames in guild halls, and the guilds who lean more toward the competitive side would probably be happy to see guild showdowns added. +1

11. Novalescent

Minecraft:
    200 SUPPORTERS IN LESS THAN 36 HOURS THAT'S AMAZING!!!

Keep up the momentum guys! :D

burble likes this.
  12. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    That just sounds like consumables need to be rebalanced then.

Hei likes this.
  13. Tamago_Chan_

Tamago_Chan_ Skilled Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Great suggestion guilds always needed a revamp. I just wanna add some stuff to this forum

As we know the only way for a guild advertising is through shout bombs or msg'ing people which is a great way for wynncraft to make money yes, but it would cause the guilds who are unable to afford shout bombs (ik they are cheap but welcome to the life of having asian parents) to die off more easily as they wouldn't be any presence. So to solve this we could have a signboard for people who would like to join guilds in major cities like cinfras or detlas. (we know wynn can add this cuz it they can make custom mobs)

This will be like a list of random guilds that have been recently active, and when they hover over the guild's name they will have a bio and if they're interested they can apply, by having a format of their IGN and additional note for things like your discord.

This signboard thing wouldn't also be helping guilds but as well the bosses you mentioned above, I think we could have an SOS signal for players who need help so it doesn't necessary have to be a guild member as we know not all guilds are big and can't always get help whenever they need and they can join well through the signboard - for these we could add lvl range, or certain bosses.

Novalescent likes this.
  14. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Coming from the same background as you for guilds, I 100% agree with all of these changes. Guild PvP was something I always wanted to see. Most importantly, your suggestion makes it worthwhile to be in a guild. The main reason why I never really joined a guild after a year of their initial release was simply there wasn't really much to do ingame with them. To my knowledge they were pretty much left to die from bugs until jpresent added some fixes, but the core gameplay of guilds never really changed. I'm thinking rn how my experience with guilds would have been different if they had more features like guild PvP and and guild Halls initially.

Amazing work as always, and I hope you take it easy now. As a veteran, you're one of the best people in the community I've ever seen. You've showed everyone how the impossible was possible and gave the community not just hope, but also a real taste of it. And you do all this, not for likes or approval, but because you genuinely want to see the game improved and give others a fun time with each other. Which is something no one else here can say besides the developers.

Novalescent and burble like this.
  15. AjSimp_

AjSimp_ Apple Juice CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes Please?

16. AmbassadorArt

AmbassadorArt Protesting bad changes since 2019 VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's really amazing to see people from so many guilds both large and small (and some ppl not even in a guild!) coming together in support of this, both here in the thread and on the testing server. The process of making this happen was a cooperative effort to a scale I don't think this server has ever seen from its playerbase. I am so looking forward to some real changes arising from all of these Wynn systematic recreation threads. Not just because so many aspects of them are great, but also because this is a golden opportunity for this server's upper staff team to really reconnect with the community, and I hope they take it.

17. Novalescent

Minecraft:
    It's bumping time

burble likes this.
  18. TurtlePlaysGamez

TurtlePlaysGamez Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bump moment

19. burble

burble dragon fruit go roar VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wow, it's rapidly approaching 250.

20. ThedumbOX

ThedumbOX I swear I’m straight HERO

Minecraft:
    I kinda just clicked yes without reading the thread...

Novalescent likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.