1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World [coming In-game, 91.9% Approval] Clientside / Instanced Housing [ Includes Demonstration & Detail ]

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Novalescent, Feb 29, 2020.

?

Good Housing Idea? Please read thread before voting.

1. Yes!

349 vote(s)
    91.8%
  2. Nope.

31 vote(s)
    8.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Novalescent

Novalescent Retired Wynncraft Systematic Recreation Developer HERO

Minecraft:
    bumperino..........

2. TheSast

TheSast Chief of BGS VIP+

Minecraft:
    Oh my!.. I bumped in this post!

Novalescent likes this.
  3. Novalescent

Minecraft:
    Almost there.....

4. Novalescent

Minecraft:
    Bumperinoa

5. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    It’s just one more!

6. ___yeet

___yeet Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    This seems like a similar idea to the plots in the game Trove. It's similar to Wynncraft in a few ways, but it has plots. They're well done and include different utilities and types of blocks, which the player can use to customize the plot. Overall, I wouldn't like it in Wynncraft, but the though that you put into it is admirable. It's a good suggestion; I'm just not sure that it fits the "theme" of Wynncraft.

MegidoGamerGod likes this.
  7. Novalescent

Minecraft:
    Pog 100 supporters! Finally!!

I'm not sure how this doesn't fit the theme of Wynncraft. It may seem slightly different than most other features, but I wouldn't say it's outlandish to even consider it.

Referring to this section in ACC
    Also, as Jaydon has said

Dr Zed and BqwaOLD like this.
  8. BqwaOLD

BqwaOLD Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I figured since the hunted gamemode is questlocked, this could be as well, as people seemed to like the hunted quest. I had an idea for a quest involving this. Would I be able to reference this as a reward? You would unlock the ability to buy plots once completing this quest, as by level 80 someone should be able to get the LE needed unlike at level 68 where you would be set back by money.

9. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    You should be able to afford at least one plot by level 68 if you do all the quests, plus the quest to unlock this would probably reward an LE anyways.

BqwaOLD likes this.
  10. Jack Jemble

Jack Jemble Renewed Adventurer!

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    How did you make that example piece? Also, I quite like the idea, but would this create lag when a large number of people try to summon houses?

11. Novalescent

Minecraft:
    Referring to ACC (Addressing Common Concerns)

12. Jack Jemble

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Even still after reading that, The wynncraft server can go from 230 players to 800 to 1000 players fairly fast. I am still concerned that even with async, it would still lag the server. Another reason I think it may cause lag is if many players are in one area, trying to access their house, there would be a lot of clients sitting in one place, then moving into basically a new dimension. Would this not cause lag?
    That is what i am getting from the video at least.
    Also, I do not mean to sound aggressive.

13. Novalescent

Minecraft:
    No. Clientside blocks aren't very performance intensive. This isn't a "new dimension" either really, it's just spawning a fake block that only some clients can see.

Concerning Async, there two types: Sync and Async.
    Sync is performing an action on the main function/thread of Minecraft. You use this to perform almost all of your normal day-to-day methods and code, such as teleports, checks, damages, etc. Of course, also all other primary functions of Minecraft and other plugins run on this same thread, which is why accessing files constantly or doing extreme calculations on the main thread causes lag or TPS (Ticks per second, essentially server framerate) drops.
    Async is performing an action on a separate function/thread. This is useful for performing intensive tasks, as it is on a function of its own. However, this cannot be used all the time. I won't go into the details of why as it will take a long while, but essentially both the main function and the separate function can access and write to a piece of data at the same time, even while one is in the process of doing so. This can lead to data corruption, which is why it's important to learn Thread Safety while doing so.

Now that we have context, it's important to know that sending/receiving packets are actually Thread Safe, which means it is possible to send players Fake Blocks async. This allows for much better performance, as I can send players fake blocks in a separate async function which does not interfere with the main function in anyway, thereby reducing lag a lot.

Dr Zed likes this.
  14. Jack Jemble

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I see more clearly now. But I must not lie, I still have concerns. I guess the only way to find out about lag is to see it implemented. Good luck to you.

15. BqwaOLD

Minecraft:
    Really? I didn't think that one could get a chestnut horse at lvl 68. Maybe around 10 LE, but not 16. I'll count up quest rewards.

16. BqwaOLD

Minecraft:
    I added the quests from lvl 1 to lvl 68+ 1 LE from this pretend quest and got 8.6865..... LE, which is about half you need for a plot. In short, you'd have to kill thousands of mobs to reach that amount. the quests after lvl 68 tend to get you a few more emeralds than the ones before. A lot of them give an LE in the lvl 70-80 range.

17. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Plus loot chests, plus grinding mobs, plus people tend to have more than one class. I've seen a lot of level 70's with chestnut horses.

BqwaOLD likes this.
  18. BqwaOLD

Minecraft:
    Yeah but then even if you grind the money, you're gonna most likely pick the horse, as it is actually useful.

Sg_Voltage likes this.
  19. Greedus

Greedus Knight of Wynn VIP+

Minecraft:
    This is a really good idea (+1) and i Think the implementation you've suggested is good. Though I have a few ideas based on the player visitor level system. For example, should there be a Guild option? Guilds do need work as we all know and with this proposed feature maybe Guild 'HQs' or Guildhalls/castles could be added too? I don't know, just an idea i though of whilst reading the post.
    99!

20. iShockMC

iShockMC A Wynncraft Veteran CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    How the hell did you get to do it inside Wynncraft? Did Nagista let ya'll into the Build server? Or did you copy ALL plugins, customs, builds, and just put it in your own server then make it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.