1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Design Clientsided Lootchests & Why clientsided lootchests?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by IceyFoxy, Jul 27, 2021.

?

Do you think that clientsided chests are a good addition to wynncraft?

1. Yes: I think that implementing such a system would be benefitial to wynncraft.

2. No: I like the old system where players can affect the loot i get.

3. Don't care: I do not care enough about how it is right now with lootchests.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IceyFoxy

IceyFoxy OwO CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Hey!

I want to start this thread by saying that I am aware of people who do these runs without running into any problems by using a community discord system where people plan their runs so things go smoothly, thank you to the owners of the discord for making a good lootrun community with friendly people! <3

But for a casual wynncraft player like me and you who just wants to lootrun without having to double check that nobody has already started a run a hour or so beforehand is quite irritating especially when there are normal players too who probably have already looted the chests beforehand.

That is why I am making this thread. I hope that I can bring some light to this issue and spark a conversation about this topic with the community and (i hope) staffmembers! :)

Introduction:

Lootrunning is a big part of the wynncraft community for every kind of level player to get rare gear with really good rolls and specifically for many people: mythics. This thread focuses on just that: lootrunning.

Mythics are one of the main things people grind for to minmax and deck themselfs out while making really cool and creative builds! Many players do either lootrunning, mobfarming or dungeons/raids to get mythics, though mayority of the players lootrun for them.

With lootrunning people often look up whatever for mythic they want and they lootrun in that specific area with loot quality / loot bonus gear that they have either grinded for or paid for which can be very expensive. So if a player wants to get a Pure for example they will have to run level 61/69 areas in the game like Dernic jungle.

So for a normal player they think that it will take around the suggested amount of time for a mythic to drop which is around 4/5k chests, For some it can take a extremely long time before they get a singular mythic and for some it can be very easy to get one within less than 2k chests. Some players even have to grind through 8k+ chests because they were not aware of said discord server (me :sobs:).

Why clientsided lootchests?

One of the things that limits the chance of getting a mythic are already looted chests where the chests are mostly looted beforehand resulting in less loot and more time spent with getting a mythic drop.

Like I explained earlier people use a community discord server to see if lootrunners already looted their world so they do not have to loot there, its a good system but it just shows flaws in the current system of lootchests.

Certain players whenever they lootrun a route they get fed up/annoyed whenever some random player "Snipes" their current lootrun route which results in callouts or even them reporting to said discord server to take action to the player from that discord server even if they did not know anything about it.

Its also frustrating with having to wait a certain amount of time before being able to lootrun a place without knowing if its already looted or not. You usually see players looting in old worlds because those worlds have most likely full chests. I have been crossing multiple players in a row while doing a lootrun and they just snipe my run, I do not really mind it but I have had multiple friends freakout with such a thing.

This behavior becomes more and more obvious with many players whenever the wynncraft servers are busy because more people lootrun which is in my opinion quite toxic and unhealthy.

Just imagine if any kind of professions were not clientsided, that would result in people getting frustrated because others are doing their route and eventually players burnout because of that. That is right now the feeling I have with lootrunning.

Having clientsided lootchests enebles players to not use a discord bot to "claim" their world for a lootrun, nor have other players interrupt their lootrun or loot the chests beforehand. It would be a great quality of life change that makes players more willing to do lootruns without having bad/unfair lootruns!

What happends if clientsided lootchests become a thing?

I do realise that by changing the current system that you want to balance the lootchests around the clientsided concept. Add maybe a system where the higher tier lootchests generate more loot and more rare loot like it is right now while the lower tier chests are spawning with less loot!

Though the current lootchest system makes it so chest generate more loot when it is not looted over time you want the system to be now based on base percentages instead of a regenerative system. Meaning that this will change how loot gets generated in a chest basically.

So here is a example of how it could be like with clientsided lootchests in higher level areas, note that this is just an idea. The current lootbalance is already great but since chests are not filling up by a regenerative system you want to have a baseline of what a lootchest can be like:

-Tier 1 lootchests: A couple of unID'd boxes, small amounts T1/T2 of powders and a few emeralds.

-Tier 2 lootchests: A moderate amount of unID'd boxes, higher powder tier's T1/T2/T3 and a okay amount of emeralds.

-Tier 3 lootchests: A good amount of unID'd boxes, more powders than tier 2 lootchests with sometimes a T4 powder and a good amount of emeralds.

-Tier 4 lootchests: A high amount of unID'd boxes, better powders than tier 3 chests with regular T4 powders and a good amount of emeralds.

These chests also are affected by a player's loot bonus and loot quality gear, that is why there should be a baseline that can be also affected by someone's gear of course the chests should be balanced with that in mind too, these are just examples!

The amount of emeralds right now in the current lootchests pool is okay but i honestly think people would prefer powders and unID'd boxes, though this is just a example of how it could be implemented.

Of course there should be still a cooldown with looting inbetween servers and the respawn rate of these chests but I have faith in what these changes could be if this thread actually brings forth some change.

TL;DR

-Casual players are having a harder time getting loot/mythics if they do not use a discord server/third party system or their run was already looted which is unfair to them.

-The lootrun community can be very toxic when a player's route gets sniped/looted which is unhealthy.

-Making chests clientsided would fix mayority of these issues! (read the whole post for more details!)

Sidenote:

How to fix this issue is quite obvious but there are probably many technical problems too that limits these kind of things. I would love to know if there are any problems involved with the idea of clientsided lootchests.

I am but a casual player that barely makes any forum posts but I do have a passion for Wynncraft but I also have a job and a college life so I understand if I get a few details wrong here and there. English is not my main language so I am sorry about my grammar in this thread thank you for your understanding <3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you random forum scroller for looking at my thread and I hope that I will see you in the comments if you have any feedback or if you just want to just say hi! You are awesome! <3 <3

-IceyFox

CookedPelvis, Ingo, Silverjh and 6 others like this.
  2. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I can relate to this, sometimes I like to lootrun in the Silent Expanse and once there was some guy who was slightly annoyed at me for lootrunning. He kindly advised that I join the lootrunners' discord, but i explained that I didn't care too much about lootrunning and also that I don't use discord.

The only problem is that some people would just use alt accounts to increase their odds, but this is already possible by using different servers so there isn't really a big problem here

3. IceyFoxy

IceyFoxy OwO CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Yeah people also make alt accounts in the 6 eyes room in silent expanse for the tier 3 chests to afk farm in there, it is kindoff sad that its coming to that.

4. Hams

Hams Content Team Manager CT Manager Support Team Community Manager Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    As far as i can remember in the last 8 or so years, we have been talking (internally) about the possibility of making loot chests client sided, personally i think it would help a lot and remove a very obvious issue (multiple people going on the same routes) completely. I think we will be able to do it at some point, i don't doubt that. I don't have a when or how tho, obviously. But it's an idea that has been in our minds for a long time.

Balancing would be an issue, but not something impossible.

We could do a lot of things too, seen by the forgery chest for example, we could also still have "community" chests, there are lots of ideas out there, but client sided chests is something i personally think would benefit the community overall.

The system right now is pretty much unchanged from what it was when it got introduced, with some exceptions, so it could really use some improvements to meet higher standards ^^

5. Ninja_VK

Ninja_VK RainbowsRcool VIP+

Minecraft:
    I agree that this would be good, as it’s so annoying when I check the lr discord claim a lobby and start going, it turns out to be already looted and I gotta wait another half an hour…
    (This has happened over half of the times I have tried to lootrun)

Silverjh and IceyFoxy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.