1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Classes: The Soldier (925+ Supporters) - Updated To 1.1.4 Stats!

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Selvut283, Sep 8, 2015.

?

Do you like this class? Please leave feedback after voting, especially if you don't like something!

1. Yes, I love this class! It's really awesome!

584 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. Yeah, I like the class. I think it's pretty cool.

366 vote(s)
    30.6%
  3. I like it, but I think a few things need to be altered.

101 vote(s)
    8.5%
  4. I don't like it, but I think a few changes could help.

20 vote(s)
    1.7%
  5. No, I'm not too big a fan of this class.

58 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. No, I really don't like this class at all.

66 vote(s)
    5.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. King_Wasabi

King_Wasabi Meme Lord

This is 50% warrior. Spell 3 is a renamed charge, and spell 4 is a renamed War Scream.

But skill 1 and skill 2 are really nice. If you were to change skill 3 and 4 to be something new I would vote yes.

And yellow text is hard to read, please fix.

Bebinson likes this.
  2. BlahBlah161616

BlahBlah161616 Light Theme User

Guild:
    Sounds magical.

3. SPYROHAWK

SPYROHAWK Head Grand Theorist HERO

Minecraft:
    Since then new info has come to light, and what I said there no longer holds valid. I am sorry for any inconvenience...

4. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Even before the new info came to light, even before a major map update, even, the caravan was brining you to Ragni, obviously from somewhere else!

5. SPYROHAWK

SPYROHAWK Head Grand Theorist HERO

Minecraft:
    Yeah I did not really pick up on that till like last month or so

6. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Charge: Sends the Warrior leaping forward about 16 blocks and up about 1.5, damaging(100%) and knocking back enemies by about 1-2 blocks in a 2.5 block radius around him for the duration of the Charge. Trajectory can be controlled by looking in different directions.

Strike: Hit enemies within a one block radius of a line of ‘unraveling’ and piercing particles 8 blocks, at 2 blocks per 0.1 seconds for 150% damage and no knockback. 0.5 seconds after casting, the player lunges 8 blocks in the direction of the enemy affected last(straight forward on a miss), dealing 200% damage and inflicting 8 blocks of knockback to any enemy contacted. Damage is reduced by 80% during the slam, and knockback is nullified. 0.15 seconds after contacting the ground, cause a 3 block radius explosion around you, dealing 50% damage and inflicting Blindness for 1 second and clearing status buffs the enemy has.

Strike's 'Charge' sends you forward maybe half the distance of the Warrior's Charge, and gives absolutely no upward momentum. If you there's a block in the way, you stop. Plus, Strike's trajectory cannot be changed, and it can hit enemies before and after the lunge. Attempting to create an offensive spell that also forces movement will inevitably draw parallels to Charge, simply because Charge is about as baseline as it gets.

War Scream: Knock back all enemies within a 14 block radius by 1-8 blocks, dealing 0% damage and giving all allies within the radius 20% damage resistance and 10% strength for 4 minutes. Fires a projectile towards where you were facing that travels 20 blocks forward, goes through walls, and deals 20% damage per hit repeatedly.

Succor: Create a slowly expanding shockwave originating from where you cast. Expands by 1 block in all directions every 0.4 seconds for 4 seconds(10 block range, in a hollow ring-shape). Deals 40% damage per hit, inflicts Weakness II for 20 seconds, and knocks back enemies caught in the shockwave by 2 blocks, while giving allies who touch the wave Strength III for 150 seconds(2.5 minutes). Releases a burst of steam 3 blocks tall at the end of the shockwave’s reach, knocking enemies 6 blocks into the air and dealing 100% damage. Only releases steam from blocks on the same Y coordinate as the initial cast. Current shockwave fades if Succor is cast again.

War Scream is an extremely direct AOE that is meant for support, 'taunting' enemies to target the Warrior and ease pressure off of allies, giving them buffs to further support. The air shout projectile, however, is meant for long-ranged combat, or a more centralized taunt due to low damage. Succor is an offensive, indirect AOE meant for offensive purposes and combo lead-ins. The low knockback and quick expansion of the shockwave, in conjunction with the hollow 'ring' of effect rather than just being a blanket damage effect, makes it somewhat ineffective to directly attack foes, but due to the knockback and rapid movement from the Soldier's other abilities, it can be extremely dangerous when combined with other effects. In addition, since allies have to touch the ring to get the boost to strength(note that there's no resistance boost) it's a much less effective supporting tool.

7. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Will edit in elemental percentages soon.

Hiryu likes this.
  8. Nikolai Mael

Nikolai Mael A mess of clockwork, a loss of time CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Why is this not a thing yet? +1 support

9. ShadowMage1

ShadowMage1 Seraph of Twilight CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    You should update the axe for the new standard level weapons such as the Impeccable Spruce Wood Axe, etc.

10. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bumped for class.

Hiryu likes this.
  11. IggyBoii

IggyBoii I Have No Idea What Im Doing VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i like the idea, but the spells are similar to warrior and assassin for example spell 1 is basically spin attack spell 3 and 4 is like the same thing about lunging forward..

Bebinson likes this.
  12. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Spin attack freezes the enemy and hits once. Slash hits thrice and provides short, lasting debuffs.

Strike does have a lunging aspect to it, but when Charge is literally as baseline as a spell can get, there's going to be inevitable parallels.

What does Succor have to do with any sort of lunge? It's an expanding, hollow AOE.

13. IggyBoii

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    nvm about Succor, and btw yes i do support a new class, but i dont think this would be a good idea to wynn, we need a new class that resembles the fire element thunder = assassin water = mage air = archer and earth = warrior, what does fire = ? idk, but since ur a GM you have the power to help get a new class, but i was hoping for a new kind of fighting style, there is ranged, spells, meelee, fast attack, maybe from air? or using minions to attack for him?

14. Glitchedslayer

Glitchedslayer Godly Horse Breeder and Memer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I know people have said its really similar to warrior and assasain. I would say the same but other than mass similarities, the name itself sounds like a VIP warrior. The thing about wynncraft classes, is that they all are pretty much completely different. Which is why its so rare to see a class that would actually work.

Gogeta likes this.
  15. Heylo

Heylo Semi Retired Vet of Wynn CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    that was my reaction too

16. Gwylkill

Gwylkill Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Finnely, a really good class suggestion, most of the class suggestions are just good. But this one is amazing.

17. joshua123_4

joshua123_4 Lord of Chaos, Master of Destruction

Great idea. Good detail, good lord, and good originality.
    But how do you come up with skill damages. I have made a class suggestion but don't know how damage works exactly.

18. Kahsol

Kahsol Local Serial Liker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    RIP fruma lore

19. Loggerhead

Loggerhead Some Loggerhead

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    this is the best class idea i've seen, staff should add this.

20. IggyBoii

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    lol, you prob use warrior, and want to use a better verison of this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.