1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Classes: The Soldier (925+ Supporters) - Updated To 1.1.4 Stats!

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Selvut283, Sep 8, 2015.

?

Do you like this class? Please leave feedback after voting, especially if you don't like something!

1. Yes, I love this class! It's really awesome!

584 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. Yeah, I like the class. I think it's pretty cool.

366 vote(s)
    30.6%
  3. I like it, but I think a few things need to be altered.

101 vote(s)
    8.5%
  4. I don't like it, but I think a few changes could help.

20 vote(s)
    1.7%
  5. No, I'm not too big a fan of this class.

58 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. No, I really don't like this class at all.

66 vote(s)
    5.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. field

field VIP+

Minecraft:
    Bump! Add this Wynncraft! ;-;

pls

2. SPYROHAWK

SPYROHAWK Head Grand Theorist HERO

Minecraft:
    Hmm this part is interesting. From what can be told from the Christmas Chaos quest and the Official Storyline, there are ONLY 3 provinces. Gavel, Wynn, and Dern. Due to the fact that this is a player, they would have to hail from Wynn, the homeland of the humans. Gavel contains Villagers and Dern, well you can just read my theory on that (Endermen). So it does not really make sense to say the class comes from a far off land.

Learning their spells from another Provence is a different story. According to the unofficial wiki, the Assassins learnt there trade from Nivela Forest, the Warriors right from Ragni. The Archers from Pig valley (now called time valley) but the mages are where my point is made. According to the unofficial wiki, the mages were trained on mage island, and learned teleportation from the people of Dern. So you could say the spells come form another land, but not the class itself.

[Sorry for being over analytical, just trying to make sure everything fits]

Very good work Sir

I like the amount of detail

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    CoolVictor2002 likes this.
  3. field

field VIP+

Minecraft:
    Bumby bump

4. Wraith132

Wraith132 Wraith132

Well with 1.9 coming out soon shouldn't you use a sword because it would match the class and blocking with the sword is going to be removed removing unfair defense boosts by having a sword

5. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    But the axe also works just as well for the class, so I don't see a reason to change. Also, Wynn has never updated on-time. If I had to make an educated guess, we'll update to 1.9 in...uhm...I'd say about 2027 as a generous estimate.

6. MrWolf

MrWolf Travelled Adventurer

:O i like theese quest ideas

7. Felix_Flame

Felix_Flame The Phoenix King VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This suggestion is a class... not a quest...

8. field

field VIP+

Minecraft:
    Don't let this suggestion die! ;-;

9. MrWolf

MrWolf Travelled Adventurer

Ops srry i typed wrong lol

10. Lucari Owned

Lucari Owned Travelled Adventurer

We need another class! Wynncraft has had these classes for so long and need a change. The smartest idea would be to use a class type that doesn't exist. You may be asking... what class does Wynncraft not have? Wynncraft does have a high damage melee (assassin), high damage range (archer), tank (warrior), and support (mage). What Wynncraft does not have is a summoner class! There might be other things I'm just not smart enough to remember but summoner is a big one! I posted an idea of a summoner class that is a start. This isn't advertisement for my post it's just asking you to work off of it. Hopefully the community will end up making an amazing summoner class that can be put into the game!

11. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well, I tried suggesting a somewhat non-linear Necromancer class before the forums reset, but it never really got much attention.

12. Wraith132

Wraith132 Wraith132

Very important question!! What is going to happen with the new update because spam clicking will not be an option Because of the recharge time for weapons.

13. CheesePrince13

CheesePrince13 Eternally Inactive HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Are you sure you didn't mean that 1.9 would be released in 2027 as a generous estimate? 1.9 is just turning into the Mojang version of Gavel, after all ;3
    In all seriousness though, both teams are working hard, so no offense is meant. 1.9 keeps getting new features and Gavel already looks absolutely exceptional and can only get better from here, so I do not mind the wait for either. Although should they come out at the same time, 1.9 will be forsaken until I play as far through Gavel as humanly possible.

Bump :3

14. Coolfood

Coolfood The Coolest Food

Minecraft:
    Love the idea, however it seems like a direct upgrade of warrior. Have you ever had to pvp against someone with killaura or jitterclick? You know how you can't hit them because they hit you first. Soldier is like that except you hit them way before a normal melee range get's a chance. Soldier's extra melee range would render all melee mobs laughable as you can just knock them away and never get hit due to your longer range.

Suggestion: Maybe give slow-swinging (so melee mobs get a chance to hit you)
    or
    Have soldier do severely decreases knockback (so large swarms of melee mobs can get a chance to hit)

15. Mettymagic

Mettymagic she/her HERO

Minecraft:
    The name Soldier doesn't really fit with the fantasy theme of Wynn, maybe call it Knight or Swordsman. Nice idea, seems fun.

16. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Knight: That's the VIP reskin of Warrior.
    Swordsman: It uses an axe and 1.9 isn't coming out for a LONG time, at least on Wynn's servers.

17. (Meric)

(Meric) No longer edgy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I underestand how the axe is for berserker and stuff. But soldiers dont really sues axes.

18. Killoli

Killoli looking for a girlfriend HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    @Selvut283 I like it :3 But only thing you need to change (unless higher staff change it), is the name, because in my perspective or mindset soldier sounds like modern or a regular infantry unit with not specialty whatsoever (pls don't kill me). Maybe something like Barbarian? Viking? Savage? Something like dat :3 It's just a minor suggestion. (Note: I usually judge a class suggestion by it's name, because. No need to take my suggestion in mind, of course you do what you want.)

Hiryu likes this.
  19. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Three provinces, but does that mean the entire world consists of just these three provinces? That would be a dreadfully tiny world! Who's to say that there aren't other lands out there with their own stories and people? Wynn just focuses on the ones we see; and it's specifically said that they had to heavily adapt their fighting strategies to the Wynnic environs, i.e.: They're used to fighting in a much different fashion, presumably against different enemies...and even outside of all those justifications, the little lores are essentially just irrelevant flavor text+a quick summarization of the class, given that the caravan is bringing you to Ragni from somewhere else. So...

20. Hiryu

Hiryu not so lazy artist VIP

Minecraft:
    I agree, the soldier sounds a bit too used in some/most rps, it should be called Rogue or something like that
    also, change the 2nd spell, Leap, it should be bashing through your enemies like a Warrior's charge, except that it has lower damage, but can hit them multiple times.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.