Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Classes: The Soldier (925+ Supporters) - Updated To 1.1.4 Stats!

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Selvut283, Sep 8, 2015.

?

Do you like this class? Please leave feedback after voting, especially if you don't like something!

1. Yes, I love this class! It's really awesome!

584 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. Yeah, I like the class. I think it's pretty cool.

366 vote(s)
    30.6%
  3. I like it, but I think a few things need to be altered.

101 vote(s)
    8.5%
  4. I don't like it, but I think a few changes could help.

20 vote(s)
    1.7%
  5. No, I'm not too big a fan of this class.

58 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. No, I really don't like this class at all.

66 vote(s)
    5.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XavierEXE

XavierEXE ♪ Wynncraft's Composer and Ability Tree Lead ♫ ♪ Music Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I JUST WANT A PALADIN ;-;

2. DCM627

DCM627 Recluse of a Blue Slime HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bump cause it's awesome.

3. HeckinGay

HeckinGay Classy and Sassy CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'd really like it if this class was more centered around the energy example you used as one of your attacks :) Overall though, I would love a new class and I dont see many more examples out there. Maybe I could run a class like this through my mind and try to think of some cool attacks and a weapon of choice. I am really inspired by your post, Selvut! I truly think however that if one of the admins were to look at suggestions, it would probably be one of the existing staff mainly because you guys have more knowledge of how gameplay like that works... BUT HEY THATS ASSUMING THINGS.... Im sure anyone could come up with something like this, but you clearly put the proof in the pudding, it must have taken a lot of effort to have thought out all the details.

4. ElegantDeath

ElegantDeath Who needs a title anyways HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Donald Bump

5. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is... absolutely wondrous, it needs to happen.

6. MasterJPixel

MasterJPixel Sharpshooter

Minecraft:
    I second this. One melee class is enough. -1

FlamingPinecone likes this.
  7. Happy New Year

Happy New Year Please bring the shoutbox back VIP+

Minecraft:
    any class can be melee

XavierEXE likes this.
  8. XavierEXE

XavierEXE ♪ Wynncraft's Composer and Ability Tree Lead ♫ ♪ Music Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    What are they supposed to add then?

9. MasterJPixel

MasterJPixel Sharpshooter

Minecraft:
    Um, nothing. I personally don't think we need more classes at the moment.

10. XavierEXE

Minecraft:
    Maybe you don't, but I'm dying with only 4 classes. I play 23 different characters and only 4 classes just isn't cutting it anymore.

Thom_Com likes this.
  11. TempleOfLegends

TempleOfLegends Emma CHAMPION

Minecraft:

12. TheBlobMiner

TheBlobMiner numb VIP+

Minecraft:
    I think spells could be nerfed, otherwise its too op! But I really like your idea though, +1 Support.

13. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think there should be a new base stat thing, cause this is a new class. I mean a stat that shows up like Range, Defense, Attack, and Spell when you choose. Like element variety - how many elements can you cast with spells on a neutral weapon.

14. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Which abilities do you think need a nerf, and how so? All classes have abilities that can deal more damage than these with less effort.

Comparing Slash to...well, any first spell except Heal, Bash can inflict 260% damage and gives Slowness II/jump prevention for a time, Spin deals 200% damage instantly and totally incapacitates enemies, and Arrow Storm can deal up to 1200% damage provided every arrow hits.

Strafe can't deal as much damage as any of the movement spells, as they all(excepting Vanish) inflict 100% damage while Strafe deals 50% at the start in exchange for the incapacitation of enemies for a short time. Sure, you've got great mobility, and the boosted attack damage during Strafe sounds nice, but given how quick you'll be moving it's going to be very hard to actually hit an enemy with it, and it only applies to your basic attack.

Looking at Strike's maximum 400%, compare with Meteor, which has a reliable 500% damage after Lv 56, while Strike will often knock the enemy out of reach or overshoot the last 50%. Uppercut has a reliable 375% damage, and also knocks enemies up into the air to give you a rest while Strike forces you into a position where you have to either kill an enemy immediately with it or be prepared to act as soon as it concludes. Multihits has a reliable 350% damage and can throw enemies around wherever you please, giving it insane combo potential while also being good as a standalone, so I'd say it's on par with Strike at the moment. Bomb Arrow is more AOE focused than Strike, which will generally hit enemies that are closer to you thanks to the shoulder bash, but mind that the 250% damage is from a much higher damage output than Soldier's, and it can hit multiple times thanks to the bouncing arrow, and it can also inflict the leg breaking effect like Bash.

Finally, Succor, which is probably the one you're talking about. Yes, it can deal UP TO 500% damage. But then, so can Smoke Bomb and War Scream. And again, just like Strike, it's unwieldy because the range is a hollow ring, that only pops up for a moment, meaning enemies can easily pass right through if they resist knockback(which many do) or have a good amount of speed(which many do), which means actually hitting 500% damage is extremely unlikely.

With those comparisons, does any spell seem overpowered anymore, and if so, which ones?

CheesePrince13 and funnysillyman like this.
  15. ItzJustAPrankBro

ItzJustAPrankBro Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
  16. VaekonTheNerd

VaekonTheNerd I can't get this thing off my head VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    but does it blend? +1

17. Wrydfell

Wrydfell The Jester Necklace Salesman VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Do the spells you have thought of follow the pattern that the other ones do. 1st: protection, 2nd: evasion, 3rd: offence, 4th: defence?

18. TheBlobMiner

TheBlobMiner numb VIP+

Minecraft:
    Oh I'm sorry for not specifying my suggestion, I was talking about the "Spells" as in the stats, not the ability.
    like that, because the fact that spells are 4/5 and that makes the class OP.

19. XavierEXE

Minecraft:
    It's literally just a visual thing, that "spells stat" doesn't actually affect anything.

20. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The thing is, all classes have 13 "attribute points" that you can see when creating it, and so does Soldier. Yes, it's got a high damage and spell stat, but at the same time it's a close-range class with low defenses, so it would balance out.

XavierEXE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.