1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Classes: The Soldier (925+ Supporters) - Updated To 1.1.4 Stats!

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Selvut283, Sep 8, 2015.

?

Do you like this class? Please leave feedback after voting, especially if you don't like something!

1. Yes, I love this class! It's really awesome!

584 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. Yeah, I like the class. I think it's pretty cool.

366 vote(s)
    30.6%
  3. I like it, but I think a few things need to be altered.

101 vote(s)
    8.5%
  4. I don't like it, but I think a few changes could help.

20 vote(s)
    1.7%
  5. No, I'm not too big a fan of this class.

58 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. No, I really don't like this class at all.

66 vote(s)
    5.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubbles

Bubbles Yep, that one HERO

Minecraft:
    awww yisss... here is me hoping they will add 2 or more class slots if they add this class ;)
    still think it should be added

Booble approves
    [​IMG]

Thom_Com and CheesePrince13 like this.
  2. CheesePrince13

CheesePrince13 Eternally Inactive HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Would love if this was eventually added someday. This class just seems so fun and, at the same time, seemingly possesses a really high skill cap to ensure that there's always room to improve. Can't say that I feel the same about most of the current classes, so this would be a nice change.

-sly bump- :3

XavierEXE likes this.
  3. DCM627

DCM627 Recluse of a Blue Slime HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I've always wondered, and it's a good question to ask here... how does strength work with the Gavel update?... with the new elemental damage system and all... otherwise, I love the class suggestion and I have a strange feeling it might be added in the Gameplay Update. Best of luck, Selvut!

4. CheesePrince13

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Since they're adding literally over 300 new items, I want to think so. I don't see why we would need 300 more items just like the ones we have already, so I'm hoping the absurd number is because of new weapons/new class. Really, really hoping. And this class suggestion seems to be the most popular one so I want to think that it will be.

Probably won't be added but we can hope.

XavierEXE and DCM627 like this.
  5. CrazyCookie

CrazyCookie The Craziest Mage

Minecraft:
    Bump!

I really want this to be added

DCM627 and CheesePrince13 like this.
  6. DCM627

DCM627 Recluse of a Blue Slime HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Don't we all? I guess this is a bump too though.

7. Cybersoap707

Cybersoap707 That one guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If An Archer's defense is 80% and they only have 1 bar point in defense, then why does this class have 80% in defense but 3 bar points?

8. Shanaaro

Shanaaro . HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I thought Archer's was around 60%.

CheesePrince13 likes this.
  9. Slight | Tom

Slight | Tom Travelled Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Eh love the class nothing against the class its great and well thought out, but wynncraft needs a new class idea or a combination (You'll see what I mean later on into the forum post) what I mean by this is, the class here is obviously pretty much melee like the warrior (Calling it warrior because that's what I'm used to, sorry if it makes you mad I don't see how it could but yeah anyway) we need something like maybe a NECROMANCER (I'm sure someone has already suggested this class but i'm using it as an example) or something, a class that brings in some sort of branch off of the mage, like a skill could be Raise The Dead you could need a mage class lvl 100 to use this class so it makes some sense.

but we have two melee type classes already and two ranged but maybe we could bring in something for the players who have gotten four characters to 100 something that brings a taste of both melee and ranged maybe not a class where you carry both a sort of ranged and melee weapon maybe a spell you unlock (At a high level of course) say something like if it was a Mage/warrior combination we could have something like staff swing (Not the best name I know but once again using this as an example) we could call the combination something like, -THE BATTLE MAGE- (In caps so you know its a name) we could revamp the skills and give the mage more offensive skills rather than the current set of mage skills maybe take out the healing or (nerf it for this class)

For a archer/assassin combination, this combined both of the stealthy classes since lets be honest you don't get into the thick of battle with the mage class as much unless you're playing alone anyway, this combination could expand on both skill sets, we could have the assassin with the archer's escape spell, or give the archer the assassin's vanish spell (Remember when I say assassin and archer I mean the combination i'm trying to say we need a new class branch not to revamp the skills) We could call the combination (We could call it -Ranger- but in my experience ranger would be a more appropriate name for a Warrior/Archer build) I would think a better name would be something like -Shadow- a sort of new skill idea could be a cross between the vanish spell and the escape spell (Since the class would require you to get four lvl 100 classes we could have the skills a bit more "Op") We could have it so the skill would knock you up in the air (Escape spell aspect of it) and would cause all aggressive Enemy's (Such as zombies) To de aggro (Cause them to walk away as such aggro is what the mob does when he spots a player, if that mob is an aggressive mob type once again such as a zombie) the skill could also allow you to become invincible for a short few seconds, but while you are you can't attack (I don't know if that's even possible to do in minecraft to be completely honest) we could call the skill Hightail (Hightail meaning as getting out, "John we better hightail it out of here" is a sentence example of the word) (Or if you want to be fancy and to be honest I think this sounds like a cool name disparaitre, which is french for vanish)

Just let me know if any of this confused you I can explain it but as I said these are just examples not full class idea's i personally doubt I could make a full class on my own since i'm terrible with naming things of what wynncraft classes should be expanding on (In my personal opinion) rather than just making a beefed up warrior class. (I'm putting this in as I was just putting down idea's and I tend to not explain my idea's well making them hard to understand or I make them extremely confusing, it's a real hit and miss for me my idea's are either explained and well thought out or there horrible idea's that just confuse people)

And I don't know if any of these class names/Idea's or Spell Names/Ideas have been said in a forum post by someone else, i'm not trying to steal your idea's just trying to get mine out there and what i used were common names that I knew might be in use that's why I put this under the post

Yeah well thanks for reading it though I doubt you did

Ghalt likes this.
  10. Dohdo

Dohdo I'm back. Cancer in it's purest form.

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I kinda like it, but it doesnt fit in the game -1

11. Slight | Tom

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Like i said it wasn't a class build Idea it's just something that should be looked at

12. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    How do you mean?

13. Dohdo

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The way the classes are, there is one class with max bars for whatever.
    Mage is max with spells, archer is with range. Its kinda like they have something they profession. But soldier doesnt get that, and if it does, the other class that is maxed with whatever loses its significance of being the best class in "whatever profession".

14. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well by that logic, we can't add any more classes.

15. Dohdo

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Exactly my point

16. icebreaker

icebreaker Retired YouTuber & Full Stack Web Developer Media HERO

Minecraft:
    I think I can make/code this class using command blocks but it will take a lot of time

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  17. Slight | Tom

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Eh to be honest like sagiitarius said we can't really add more classes (I've changed my opinion on the matter because i never really thought of it that way

18. CheesePrince13

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Selvut basically addressed this in the class description though. Yes, no stat is maxed. That means, essentially, that it's a well-rounded class that isn't "the best" at anything. Instead, this class is designed to excel in various things, but not be unbeatable in that category. Obviously it couldn't tank more than a Warrior, its spells won't do as much damage as a Mage, it doesn't have as much burst as an Assassin, and it can't outrange an Archer.
    It's designed this way. The description blatantly stated that it's a class that takes a lot of skill to play effectively, but is absolutely dominating once you understand what all you can do. Sure, it can't beat any class in a specific category, but it would fit people who don't want to dedicate themself to a specific role.
    I, for example, love Archers, but I can't stand to play them on account of how squishy they are in terms of defense. Similarly, I love Warriors, but I can't stand how little DPS I have due to being a tank. This class is designed, from the beginning, to fall somewhere in the middle. Not the best tank, not the best source of DPS, but a solid mix in between. I think it's an absolutely wonderful suggestion just for that design alone.
    It's fine if you personally disagree with the class, but it's a bit much to claim it shouldn't be added just because it's not like the classes we have already. If the devs never tried to do anything new or creative, nothing would ever change. On that note, I think this line of thought is a wonderful way to try new things.

Edit: Added a spoiler to take up less room on page

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    Cybersoap707, XavierEXE and Selvut283 like this.
  19. Fruit987

Fruit987 Medieval Talker VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Here, have a bump

CheesePrince13 likes this.
  20. Dohdo

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yo I have any idea! What if this class was made as a hybrid, and unlock-able only if you have each class at least level lets say... 45? Idk, but that would make it more of a class to work towards, also, I think that this could replace assassin as an unlockable class, and assassin should just be open to anyone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.