1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Class Idea

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Candras, Jan 5, 2021.

?

Balanced class Idea? (not gonna say put into game) Which movement spell?

1. Balanced (possibly with tweaks)

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Break the game, unfun, too limited to a playstyle/build

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. No way, go home Nerd

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. [Movement spell option: Slime Steps]

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. [Movement spell option: Magnetic Movement]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Candras

Candras Travelled Adventurer

Read first, assumptions aside, critique after.

Engineer - Artificer (VIP)

Weapon, fire charges
    - aoe damage but lower base damage compared to other classes
    - aoe damage is an explosion not a pierce like shaman & mage
    - explodes on first mob hit and on surfaces and on "sentries" (explained later)

Alternatively (as i've been told there are too many ranged and I can see that too):
    Spanner (Just a texture if possible)
    - Single target only no hitting multiple mobs,
    - Possibly a very short (0.1s?) stun
    - Just a generic wep - less complicated ig.

L-R-L - Arrow Sentry 8*
    1. Spawn an Arrow Sentry (Dispenser on a fence) that shoots 64 arrows at a speed depending on weapon attack speed. (Weapon Tier - 1)
    2. Doubles arrow capacity
    3. Increases attack speed (Weapon Tier)
    Dmg 25% air, 25% lightning

L-L-L Slime Steps 7*
    1. Get bounced upwards (as much as a piston-slimeblock would), press space mid-air to get bounced in the direction of cursor (again, piston slimeblock).
    2. Tap shift after using the second bounce to slam into the ground and bounce half the original height with no fall damage. Hold shift to not bounce.
    3. Ground Slam deals damage in an area around landing spot.

Alternatively, 2. Tap shift after using the second bounce to slam into the ground and bounce again. Pressing space will once more shoot you forwards at the same spell cost. Holding shift will remove bounce.

Other spell option

L-L-L Magnetic Movement 5*
    1. Pull yourself to your nearest sentry deactivating it for the duration.
    2. Holding shift will pull nearest sentry towards you. Letting go mid spell will stop the pull and re-anchor the sentry.
    3. Colliding with your sentry while under the effects will shoot you past it in the same direction upwards and away in an arc.

Alternatively, it will shoot you back the direction you came in an arc.

L-R-R Bomb Sentry 8*
    1. Arrow sentry but fire charges. aoe dmg. 64 shots at wep speed -3
    2. 128 Shots at wep speed - 2
    3. Stun's mobs for 0.2 secs (at most 2.5 attacks per sec [Fast attack speed] so 1 attack/0.4 secs)

I had another spell idea for spell 3 but I decided to save that for a different class idea.

L-L-R Lure 10*
    1. Spawn a sentry (villager?) that lures nearby mob's towards it. Takes hits to kill and has 3 hp (3 hit's to kill)
    2. Can have at most 2 sentries while Lure is alive (Lure included so +1 sentry)
    3. Lure has 7hp and slows nearby mobs upon death.

Complexity: **** Very Difficult - requires some knowledge of the games and spell mechanics

Damage - *** (but aoe, don't forget)
    Defence - ***
    Range - **
    Spell - *****

Not perfectly sure about these but had to make it 13

Lore:

"Few know these people and less know their abilities - or perhaps how their abilities work. Eyewitness accounts differ, but all mention their unquestioned ability to blow things up and be lazy. Often at the same time. More reliable accounts mention them building inanimate objects that are able to attack.

Either way, it is highly... inadvisable to let one near a tavern, but Nether forbid you ask them about their craft. They will talk gibberish for hours."
    - A Ragni Scholar's Report

Description: A fire an forget class they are all about building sentries and letting them do the work. However, they aren't strangers to doing the dirty work themselves and will wield explosives [heavy spanners/hammers?] to finish the job.

My personal aim with this class.
    When designing (lmao I wish it was that sophisticated) this class, I wanted to create a class that was inspired by all of the other highly flawed mechs and robots class ideas that we all know and hate. This was the solution. I tried to make it using minecraft mechanics although I do not know how to code or how wynncraft is made and whether this would be possible. Furthermore, I tried to make it balanced and with more endgame/build possibilities. That being said, I am unsure about which movement spell to use so I gave two poll choices as I can't make two polls.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  2. oinuk

oinuk c lown

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hey, on a phone right now so can’t put all of my thoughts. I’ll respond later with more in-depth responses.

A couple quick things: you swapped third and fourth spell combos, and main attack seems ranged, which I’m not a fan of- four ranged classes vs. two melee classes.

3. TrapinchO

TrapinchO Editing the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You can't use information from ingame places. When you start the game you have never been there.

Otherwisr seems like a good idea on the first look

4. Candras

I haven't actually played in a while tbh, kinda rq'd after i was an idiot and didn't /class so that's why the spell's were swapped. As for the main attack, I could change that to something else, In fact i can probs edit it as I have an idea for it. It's just that there aren't very many things to choose from as Assassin and Warrior use so many item designs.
    If you are talking about what you would see on the wiki, then that would be he description. I added the Lore as decoration. That being said, I'm not too sure about the description - it could probably be a bit more succinct.

5. TrapinchO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I am talking about the lore.
    You mention Almuj and Corkus. As Fruman recruit you have not been there, or even know about it.

6. Bwitty03

Bwitty03 Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I think electromagic is just a kind of magic commonly practiced in Corkus and not much anywhere else, and not tied to genetics.

7. Candras

I will change the lore slightly to mention that the technology has spread or something along those lines to imply how it got to fruma. As for Bwitty, I never said it was genetic, I am not too sure about how much the Ragnians(?) know about electromagic, but I was making the general from which the quotation was taken believe that it was some sort of bloodline magic or some such. To the general in the world of Wynncraft, he knows little and to him, the only conceivable way for two separate countries to have the same powers is to make it bloodline related.

That being said, I might change the entirety of the lore to make it fit better with both of your points.

TrapinchO, I changed the lore slightly. Take a look to see if it works. I am less sure about this one than the last one however, especially as it uses more lore from the game and I may have gotten some things wrong.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    Bwitty03 likes this.
  8. ocel0tgirl

ocel0tgirl It's ocel0t to meet you Staff Member Moderator HERO

Minecraft:
    Well, I'm not trapinch, but I am his "intern" so... :P
    I don't really count it as bordering...
    Seeing as that Fruma doesn't really interact with anyone except for sending out recruits, I don't see how they could be in a conflict.
    According to the wiki, "When they left Fruma, they did not know a bit of magic, but instead, they mastered an entirely new type of magic: Eletromagic, the magic of machines." This means that the frumans (most likely) do not know electromagic, and certainly not the new recruits, because only the high ranked people in fruma are taught magic.
    And about the "benefactors"... well I guess it could work, but it certainly didn't come from the Avos, and they were the only known other species on the island, so who would it be?

Sorry if I got anything wrong, I'm just going off the wiki here.

dr_carlos and TrapinchO like this.
  9. Candras

When I read the wiki (a while ago), it mentioned there being a resistance group or something along those lines who fled across the mountains and became the corkians. I'm not sure when they got electromagic - before or after arriving. As for the conflict, It was based on the "Remembering the Past(?)" quest where you get your memories back and in a prison they brainwash you to think that there is "No war within Fruma's walls" or something like that. I tried to make it link in with that. Either way, the lore is for fun and I can always make it more general and not refer to really anything in Wynncraft.

10. ocel0tgirl

Minecraft:
    Quoting the wiki: "When they left Fruma, they did not know a bit of magic, but instead, they mastered an entirely new type of magic: Eletromagic, the magic of machines."
    Recover the past doesn't really link in with the Corkians being in a conflict with the Frumans, because the only ones who are brainwashed are the people going to Ragni.
    And yes, the lore is fun, but if it doesn't fit with the current lore, it just doesn't make sense. It should refer to wynncraft, because it's in wynncraft, but I suggest you do a little research on the wiki and revise your lore.

It's a very nice class idea, keep working on it!

Also, does the weapon just look like a fire charge, or is it literally a fire charge? Would all the weapons look the same? What is the VIP reskin?

dr_carlos and TrapinchO like this.
  11. Candras

I must have misread something then/misremembered. Either way, I meant that the Lore is always subject to change. As for the weapon, it would work literally like a fire charge, but likely not look the same considering fire charges are already used as ingreds and other such items. Recover the past doesn't link the Corkians to the Frumans, but there definitely seems to be a war going on - perhaps a civil war? I don't know how much about Fruma is known. Tbh, i wanted to use that quest for something after repeatedly doing it for no real reason.

On further thought, Artificer would probably be the name of the VIP class whereas Engineer could be the Normal name.

EDIT: Lore changed, nothing mentioned at all this time although the tone may be to colloquial for a report.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    ocel0tgirl likes this.
  12. ocel0tgirl

Minecraft:
    Going from what we've seen so far, not a civil war, but civil unrest definitely. The citizens don't like the government, and the government are arresting them and shipping them away to keep control.
    what level are you? you can also check the wiki.

Also, wait, are they from corkus? how are they able to build objects that can attack again, if they're not from corkus (they have to be from fruma)

13. Candras

I checked the wiki for a different corkus inspired class Idea. I mainly fluctuated around level 40 (I kept making new classes) but recently I got up to ~70 with a ~66 warrior not end game but I like to think I'm not completely clueless. Whether I am or not is a different story.

If I don't make the lore specifically mention something else then I suppose it has to be from Corkus huh. Ugh this is an annoying situation...

TrapinchO and ocel0tgirl like this.
  14. ocel0tgirl

Minecraft:
    I don't believe the wiki has class ideas.
    I don't think you are clueless :)
    Not endgame is fine, I'm not endgame either, and (imo) I'm not clueless either (@TrapinchO is this correct)

Candras likes this.
  15. Candras

It wasn't a class Idea from the wiki, I was making a class Idea that was based around corkus and did a bit of research on it and Fruma for the Lore for that one.

ocel0tgirl likes this.
  16. ocel0tgirl

Minecraft:
    ah, ok. I thought you meant you looked around for other class ideas on the wiki. Silly me.

17. TrapinchO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    At level 66 you unlock you last spell upgrade, meaning you (should) have some experience in using them. When, what and why.
    You also (should) have some bossfight done, as well as basic build making.

In lore perspective you should known almost all things in Wynn, or at least have a good idea. In Ocean and Gavel you still have a lot to get. (SE and Corkud is not yet available)

As for ocel0tGirl, she definitely knows a good amount of lore, or at least knows where to find it. (I got an interesting assigment idea btw)

18. ocel0tgirl

Minecraft:
    oh no
    wait, were you the one who gave me that ring?
    of course you were, you capitalized the g there too
    whoops havent done this

19. TrapinchO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.