1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Design Changes To Professions In General

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Crokee, Dec 30, 2019.

Tags:
?

Agree?

1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    81.5%
  2. Maybe (explain in reply)

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. No

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. Crokee

Crokee Regularly stabs The Eye HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I posted about this in this thread here, but I want to make it more clear here.

"Us/we" refers to prof tryhards. This was written in context as a group and in the thread linked above.

Most of us, if not all of us, have reached to a point where we rely on bombs in order to make gains in professions. I do agree it is almost like pay to win, so I suggest these changes to bombs:
    • Remove speed bombs halving all material costs. This is the major flaw that causes these bombs to become pay to win.
      • Instead, lower the material cost by at least 25-50%, say from 12 wood + 6 string for a lv 90/100/103 bow to 8 wood + 4 string.
      • Since removing speed bombs halving all material costs will make speed bombs nearly worthless, increase its value by:
        • Extending the duration from 10 minutes to 20 minutes, and/or
        • Lowering the cost of purchasing speed bombs to the same price or lower than profession xp bombs.
    • Make both speed and xp bombs affect more than 1 world. Since most of the time, only 1 world has these bombs, the server often fills up quickly, denying access to many other players who want these bombs. I suggest making these bombs affect at least 2 worlds.
      • When the bomb is thrown, a GUI screen pops up, displaying all other online worlds. The bomb thrower than chooses another world(s) to throw the same bomb in.
    We are the ones usually buying these bombs, and we would love it of these changes were implemented. I believe that many of us, including me, bought these bombs simply to have fun in huge prof parties, even if some of the people in the parties don't use these bombs. The community aspect is huge here, and I would like to believe that this may have played a role in an increase in prof parties over the last few weeks (we are in profession hell part 31, with a streak of at least 1 continuous hour of prof parties everyday for the past 18 days).

• (More like add new feature) Add actual quests that require players to have a certain level (or even better, none), that give a certain amount of xp to a bunch of professions. For example, completing the Dogun quest part 3 gives you say 50000 xp in woodworking and weaponsmithing professions since you are crafting a weapon in that quest.
      • Add entirely new quests, or add them to existing quests like the example above.
      • Do not make the required skill to start the quest be over lv 80.
    • The miniquests are great. No changes here except add 4 miniquests for lv 100. Most of us find it weird how it stops at lv 90 when there's still dern materials to go for. That said, don't make these miniquests for lv 100 give a crazy amount of xp like the level 90s do.
    • Daily objectives that require gathering/crafting should give some amount of xp. Nothing crazy, maybe like 25% of a level for levels under 50, and decrease it over time to just 5-10% of a level at lv 100. Only give xp to just one profession, preferably the profession that you worked on the most that finishes the objective.
    • Increase xp earned for gathering lv 80s and 90 materials by 1-5%. Yes it is a small number, but achieving level 100 should be an actual achievement one grinded for.
    • My opinion: DECREASE xp earned for gathering lv 100s and dern materials by 5-10%. Many of us were surprised how the 1.19 update essentially doubled the xp earned per gathering when you include hunted mode.
      • Anything past lv 100 should be purely optional, and those that want to achieve lv 132 on anything should work hard to get it. Able to gather dern materials? Well, you earned it, and if you play your cards right, you can earn a lot of money gathering these materials, maybe even more so than lootrunning at times.

2. _Tiger

_Tiger Completionist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    All i want would be for professions to affect all classes (Except for H, H, I, C). It would probably encourage a lot more players to start doing professions too :)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    Basteyal likes this.
  3. oinuk

oinuk volcano spell :relaxed:

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    this

4. Crokee

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That actually could work, though it's a bit odd.

Basteyal likes this.
  5. Saya

Saya yeah don't mislead newbies thanks VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I agree, keeping HICH while making the grind much more rewarding

6. Crokee

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bump10char

7. Linnyflower

Linnyflower Unmodified Avatar HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bumping this thread

Crokee likes this.
  8. Crokee

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bump10char

9. Lexwomy

Lexwomy Lexwomy VIP+

Minecraft:
    update that shit

10. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage For Legal Reasons, My Last Custom Title Was a Joke HERO

Minecraft:
    I think I'm firmly in the maybe camp with this one since I agree with some of these ideas and disagree with others. First, I love all the stuff with changing the bombs except making it apply to multiple worlds. I get why you would want that, but it doesn't really fix the underlying pay to win issue. I guess it would reduce lag for the world, but I just don't think that it's all that good of an idea. Changing the required mats is also a good idea, but I think the best way to do it would to make each receipe last for three tiers instead of two (2 and 1 for thirty levels instead of 2).

For the second section, I think there are better ways to improve the XP gain over throwing boosts into quests. I made a suggestion a while ago where dungeons should sell prof XP scrolls to increase either XP or XP gain when used and I think suggested adding daily profession and kill quests (maybe 6-8 random quests) to the guild hall in Cinfras somewhere (or maybe I didn't, idk) both of which I think are more organic solutions to the problem.

I agree with the four miniquests for 100+, I actually don't know why it isn't like that already and I especially agree with the 1-5% increase for higher level materials. I don't think a 1% boost would be enough, but maybe a 5% for 70-90 and a 3% for 90+ would go a long way.

I wrote a little about my thoughts on daily XP so I don't think the daily objectives need an XP reward.

I don't know much about dernic experience gain, so I won't disagree with that, but I can imagine a change like that would make a lot of people unhappy. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it is something to keep in mind.

Anyways, I think this is a great idea overall, but I think some of the details need some ironing out, especially the quest XP. Nice post!

11. RandomJukebox

RandomJukebox gamer with extra cheese VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    YES

12. Elephat

Elephat 12 mythics found; #10 was Discov HERO

Minecraft:
    good