1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Change Mythic Armor

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Dr Zed, Jul 27, 2017.

?

Should mythic armor be changed to legendary?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    55.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    The reason for that is that I quit wynncraft awhile ago, but them I decided to pick up the game when the gameplay and Corkus update came out. When I rejoined, I deleted all my classes because I wanted to experience the revamped quests. If I recall, I had a lvl 83 warrior and lvl 80 archer after Gavel came out, and then a lvl 94 lvl archer a few months after the Gameplau update came.

GaryIsAdopted and Lexwomy like this.
  2. Lexwomy

Lexwomy Lexwomy HERO

Minecraft:
    Yea, only cuz the suggestions you made were crappy with no details. Of course if you added more details on how to make it less boring, people would've been like 'kewl' and 'i like'
    Dr Zed is more experienced and has definitely a lot more knowledge, which he can base in his suggestions. Although he may not have thought of mythics dropping to legendary tiers destroying the economy, he simply has more experience and background knowledge than you.

Plus, you deserved the mocking. Your suggestion is only 3 sentences. >_>

GaryIsAdopted likes this.
  3. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    Idk what the best thing is to do then. Everyone wants the armor to be buffed, but everyone is tired of mythics being over priced and unbalanced.

orange0404 likes this.
  4. Locky1110

Locky1110 Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    we didn't criticize you like that. We were criticizing your suggestion
    no we didn't say your level to mock your suggestion

5. SmileyAlec

SmileyAlec Olympic Gaming CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Level 58.
    I now understand

Stag2004 likes this.
  6. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    Wait, that's a bug? I thought it was supposed to be that way... Adding loot bonus dependant chests would in my view ruin the trade-off between loot bonus and survivability, and even further widen the gap between mythic owners and non mythic owners. Everyone with a discoverer will be finding approximately 2.5 times as many mythics. This really doesn't seem all that fair.

GaryIsAdopted and General Skien like this.
  7. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    Yeah, it is a bug. I think LB is kinda bad anyways because it gets to the point where it's more efficient to not use it. The best way to find mythics is via loot chests. Just ask Putrid, he has 20+ mythics the last time I checked and that's what he said.

8. Major_Lue

Major_Lue Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    No, no, no. I don't think you understand how stupidly rare mythics are. Changing an item from a mythic to a legendary will drop it's worth from 2 stacks (good warchiefs go for this much) all the way down to 20le at the most. That's not even remotely fair and shouldn't even be considered as a solution.

How is it impossible to balance mythics? They'd be fine if all were on the same level (save for their niches and gimmicks like fatal's range or cata's negative making them more powerful) but they're not. Cata is extremely overpowered while inferno is unusable. That's not because mythics are hard to balance, that's because they aren't being balanced. There's a difference.

Yes, loot bonus does not affect chests which will be fixed but it does affect mobs. Mobs are arguably faster for farming items, while chests are superior for farming powders. 150% loot bonus at the cost of 2k (not 4k) health is pretty damn good. You'd just have to wear less loot bonus items, and at that point you have significant amounts of health while corssing 200% loot bonus.
    Yeah, it's a bug. Salted himself says they're supposed to affect it but pretty much all of the community says it doesn't. Also, not necessarily. Mythics are highly based around luck. 7 in a million is quite low of a chance. Discoverer will definitely make it essier, but finding mythics will never be a casual thing. Their rarity doesn't allow that.

9. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    (oh yeah I forgot it was 2k, my bad)
    I'm just torn on what's the best course of action. I guess the best thing to do then would be to buff them or let Selvut balance them, though a lot of people still complain that some mythics are too op, and they would despise having more op mythics in the market if the armorers were buffed. In order for mythics to be worth the 7/1,000,000 chance to get them, you'd have to make them op or else if they were comparable to legendaries nobody would use them.

I don't know what's the best way to buff mythic armor, and so many other threads exist on the topic that this thread won't be necessary if I can't decide how to buff them.

10. Major_Lue

Major_Lue Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    There cannot be a rarity change with any items involving mythics. Reduce a mythic to a legendary and you've cheated a portion of the playerbase out of a mythic they would have wanted but instead got a legendary. Raise an item to mythic and everyone who owned the previous version of the item now has an item that they shouldn't have found so easily, making the new mythic worth possibly nothing. You're right, mythics have to be balanced around their rarity else no one would use/buy them but if you reduced the armour to legendary the people who bought/found them.now have a considerably weaker item for seemingly no reason.

The best solution to this is to simply balance the mythics that need some improvements and nerf ones that are too good for their requirements/downsides.

sdkgjnio likes this.
  11. Stag2004

Stag2004 I lost my faith in humanity long time ago

Guild:
    Make boreal deppresing boots and you have my support

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    SmileyAlec likes this.
  12. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    I think I should close this thread. After thinking over it, the pros don't outweigh the cons, and I don't know what's the best way to balance them. There are already so many threads about buffing mythic armor that it's not necessary to make another.

Mods, please close this or I'll just delete this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.