1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Builder Class

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by AntSwift1, Dec 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AntSwift1

AntSwift1 Newbie Adventurer

A type of class that has a portable shooter that can shoot different entities dependent on the turret(arrows fire charges etc) and whos spell makes things like turrets or tnt cannons

2. Tezzeret

Tezzeret You dare bring light to my lair? You must DIE! VIP

Minecraft:
    Detail/10

MegaCoquin and ThomAnn100 like this.
  3. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    You'll need a lot more detail than that. What are the spells and their functionality? What role does this class play? How much do each of the spells cost? What elements do it's spells use? What kind of weapons are there for it? What would it's Mythic items be?

Read more here: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/how-to-suggest.174609/

MegaCoquin, Stag2001, Stycore and 6 others like this.
  4. Skyreach

Skyreach Uncompressed fury of a raging japanese shoutbox VIP+

Minecraft:
    sure, your suggestion will be added asap

MegaCoquin likes this.
  5. MarioYoshiBoo

MarioYoshiBoo euouae VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    one sentence.
    no detail.
    no spell ideas.
    no stats.

this is here for a reason.

also, it would be super hard to implement this, because you would have to LITERALLY place down blocks and remove them. CMDs know how much of a pain that is.

MegaCoquin likes this.
  6. RandomAdventurer

RandomAdventurer Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    This doesn't really make much sense in terms of flavour/lore, as Wynncraft is set in an medieval-esque world. Sure there is Corkus who have great control over electromagic, but our character comes from Fruma, a place that as far as we know don't even know about this kind of magic.

Also, as many others already have said, try to give more us detail. Try harder, and if you do a good job, people will recognize it.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    MegaCoquin likes this.
  7. Vaward

Vaward First 100% Discoveries as of 12/19/17 22:42 HERO

Minecraft:
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/giving-feedback.166965/

Khaps likes this.
  8. Skyreach

Minecraft:
  9. Locky1110

Locky1110 Moderator & QA Staff Member Moderator QA HERO

Minecraft:
  10. Khaps

Khaps Ex-moderator and leader of the Mythic Emporium HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Even though this time more people were here to explain what is wrong in this, it is funny that people complain about not enough detail being put in a suggestion, thus linking
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/how-to-suggest.174609/
    Meanwhile, just below that sticked message there is
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/giving-feedback.166965/
    While this does in fact need more feedback, it would also most likely require to be re-done, putting turrets or tnt cannon and then removing them would input a nice amount of lag and could also be abused : for example, get on the turret, and jump to somewhere else.
    So I do think it requires :
    - More details
    - a re-do

But to all those that answered with toxicity, more than anything, general suggestion needs less toxicity, how do you want to get good suggestions if everytime someone tries the first thing they get is hate?
    This will most likely not be added, but if rather than being toxic you could explain, maybe people would improve in their suggestions for real and not be afraid to post there just because they'll get toxic people in their back...

11. Skyreach

Minecraft:

12. ReneCZ

ReneCZ Rene VIP+ Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    no

13. Locky1110

Locky1110 Moderator & QA Staff Member Moderator QA HERO

Minecraft:
    ya got me
    alright so using the single sentence you given us, here's how you can change it lol
    this class is pretty much archer, but with lingering effects
    First, you should explain it's classes' base stats, weapon, spells, and spell upgrades, rather than throwing some words and think the CT will add it.
    surprisingly, they won't, because this section isn't for brainstorming ideas, but instead telling the CT what to do. Think of them like aliens who don't understand anything, try getting them to know what you're suggesting.
    Some ways you could do this are
    - Give more detail
    - Add examples
    - Make your suggestion stand out from every other suggestion
    You don't have much detail to begin with, so you should start there.
    Maybe explain what the class can do and it's spells
    Give examples like what it's weapons should look like before it's identified and after it's identified. They don't care if you use mspaint as long as you give them a rough idea of what it should be like you're fine. A video would be more than enough, but pictures are fine.
    Seing as this is pretty much archer but with turrets, i believe you can make it better. It's name could definitely be changed to fit the class better, maybe something like Tinkerer. Builder is too vague to explain a single class.
    Pretty much all classes spells go by this
    - Ez spell to use in a pickle
    - Transport spell
    - Damage spell
    - Crowd Control spell
    you should go by this formula when suggesting classes and it's spells. All spells have 3 upgrades that make them stronger, so you should also do that
    Mana usage is needed too
    Each class also has 13 base stat points (Defense, Damage, Range, and Spell Damage) so you should improve on this

So for you're suggestion, adding more detail really matters, and if you really impress the ct, the chances of it being in game are higher.

@Khaps ill be a good boy next time in feedback departments

Khaps likes this.
  14. Vaward

Minecraft:
    Even after @Khaps just emphasized that you should be more respectful in giving feedback, you completely ignore it? Like, look at @Locky here, he decided to make his wrong a right

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    MegaCoquin, Khaps and Cruuk like this.
  15. ReneCZ

ReneCZ Rene VIP+ Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Simple suggestion, Simple answer... I learnt that the hard way, when I suggested a similar styled question and people reacted the same As I did, But you're right I should explain why I don't like this Idea.
    I don't like it because a builder with turrets doesn't seam suitable for the wynn and Fruma there. For corcus mabye, but you are from Fruma, which is (From what I know) basically Wynn, looking on the technical side. Fruma and Wynn are not so technically good.
    Another reason is that I can't imagine a suitable weapon for that class. In modern day it would be a nail shooting gun, but I don't really thing they have anything like that in wynncraft.

16. Vaward

Minecraft:
    Thank you for putting more thought into your response, hopefully it should come across more respectful to the suggester. :)

Khaps likes this.
  17. OGK

OGK The Grader HERO

Minecraft:
    So.... I'm just going... to take a whack at it...
    NOT MINDING DETAIL:
    This doesn't make a whole lot of sense with the lore of Wynn as it is. Our characters come from the province of Fruma, a place where it seems that magic doesn't exist (or barely does) and that children were trained before they could speak. With this in mind, the sudden appearance with the class of Builder, would make little to no sense as based from many quests, our character seems to be a charge in head-first kind of person. The few things also regarding the lore, this class seems to be built (hah pun) around the case of well... building things to attack. This can cause an enormous amount of lag as well as many other problems that can involve bugging out blocks and such.

MINDING DETAIL:

There is little to none detail on this. There is no information providing on its Defense, Attack, Spells, and Range. There is only on so much detail that can be built on little information. More detail is needed in order to see this class more fleshed out.

Suggestion Idea: 2% F
    General Suggestion: 1% F

Overview:

There is no detail, no thought or anything that seemed to be of work into this thread suggestion. More time and work into suggesting the idea will be more needed for people to understand anything at all. So for a re-do is more needed if you do want this to be considered or debated on being an idea. I do encourage that you try harder with the next time you suggest something.

Have a Good Day!
    -OGK​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.