1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World buff cataclysm

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by yy8erig, Nov 27, 2021.

?

buff cata or not

1. buff cata

16.7%
  2. dont buff cata, buff other assassin daggers

12.1%
  3. buff divzer to be better than cataclysm

7.6%
  4. no buffs

63.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yy8erig

yy8erig yy8erig

Guild:
    seriously, assassin spells are already bad. Like you could get around 20k spins with a ok cata build but its not even that hard to make a archer build that deals more than 20k bombs without divzer
    please buff cataclysm. cata melee is pointless and cata spell although it outclasses literally everything i feel like it should be much better for spells

2. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    no

3. Androphonia

Androphonia SON ARE YOU THROWING THE RAID AGAIN VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    >funny assassin spinlock
    >very hard to get 20k bombs without deeznutzer build or funny etw

what are you getting at here

4. Bixlo

Bixlo Got drip like pablo HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    did i read this right? "buff cata" has everyone gone senile while ive been gone?

5. IamFye

IamFye Skilled Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    why are people over reacting to cata nerf this much it can still get like 25k ish spins with vanish :pray:

which is still better than any other dagger in the game

6. yy8erig

yy8erig yy8erig

Guild:
    150% dmg on spins at lvl 3
    mage: 500% dmg at lvl 3 meteor
    archer: 10%*60 which is more than 150%, bomb is 250%
    warior uppercut = 300%
    aura = 200%, which is still better than spins

7. IamFye

Minecraft:
    Ok first of all compared to meteor aura spins animation is way faster.Someone can do 3 spins while aura and meteor is being casted. For warrior spins can easily exceed uppercut damage because mfw vanish. As for archer the multiplier I'm pretty sure is for all 3 bombs hitting which you aren't going to do 100% of the time.

Next up I want to ask do you even know how to use spell assassin correctly?If you are just looking at how much damage spins can do you obviously dont. To get maximum DPS put of spell assassin firat you need a combo. Smoke bomb+ vanish +multi+ spin+ spin for example. Plus spins multi and bombs can be activated at the same time and let's not forget about the vanish boost. Then go test it on a combat dummy and then judge the actual dps assassin can do.

Ingo likes this.
  8. Bixlo

Bixlo Got drip like pablo HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    150% dmg on a spell that does AOE in a SINGLE INSTANT. ITS AN INSTANT ATTACK
    meteor takes 5 seconds to cast, that means if u miss your fucked. 500% is 100% deserved for the precision needed to use that spell
    arrows... they are arrows... a weapon that has a TRAVEL TIME do u see where this is an issue yet?
    only answer "warrior"
    aura, takes TIME to cast AROUND the totem. TIME BASED

If you still dont get it. Spin is an instant damage attack, one that can be spell cycled extremly efficently. you can do 50k+ dps within secconds if u spell cycle correctly. Meteor can only be cast 1 time, and takes a large amound of time to land and dps. archer has arrrows that can 1, be blocked, 2 have a travel time and are NOT instant.
    warrior is warrior
    aura (on a very underpowered class that needs a buff) again takes a quantity of time to cast and damage. you can highkey run away from an aura, or just teleport, vannish, escape, charge your way out of.

Assassin is very good at solo boss dps. It does not need a buff, especially cata which imo is singlehandedly ruining any other dps mythics.

9. yy8erig

yy8erig yy8erig

Guild:
    short summary:assassin with good cps is good
    Also, it is extremely easy to hit most of your arrow storm if you get up close to the boss. But the travel speed although short is still speed

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
  10. P0ke

P0ke Wynntils Dev CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Screenshot_20211128-111020.png

they've also never played assassin fyi

ineedhelp, Sku, MatForYoga888 and 2 others like this.
  11. Ninja_VK

Ninja_VK RainbowsRcool VIP+

Minecraft:
    As an archer main, sure u can just stand right next to the boss but if you have ever tried it, you would know how dangerous that is
    It’s base df means that u will die very very quickly when you do that, unless ur build is extremely tanky in which case the dps is less
    And the travel speed is fast sure (if ur standing semi close) but if you have ever tried assassin before, you would see how good that Instant spell hitting is, the dps is really high if u click fast
    Plus with archer u gotta wait for the arrow storm to be done which means your dps with it is kinda capped

And the 20k spins being way better than 20k bomb has been addressed enough I think, so there’s no point arguing that more (instant dmg no accuracy needed + having vanish is op). The numbers may be higher in wynnbuilder but that doesn’t mean the dps is higher :p
    (and survivability with assassin having vanish while archer is already glassier by default, especially with your standard etw divzer

Also what did u mean about assassin spells being bad? Imo it has some of the best in the game, with vanish being so op for combat,
    Spin dps being very high, and smoke bomb + multihit also being very viable in combat
    Have u ever tried it cause it can shred bosses extremely fast if used righ

MatForYoga888 and Ingo like this.
  12. yy8erig

yy8erig yy8erig

Guild:
    No, I have not tried it as I am banned from wynncraft due to exploiting game breaking glitches

13. IamFye

Minecraft:
    Mfw So you made all of these arguments without even playing assassin ONCE nice. I'm guessing you just made these arguments from outdated threads or just looking at spins damage raw. Trust me assassin DPS is crazy if you can spell cycle correctly. also you only need like 6cps minimum and above 200ms which can get 50k DPS with a 7k spins build and more than doubled for na players. Also melee builds for assassins have more than 50k ehp and have above 30k DPS with no courage or vanish.Now i would kindly appreciate if you go play assassin first before you make more arguments

ineedhelp, Sku, MatForYoga888 and 2 others like this.
  14. IamFye

Minecraft:
    "more melee dps" poor guy doesn't know how bad archer melee is :pray: also yeah divzer can probably do more dps than cata now because the unneeded buff in 1.20.4 but as i mentioned above archer's full dps is focused on a single target where assassins full dps can be done in an area

MatForYoga888, Ingo and Ninja_VK like this.
  15. Ninja_VK

Ninja_VK RainbowsRcool VIP+

Minecraft:
    No offense but if u haven’t even tried assassin once then you aren’t really qualified to argue how viable it is
    anyone whose gotten at least a little bit leveled up knows how amazing it is at dps and how op vanish can make it
    Especially if ur using a mythic like cata, not playing assassin let alone that mythic on it means u can’t really say it’s overpowered or useless

this would be the same thing as me arguing that warrior is stupidly overpowered with my lvl 20 or so and like 1h playtime on it, I’m just not qualified to talk about it and have an opinion as I haven’t tried it out

MatForYoga888, Ingo and IamFye like this.
  16. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Is this a troll post? This feels like a troll post.

17. BlueTheSniper

BlueTheSniper Founder of Blue Builds CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    :popcorn: 10char

18. Chrysitis

Chrysitis chrysitis VIP

Minecraft:
    hey i think your threads really cool and all

but i have a really important question

do you like poutine

19. Seasonality

Seasonality 空よりも高く / Discord: vXynk#4987

Guild:
    As someone who has near 1.6k hours on Assassin, I can truly confirm that you are so wrong on so many levels

upload_2021-12-2_1-23-37.png

MatForYoga888, Ingo and Ninja_VK like this.
  20. 1+1=3

1+1=3 LegoBoyWelly HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Have you heard of base damage?

without curse or things like that? I wouldn't say it's easy lol

Have you heard of ehp too? You normally get higher ehp on cata than on divz because of divz's -agi and -def

Skidooskei, MatForYoga888 and Ingo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.