1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Bring Back Wizard Fortress [petition Thing][295 People Support]

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by BlahBlah161616, Feb 29, 2016.

?

Readd WF

1. Yes(please post below so I can add name to list)

338 vote(s)
    88.5%
  2. No(why?)

44 vote(s)
    11.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlahBlah161616

BlahBlah161616 Light Theme User

Guild:
    Thx

2. Untitled Doc

Untitled Doc 1 man robotics team

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Then +1 support :D

3. BlahBlah161616

Guild:
    I'll send you a convo to get the content team info through to you so you aren't confused

4. redx475

redx475 SysAdmin HERO

Minecraft:
    I never said there is a max of 50 servers, that's just how many I've seen at one time. There's technically a hard limit of 100 WC servers but that's just a number we set in a config file. We can keep making servers until we're out of resources.

We also don't really have to do anything to get WF servers running. There's nothing special about how the servers run, we just setup some configs and let the software handle the rest.

Chino likes this.
  5. EchoingWinds

EchoingWinds they/them VIP+

Minecraft:
    Never got to play it, want to now. +1 support

6. BlahBlah161616

Guild:
    Basically, there's no reason why it doesn't exist other than a popularity lack? In which case, with more people on Wynncraft, they might notice WF servers and make them more popular.

I'd recommend dialing down the amount of WF servers to be a lot less than the amount of WC servers when/if you recreate them.

7. BlahBlah161616

Guild:
    Just out of pure question, what happens when the lobbies overfill, are more lobbies made? I've been kicked multiple times for "full lobbies"

8. FlameDemonz

FlameDemonz [insert bullsh*t here] VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    WE WANT IT IT IT IT IT IT IT IT IT IT IT IT IT IT IT IT IT IT IT IT IT IT IT IT IT IT IT BLAHBLAH Go to the staff right now and take Salted as hostage if they don't accept just do it we all believe in you

9. CraterHater

CraterHater A very magical mage! HERO

Minecraft:
    I hope they bring back at least 1 server, maybe tie it with Wynncraft itself so its not a stand-alone game.

10. BlahBlah161616

Guild:
  11. Frad

Frad Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    +1 support

12. Snakers28

Snakers28 mlg pro kobold mage

Wut was wizard fortress? i came on the server long after it got shut down. But it sounds awesome anyway, so OVER 900000 support.

13. CrazyCookie

CrazyCookie The Craziest Mage

Minecraft:
    I never played wizard fortress and I watched it on YouTube and it looks sooo fun
    +1 Support
    Why did they removed it ?

14. redx475

redx475 SysAdmin HERO

Minecraft:
    Generally this is only because the bit that chooses which lobby you should connect to doesn't take into account that a lobby might be full when it tries to connect. Blame @Jumla for that. As for not creating lobbies when they fill up, the software creates and destroys servers every two minutes or so. If there's a sudden influx of players onto one server, that won't be picked up immediately. Also, if one server is full but a bunch of other servers are empty, it won't start more servers. It takes into account how many slots there are across all of the same kind of server (where lobby is one type of server and WC is another).

On a related note, if you see "This server is in online mode", it's because the server tried to connect you to a nonexistent server. Usually this because a lobby has just shut down and it hasn't started back up yet.

I don't know why WF was taken down, that was before my time. I also don't intend to do anything about it because that isn't my place.

15. Paks

Paks Spy Main CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I never really played wizard fortress but yea i'll vote yes

16. BlahBlah161616

Guild:
    I never asked you to do that, but if I must ask, can you think of any reasons why it was removed initially?

17. redx475

redx475 SysAdmin HERO

Minecraft:
    I wasn't implying you were, I'm just stating my position here before someone asks me to do something that I can't.

I also don't know anything about WF as I've said. I wasn't around when it existed, so I don't know anything about what happened and why it was removed. I think I've mentioned that I don't even know what WF really was, aside from a separate game type.

18. flip

flip Chef HERO

Minecraft:
    WF was a mage, pvp type ,capture the flag game, the player would spawn with a wand (stick) and a wooden sword. There would be different buffs around the map like armour , health regens and other wands.

19. BlahBlah161616

Guild:
    We need more maps and a texture pack for that.
    It might've been removed for a lack of popularity, which could easily be fixed with one of those ingame messages that advertise the help page to the website and stuff, by saying "Try Wizard Fortress too! Available in the hub now."

20. BlahBlah161616

Guild:
    Bumping teh thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.