1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Black Magic/forbidden Magic

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by itzdemonik, Mar 23, 2020.

?

Would you want this in the game?

1. Yes

40.0%
  2. No

60.0%
  1. itzdemonik

itzdemonik Travelled Adventurer

I wouldn't exactly know how to go about this. But, I think that it would be very cool if there was a form of black magic or forbidden magic. This could be found in certain dungeons or caves, but come as extremely rare scrolls. Each class would have different types of forbidden magic in the form of scrolls. Once said scroll is received it comes as a combination similar to other spells.

The twist that makes these scrolls different are that the cost of using this spell is soul points. This would add a major risk when fighting a mob, with a big reward, hence it being forbidden. The spell would have to be much stronger than a normal spell so that a player could have a chance to kill the mob but if they die, they could be at zero soul points for using this magic.

The magic would be learned and could be used as frequent as a normal spell as long as the player has the required soul points.

I dont know what the spells would be like or how many there would be for each class, but this was just my basic idea. :)

Skywalkinerate likes this.
  2. PatheticFlower

PatheticFlower megido >gamer< god VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    While I personally like the concept of discoverable abilities - I even had similar ideas in the past - basing this kind of magic off of soulpoints could end up just bad if poorly designed. Soulpoints right now come in very limited quantity and will always take an in game day to regenerate up to 2. The power of this magic would have to be immense enough to be worth dumping soulpoints in to it just for a few casts, but that could easily trivialize boss enemies and such. I feel that wynncrafts existing combat loop just isn't suited for super strong abilities, so some major changes would have to be made to the mechanics before that part of the suggestion is thought about.

Emogla3 and Epicness937 like this.
  3. Gladion Altair

Gladion Altair Tomorrow's calling for you, can you hear it too?

Guild:
    The idea is cool, but it needs a little more thought and maybe just a small amount of lots of balancing

itzdemonik likes this.
  4. ZockerCam

ZockerCam too many giveaways atm. My giveaway next month

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I like the idea but I would change it like this: You can get scrolls from dungeons/discoveries/Quests. The spells on those scrolls are more powerful than normal spells and have a long cooldown. If you use one of them you lose health or get a weakness effect.

5. itzdemonik

itzdemonik Travelled Adventurer

I agree that a lot more balancing would need to be done in order for this to take place. However the thing that would make this so forbidden or dark is that you are essentially using your life force (soul points) in order to preform this immense type of magic. It would also be up to to the player on how they would want to use this magic. If they choose to be reckless with it, that is their choice, hence the black magic part.

Much lore and quests could be made from this concept as well. This could be from the origin of black magic to the source (possibly the silent expanse).

6. Epicness937

Epicness937 Thesead water god. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I like the idea of soulpoints being used to cast spells but given how wynncraft's combat system is so linear right now I think that maybe you could use this system to allow using soulpoints to cast spells that give buffs instead or something like that.

itzdemonik likes this.
  7. Skywalkinerate

Skywalkinerate For The Wynn

Minecraft:
    interesting implementation and connection with Soul points, some of my thoughts on it:
    It would be best if these spells could be obtained through lengthy and difficult means, maybe untradable as well (like boss alter drops). It signifies you obtain this through legit means (not just being rich and buy these)
    Would require major bosses to be revamped as well, giving what these Soul Spells (black magic/ forbidden magic) could potentially do.
    I think it would have to have some exchange system here. Like increase attack for decrease defensive or a few ticks of invulnerability but you do zero damage. Just to balance things out, because since high-level players rarely die with endgame build (people can now solo the Eye within a week's release).

Nonetheless, I think it's a great idea to implement Soul Points more than just lives for players.

itzdemonik likes this.
  8. Ingo

Ingo [105*/Ma|102/Sh|100/Wa]

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    How to break the game?
    1.) Get an untradable build.
    2.) Spam forbidden magic.
    3.) If you die, nothing will drop because untradable items don't drop.