1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics [BIG EFFORT POST] New Quest: The Ragni Revolution [Lvl 105]

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by AvgHypixelPlayer, Jul 19, 2022.

?

On a scale of 1 to 10, what do you rate this?

This poll will close on Dec 19, 2052 at 1:13 PM.
  1. 1

45.5%
  2. 2

8.9%
  3. 3

2.7%
  4. 4

4.5%
  5. 5

0.9%
  6. 6

1.8%
  7. 7

3.6%
  8. 8

1.8%
  9. 9

0.9%
  10. 10

29.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvgHypixelPlayer

AvgHypixelPlayer SKYBLOCK ON TOP!!! HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    hello? anyone there? admins? where r u

2. Epic_Chonker

Epic_Chonker Well-Known Adventurer

Hey, I'd just like to give some feedback. While I do feel like the quest has a lot of potential, it, in my opinion, most went completely wasted.

For example, I feel like the section where you recruit people was really lackluster. Sure, it was nice finding npcs from older quests like Thomas from "Castrating Troubles" or Jimmy from "Minority Disaster", but all you literally did was go up and talk to them. I propose that instead of talking to them you have to use a new quest item named "White Van", how you obtain that item is up to you. Now, instead of talking to npcs you would instead go around kidnapping them, this includes both defecting npcs and normal ones. After gathering all of the npcs you could go into war and have the defecting npcs be your main help while normal npcs were used as a meat shield against their will. Which brings me to my next point, the battle.

While I think it was pretty good for the most part, the mechanic where the iron golems started twerking was definitely too strong and unbalanced. It completely nullified the defecting npcs' help by having them be hypnotized. It also didn't help that I constantly found myself being dragged into the screen too, so you might want to work on that. Oh and the fight felt too dragged on too, which contributed to the overall unfainess, since you had to do everything again if you died.

I don't have much to say about killing the King, I feel like the moment was really sentimental and the cutscene of the actual death was really cool too. I specially liked the already mentioned extra morbin time dialogue added if you had beaten wynnexcavation site d beforehand.

All in all I feel like it was still pretty solid, easy 7/10.

3. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    what update is this releasing in

also you should apply for ct

cmosier likes this.
  4. AvgHypixelPlayer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    and stop spamming 1s

5. AvgHypixelPlayer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I just applied for CT

cmosier likes this.
  6. AcadeeAlkana

AcadeeAlkana Maiden Voyage Dev HERO

Minecraft:
    ...Steaming-hot Nether on a gravy-dipped stick!

7. AvgHypixelPlayer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    HI! Once this reaches 20 votes on 10, and I am a CT member by then, I will add this into the game!!!

cmosier likes this.
  8. Bwitty03

Bwitty03 Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    white minecart then

9. AvgHypixelPlayer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    But, there are no rails.

10. strikeflame5356

strikeflame5356 what do I write here VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think with a lot of your posts you spend too much time going through details of the quest/dungeon that aren't very important and don't spend enough time on the main idea, the CT can figure out the details you're not going to do that better than them, you should focus on the main idea and make the case for that, why so you think it's a good idea to overthrow ragni?
    When you suggest a fairly unorthodox idea and don't make much of a case for it, instead spending lots of time on details (individual stages of the quests, damage numbers, etc), people won't be on board with the idea because you never really justified the fundemental concept. You're not going to do balancing (like in the CEO thread) better than the content team but what you can do is give them ideas, when anyone makes suggestions about completely new ideas that should be their focus.
    I'm saying this presuming that this is not satire, I'm doing that because this feels a lot like the kind of suggestion I'd make early on in my forums 'career' and I don't think it's fair to assume that this thread is a joke like almost everyone who's responded has, I'd rather make a serious response on something that was actually a joke than make fun of something that someone actually suggested seriously with the best intentions.

swishcheese, Bixlo, Endistic and 2 others like this.
  11. Aftershokke

Aftershokke Meow?

Minecraft:
    u have good imagination but honestly ur ideas arent very well thought out, this being the final quest will take away from the storyline leading to kill dern beast and discover our past

Endistic likes this.
  12. Emogla3

Emogla3 az is bad 2: the movie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  13. Enderae

Enderae Wanderer of the Realm VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i love how no one realizes this is hopefully satire

Endistic likes this.
  14. NagisaStreams

NagisaStreams Sertified idiot CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    this could happen after that

15. Aftershokke

Aftershokke Meow?

Minecraft:
    maybe but this idea is just a fetch quest, with no main storyline and is just sudden, i think if something major impacts the storyline it should be in many parts

16. Mardeknius

Mardeknius Architect of the Realm Item Team HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Most people seem to think that this is satire
    the writer's attitude clearly says otherwise

17. shacers

shacers no longer replying VIP+

Minecraft:
    Going with aftershokke's statement about how this would ruin the storyline of fruma and dern but also that the player becoming the king of wynn is kinda weird, first it just doesnt make sense that a soldier, not even the leader of the rebellion would become king, but even before u can address that question you have to address the quest rewards, the xp is fine, but the amount of emeralds? nah to much, tower of ascension probably takes a similar amount of time as running around the world using tp scrolls and grabbing people and it only gives like 8Le although it might not be as hard, it definitely says that the reward should be maybe less than 16 Le and im just saying that cuz i like emeralds, that money doesnt go to you or else the city would fall into extreme dept. think of this as a REAL city, like a REAL city would have trade with other cities, an economy, dept to pay, and defenses and infastructure to repair and maintain, if you took all the money then overthrowing the government doesnt make much sense if another one cant be propped up in it's place right? finally the quest itself is tedious, boring, and just kinda weird. Like why exactly are we absolutely destroying the king? oh because he is a bozo trying to take over wynn, but WHEN EXACTLY IS THAT STATED IN WYNNEXCAVATION? actually even if it is and i dont remember at the end of the quest the king BURNS the crystals and doesnt seem to be wanting to take over anything at all. this quest just doesnt make sense.

Endistic likes this.
  18. AmbassadorDazz

AmbassadorDazz Discord Killjoy Staff Member Moderator HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    For those of you who have no idea what did they just read:
    [​IMG]

shacers and Endistic like this.
  19. Enderae

Enderae Wanderer of the Realm VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    in any case im p sure its satire

Endistic likes this.
  20. strikeflame5356

strikeflame5356 what do I write here VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is going to rub people the wrong way, but the more people reply here the more I'm wishing there was a dislike button.
    This kind of stuff is really pretty awful really if you consider that there is at the very least a non-zero possibility that this is just some relatively unacquainted forumer trying his best to come up with an idea, and I think that possibility is much more than just non-zero. Everyone will go through a series of misses before they get a hit when it comes to coming up with suggestions, and no one should have to go through getting sent the kind of thing you see quoted above and dozens of other comments like it.
    I don't see how you can justify the risk of seriously discouraging someone who could after some time become an active member of the community especially when the possible benefit for you is, what, comedy? your own enjoyment?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
    WithTheFish and dreamer101 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.