1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Better, More Creative Emerald Sinks To Curb Inflation.

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by TheEpicCajun, Jan 8, 2020.

?

Do you support this?

1. Yes

2. No, the current tax system is fine.

3. Yes, but I think the tax system should coexist with your ideas.

4. Yes, but I disagree with some of your ideas.

5. Both options 3 and 4.

6. No, but I think the tax system should be removed regardless

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheEpicCajun

TheEpicCajun The one true EpicSex2

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hello, a couple days ago, I posted a suggestion (which in hindsight is more of a rant), stating my belief that the current tax system is flawed and fails to tackle inflation at a large scale. In this thread, I want to provide some ideas that can serve as a replacement to or coexist with trade market taxes. You can read it here.

Anyway, it's obvious inflation is an issue in wynncraft, especially as more and more people gain wealth through naturally playing the game, or through duping. It's impossible for new and old players alike to afford mythics or build-worthy legendaries/fableds without either finding a mythic of their own, or engaging in tedious activities such as lootrunning or professions. There really needs to be a more effective money sink to balance the economy and minimize the damage of duping.

Enough of the rant, here are some of my suggestions for money sinks:

1. Vanity Merchants: The simplest and likely the easiest to implement of my ideas, Vanity merchants will sell items at a ridiculously high cost, costing multiple stacks of le to buy. These items should be designed for cosmetic reasons, not combat (with the exception of less combat-oriented IDs like walkspeed). These items can range from armors that provide specific player effects (like the Wynnter Fair rewards), new pets, exclusive weapon skins, and more! To claim non-wearable items such as standalone effects and pets, the player will first buy a token from a merchant. A player must right click on the token to receive their item, where it can be accessed in the Cosmetics Menu like store-bought items are. These tokens and armors can also have their own lore. These items should strictly be untradable.
    The CT and the developers can certainly utilize their creativity for this, but I have a few examples for items.
    A. Emerald Imp Pet. Lore: A peculiar undead creature, much smaller in size than its zombie brethren. This little one, rather than engaging in combat with mortals, instead hoards stray emeralds of the ground, storing them in a dilapidated booksack. Some rich Gavellian nobles pay heaps of emeralds to capture them as pets. It is unknown what the creature does with its scavenged emeralds.

B. Kantyr Mount. Lore: This equestrian creature is one of the many horrors that lurk within the Silent Expanse, believed to be the mutated horses first brought by the ancient miners. However, contrary to other creatures of darkness, Kantyrs have been tamed by the denizens of Lutho, serving as protectors of the town and its obelisk. They are voracious omnivores and are expensive to maintain outside of their "natural" habitat. If kept hungry, they may devour their owner and other mortals.

C. Aledar Cart Mount/Pet: It's self explanatory. Lore: Aledar Cart Aledar Cart

D. Emerald Trail Set: This set of armor should be light green leather armor, preferably at a similar shade to emeralds. When the full set is worn, the player will leave a green, glimmering particle trail as he walks, in which the start of the trail begins to disappear after 2 seconds which from then on continues to disappear.

2. Housing or Custom Guild Halls: Before y'all start furiously typing your replies, I do understand that any form of housing has little to no chance of ever being implemented. However, if a system like this were to be implemented, I believe that certain elements of such a system should require massive pools of wealth to purchase. For example, a simple shack with a straw bed should be within a normal endgame player's price range, while a grand palace with beautiful furniture should have an exorbitant price, even for players with large sometimes duped pools of wealth.

3. Expand Zhight Island: Do any of you remember Zhight Island? Because I sure did not until writing this thread. It is actually a very cool location, except for the fact that it has no functional use besides a gimmicky minigame and useless prizes. I think its concept can be expanded much further especially because it has the potential to serve as a great money sink. This location can have more useful rewards (some of which should be viable in endgame) as well as multiple new minigames for earning zhight money. Perhaps this can be tied in with the first suggestion, where players can purchase flashy cosmetics as a reward for amassing large amounts of zhight money. If tied in with the first idea, zhight money should be able to function as emeralds in terms of storage. A stack of zhight money can be converted into a Zhight Money Bag, which will act as an equivalent (for storage) to an emerald block. An update to this location would serve to give it relevance outside of quests as well as serve a function within the ingame economy.

4. More Efficient add-on to the Powder Exchange: Suggested down below by @Kiocifer, one method of creating a more efficient emerald sink would be to streamline the process of upgrading powders. There will be a new NPC in the Powder Exchange in Corkus who will be able to convert lower-tier powders in bulk to higher tiers, while also skipping tiers in between. For example, you could bring a whole stack of T3 thunder powders to the new powder NPC and convert that stack to a single T6 thunder powder (at a decently high cost for the purposes of curbing inflation). This would encourage people to keep their lower-tier powders since they no longer have to spend a decade upgrading them to tier 6. Not to mention endgame players are in need of powders for their endgame builds, most would likely be willing to spend some of their money to streamline a very slow process into a fast one.

That's all for now folks, and I hope you like my suggestion. Constructive criticism is appreciated!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    Egg, Kiocifer, OllyDG and 6 others like this.
  2. NagisaStreams

NagisaStreams certified idiot Staff Member Moderator QA HERO

Minecraft:
    Cool ideas but emerald trail armor wouldn't likely be used due to it taking up armor slots you would... you know need?

All for cosmetic weapon skins that require you to buy them, but how would specific ones be 'cool'? Just available for a limited time?

Iboju and Saya like this.
  3. ll

ll Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Doesnt number 1 go against EULA?

Also

HOUSING!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Human and 7Red_Dragon7 like this.
  4. NagisaStreams

NagisaStreams certified idiot Staff Member Moderator QA HERO

Minecraft:
    Using an ingame currency you can not buy with real money?

5. ll

ll Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Isn't buying something thats usually on the store with ingame money against EULA

A Human and 7Red_Dragon7 like this.
  6. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time Staff Member Moderator ♪ Music Item Team HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The most we can sell an item for in a merchant is 128 LE. Merchant draw from chests, and detect the first three rows to see what's being sold and what the price is, with the first two rows being price and the third row being the item sold. Since there's only two rows to work with per item, and the most we can stack an item up to is 64, we can't possibly sell any item for more than 2 stacks. Additionally, buying a separate currency like that which would give access to those kinds of activated cosmetics would be against the EULA.

7. ghoti0315

ghoti0315 probably one of the most unlucky guys in game/IRL HERO

Minecraft:
    First one would be against the EULA so there isn't a need to discuss
    Second, housing would never be implemented (as you said) and custom guild halls neither, because I think the server couldn't hold too much worlds or places (only 50 people max even in a game server), given that there are so many guilds in this game. Yes they could improve the hardware but money doesn't grow on trees
    The third one is actually viable. Wait, actually like 50% of the places of wynn is forgettable (like do you know what is half moon island or lion lair, never been to these places wtf). Anyway I forgot the minigame but the prizes are shit. iirc you pay zhight money to play it and you could trade using the tokens from the minigame. Adding prizes for it is okay but you have to high the price to get in, cuz better items worth larger amount of money after all

One of the ideas I could think of is weapon augments. Those adds major IDs to existing items (no crafted ones, mythics and fableds) like greed and hawkeye. I know this seems op but just look at those poor okr which has shitty stats. They could be sold for like 3 le which is fucking ridiculous. This could be a good money sink because addition of it could allow more flexible and more variety of builds. It was like, if you want an endgame good poison build with a shaman, and I don't like using Uranium aegis cuz of low poison and negative health regen, then you could add a "plague" major ID in your relik, costing several LEs (or maybe 10, which is fair).
    No mythics and crafted because that would be too OP, especially mythics have their own playstyle so mythic major IDs aren't used in weapon augs. Also like 90% of the fabled items have major IDs, except those from the grook quest and the ornate shadow things, which I understand why didn't they add it.
    Such stuff could 1. make builds more flexible, 2. add money sink, 3. lower the prices of mythics because lower demands, but keeping their unique playstyle, 4. lower the reliance towards mythics

And the lack of endgame content is actually why there are no/little money sink. People just don't have much things to so after making their builds, so wynncraft actually need something else but items

7Red_Dragon7 likes this.
  8. TheEpicCajun

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wait, so even if the cosmetics that can be bought only through vanity merchants, and in no way, shape, or form can be bought from real money, just because different cosmetics of the same type can be bought with real money, it goes against the EULA?

Also, concerning the limitations with merchants, they should be worked around or improved. Especially as many players by now have more than a single bank page of LE, a potential solution could be to simply create a new form of compressed emeralds. Instead of giving up at the sight of a single hurdle to implementing something, it's better to find possible workarounds or creative ideas to bypass system limitations. After all, that is why improvements such as armor stand mobs and lack of new quest helmets (get rid of the goddamn climbing helmet I swear to god) are a thing. Not to mention that revamping or finding new workarounds in a system opens tons of new possibilities outside of my little suggestion.

9. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time Staff Member Moderator ♪ Music Item Team HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The cosmetics you describe can't be anything that's provided via crates, otherwise it is against the EULA as they can be purchased with ingame currency.

10. DashSmashing

DashSmashing The Real DashSmashing VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Damn, there's people out there 64 times richer than me and im sitting here saving every emerald I can get. Donations are appreciated =D

11. Turbostratus

Turbostratus Inactive Adventurer Media HERO

Minecraft:
    I got a few ideas I came up with on the spot, feel free to express your thoughts on them:

- An option to buy a large amount of scrolls at once (ie: 10 at once, 32 at once, 64 at once), but the larger bundles are cheaper overall than buying 1 scroll each, potentially encouraging players to spend more emeralds on scrolls.

- A key guardian manager npc. You can talk to the npc, who will offer to negotiate a 'peace treaty' for a set price of emeralds, and after doing that, the key guardian manager will inform the key guardians and the dude at the dungeon entrance of the peace treaty. A dungeon key merchant will appear outside the dungeon entrance, key guardians will become peaceful mobs (green nametag), and you'll be able to buy as many dungeon keys from the merchant as you want for a set price. However, the corrupted key guardians are too corrupted to form peace or follow orders, and thus they roam around menacingly with no intentions of making peace.

- An option to upgrade horse levels instantly with emeralds (may screw with horse market prices though)

- An ingredient merchant. You'll be able to purchase any ingredient you wish, but the prices are expensive, and you can only purchase 1 item at a time. Whenever you do a purchase, the merchant has a 1 week cooldown before you can make another purchase.

- A material merchant. Works the same way the ingredient merchant would. Expensive prices, 1 week cooldown, 1 purchase at a time

12. JohnnyNubPotato

JohnnyNubPotato broke af HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't think that is what OP was trying to argue for. If you read closely Cajun mentions that these skins would be "exclusive" to the merchants, therefor not violating the EULA. It's sort of like how Hypixel has one companion that can be gotten for free by playing the game while the other companions are bought exclusively at the Hypixel store.

Druser likes this.
  13. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    They would have to be of different types(i.e.: no gear skins, must be an item equipped/consumed for the effect, no copying effects from the store) according to what I'm aware of about the EULA. Hypixel's breaking the EULA from what you describe and what I know, so either things are different from what I'm aware, or Hypixel's status as a hypermassive server is letting them get off about this. I'd hope the former.

JohnnyNubPotato likes this.
  14. ll

ll Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    EA is secretly running Mojang

15. Mistral Marauder

Mistral Marauder Surfing winds and chasing windfalls VIP+

Minecraft:
    it's probably this tbh
    How about items like the ones in the Wynnter Fair?

16. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:

JohnnyNubPotato likes this.
  17. JohnnyNubPotato

JohnnyNubPotato broke af HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ah, I see, thanks for correcting me.

18. Mistral Marauder

Mistral Marauder Surfing winds and chasing windfalls VIP+

Minecraft:
    More like youtube. EA would encourage p2w if possible; youtube is generally the one that loosens its rules for money

19. TheEpicCajun

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So would it work within if instead there was a separate method of toggling the ingame-bought cosmetics?, i.e not through the Compass Menu, but instead some sort of toggle or an entirely separate interface for them.

- I would support being able to buy scrolls in bulk as a separate QoL suggestion, though I don't think it would make much of a difference in the economy.
    - Next, I would support some sort of system to allow players to purchase their access to dungeons, but it would have to be very costly and be geared towards old players levelling up new classes. I don't agree with the execution in your idea. I also don't see this being implemented as dungeon bombs are likely one of the number one sources of income for the server
    - For buying horse levels, I could support this, but only for the untradable variants of the upgraded horses bought with dungeon fragments (so it doesn't absolutely mess up horse prices). It would be an expensive QoL change for seasoned players levelling new classes. I don't know how this would be implemented though.
    - I disagree with the last two. Imo it would especially hurt the ingredient market as people would just wait and automatically buy extremely valuable ingredients like decaying hearts rather than playing the game and the market to obtain them. The weeklong wait would also minimize the amount of emeralds flowing out of the economy.

Turbostratus likes this.
  20. Kiocifer

Kiocifer Creator of salteďpog3 and other monstrosities VIP+ Modeler

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I am 1000% down for bulk scrolls- even though i'd never use anything other than stacks of Detlas Scrolls, (Quick travel + ws set gets me anywhere else) I could see this simple quality of life incentivising more scroll purchasing.

Here's my suggestion: Improve Powder GUI (I'm planning on making a whole post on this- honestly it's one of the things I hate the most about the game)

Powder conversion is actually a somewhat viable emerald sink, especially if it becomes far easier to convert stacks of powders at a time.
    It takes basically a full LE to convert 16 Stacks of T1 into a T6. While no sane person would ever do that with the current system, saving up stacks of T1/T2/T3 powders would make a bit more sense if it didn't take a full half an hour to convert powders.

Also maybe making Merchant-Bought items better- if Merchant-bought items weren't objectively awful outside of like 3 specific scenarios, it'd function as an okay but basic emerald sink.

Turbostratus and Druser like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.