1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Better Class System

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by proskillz314, Jan 15, 2020.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes

33.3%
  2. No (Please explain)

33.3%
  3. Needs changes (Please explain)

33.3%
  1. proskillz314

proskillz314 Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    The class system needs an overhaul. With out much customisation on spells, frequent class users end up using the same spell cycle again and again in every fight conceivable.

Not ideal.

So I basically have an idea to improve the system, without forcing too much complexity on players and without it becoming too OP. Please note that this is a rudimentary proposal, and will not contain as much detail as most readers will like. This is due to me lacking the power to balance out class abilities. As a result, all feedback is welcome.

So basically, my idea involves a new interface in the class selection menu where skill points can be assigned to spells, Whenever you level up, you get two main skill points and three spell upgrade skill points (This value is subject to change).

Whenever skill points are assigned to a spell, these skill points increase its effectiveness more than main skill points, but these spell points only apply to that spell (Obviously).

Different spells also have different skill point caps (These numbers subject to change, and can differ between classes):

Main spell (Left click): 80
    First spell (RLR): 90
    Second spell (RRR): 50
    Third spell (RLL): 100
    Fourth spell (RRL): 80

The points also affect different aspects of abilities for different classes, but generally (Subject to change):

The advantages are arranged in order of strength.

Main attack: Increases damage, distance and AOE.

RLR: Increases Damage, AOE, range

RRR: Distance travelled, damage

RLL: Damage, AOE, distance

RRL: AOE, range, damage

This system, while not that flashy, could help build customisation and the spell system from getting too OP.

Disclaimers: Needs tweaking to work with the grade spell system, some spell points need to be stronger for some spells and classes to increase viability.

Thanks for reading, vote in poll, and sorry if this has been suggested before.

2. PatheticFlower

PatheticFlower peter mushroom griffin VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I really don't see how this would change up combat much. currently, the combat cycle is basically this: [you either attack with a cooldown or use a spell, using a spell takes up a variable amount of mana. dodge via mobility spell or strafing when a boss or enemy telegraphs their next attack.] with your idea, the only thing that would change is a spells potency; you can make some stronger and in return have some weaker, but until the core mechanics that define how you go about fighting enemies are changed, I don't think giving the player the option to buff some of their spells would be that important. some ways to solve the current issues with combat would be to give enemies more interesting mechanics that change up how you have to play, and introducing a combat system to the player that would enable more thought and skill in to each fight, this solves neither of those nor introduces a new solution.

Epicness937 likes this.
  3. Theeef

Theeef God of 4 AM Profession Rants HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I’ve always kind of liked the way Paladins does abilities. Idk of other games do it like this but I know paladins does.

Every character has a few abilities. Then there’s cards. There’s like 20 cards available per character. Each card modifies an ability or attack in some way. You have 15 card slots and can have 5 of each card. So let’s say for mage, one of the card options makes heals radius increase by 3 blocks. I could stack this 5 times and have a heal radius increase by 15 blocks. I’ve only got 10 slots left though so I can’t use some other cool card options. Alternatively I could only used 2 of the heal radius upgrade and saved those other 2 slots for a different card.

Basically it’s just major IDs built into class selection that actually allows you to make good builds by changing the spells itself. I wish major IDs were something you could have without items AND on items.

I’ll make a thread with more detail on this later.

Saya likes this.
  4. ZockerCam

ZockerCam needs a Lament to reach his ultimate goal

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think when it comes to spell changes in this form we should add new ids or major ids insead of making a complex skill point system. Also do I think that new players could be confused while playing Wynncraft the first time. Consider that every time you level up you get: -new quests, -new mini-quests in its own "questbook", -skill points, -sometimes spell upgrades...
    All these things can be confusing and making the game too complicated to enjoy for new players. When I started Wynncraft I was absolutely confused when it came to the simplest things like the Questbook or the Skillpoint mechanic. Now we have an even more complex game with things like Miniquests, Gathering Miniquests ...

5. proskillz314

proskillz314 Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Respectfully, I think you are missing the point. I am not trying to solve combat, I am trying the fix the problem with classes, hence the name of the thread. This change is meant to increase customisation on spells for classes instead of grades unlocked at different levels that you cannot change whatsoever, and is meant to improve builds. This also improves strategy for combat. For instance, if an assassin values AOE, he would improve his smoke bomb ability.

6. Benjin

Benjin Well-Known Adventurer

So basically just make your spells better, that's not a monotony breakup