1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Artefacts

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by That_Chudley, Feb 2, 2019.

?

Do you think this is a good idea?

1. Yes!

96.2%
  2. Meh (How could it be better?)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Nah (Please give feedback)

3.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That_Chudley

That_Chudley Wynncraft Addict HERO

Minecraft:
    So a few weeks ago I made a thread about relics being a way to see into the past via the Temple of Time, however, relics are now in the game again via rare mobs that can drop the relic sets, so I'm making a fresh post with some changes, updates and ideas :)

Artefacts:

What are they?
    Artefacts would be untradable items that are incredibly difficult to find around the world but once found, they could be taken to the Temple of Time and thrown into the hopper there to show a part of the past.

Where would they be found?
    All over the world! Wherever there is something of interest or importance, there could be a corresponding artefact that would give the history of it. So they could be in Wynn, Gavel, the Ocean and anywhere they need to be.

Why do these need to be added?
    1. Currently the Temple of Time serves only one purpose in one quest after having been a huge mystery in Wynncraft for about 4 years prior to that (also Fate of the Fallen seems like it's setting up the idea that this would happen).

2. It can fill in lore holes or add more detail to areas - Examples: Ternaves Prison, the Sky Islands Breaking apart, the building of cities or areas, characters we've heard of but never seen etc.

3. It would add a great new exploration element to the game! Whilst there are secret discoveries which are kind of similar, they are often small and surprisingly easy to find by accident. Artefacts would be incredibly hard to find in my opinion if they were added.

So wait... How would this all work in context?

Example: Pirate Artefact

On a ship at the bottom of the ocean, there would be an NPC journal and a key. The NPC journal would explain the outline of the event (For example, this pirate ship has been being hunted down by Redbeard because the have some valuable artefact, so they buried it with their treasure on an island and are now sailing towards a storm to try to lose Redbeard or something). The key could then be taken to an island nearby and upon completing a puzzle, doing some parkour and maybe fighting some kind of mini-boss, the key could then be used to open a secret room leading to some riches or "buried treasure" and amongst the buried treasure, there could be a sceptre or crown or whatever the artefact happens to look like.

This item could be picked up and when taken to the Temple of Time and thrown in, would show a cutscene and have sections where the player can interact and move around as if they were there.

Idea for the event once you've thrown the item into the Temple of Time:
    First there would be a cutscene showing the pirates hiding the treasure on the island and have some of the other pirates questioning why they don't just hand it over. The Captain could say something about how Redbeard is merciless and wouldn't let them live if they did and then make a reference to a Pirate Ship on the coast of Wynn which was forced to crash by Redbeard (Pirate Bay reference).
    The player would then spawn on the pirate ship in the ocean as if they were a part of the crew and upon talking to a certain person, the next event could trigger.
    Upon talking to a particular person, the conversation would be interrupted by the Pirate in the Crow's nest exclaiming that Redbeard is coming. The Captain could then say that their best option is to head into a storm ahead and hope they'll lose them there.
    Then a cutscene of the ships sailing into the storm could happen and it could be shown or implied that that was the storm that sunk Redbeard's ship.

TL;DR : Rare items hidden acroos the world that can be used in the Temple of Time for cutscenes

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  2. TheStormLizard

TheStormLizard Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Did you purposely spell artifacts wrong

ETERNAL FIERI likes this.
  3. That_Chudley

Minecraft:
    Artefact is the spelling in the UK, Artifact is the US spelling.

4. TheStormLizard

TheStormLizard Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Well that’s something I learned today

5. Thaum_

Thaum_ Famous Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Original idea, I like it. Maybe add a tl;dr ;)

6. That_Chudley

Minecraft:
    Bump? Any suggestions/ feedback are welcome :D

7. Nepeta Leijon

Nepeta Leijon Rogue of Heart ♌ Leittarius HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    While I can see the good intention behind this idea, this seems little more than just secret discoveries with an extra unnecessary step. Instead of finding an area in the world/solving a puzzle and getting a cutscene about it for lore, you instead have to do the very same but with the extra step of running back to the temple of time too before you can claim the reward.

However, since I do like the idea, I still support it. It would definitely give the temple of time more use outside of just one quest where you throw in one item.

BethJerry and Druser like this.
  8. Theeef

Theeef uwu? HERO

Minecraft:
    Artifacts > Artefacts

IDC if you live in the UK reeeee!!!

9. That_Chudley

Minecraft:
    To be honest, you've very accurately described how I feel about it!
    I wanted the Temple of Time to have more uses and the current time it's used, it takes you into a semi-interactable version of the past, so I thought it should be the same if used more.
    I think that there are still so many interesting areas and lore points that secret discoveries may not be able to cover (for example, Pirate Bay seems to have been skipped over) and the idea of having a super-difficult challenge of trying to find all of these well hidden artefacts just seemed like a really fun concept to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.