Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Website & Forums Application Information

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Gundalf, Jul 12, 2018.

?

Should this be mentioned in the staff application information?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gundalf

Gundalf Old Man

Minecraft:
    Time of Response
    In the Moderator Application information, nowhere is stated in which time frame that you could get a response from your application.
    Like could it take 2-3 days for staff to review your application? They tell you to be patient afterwards but you could be waiting here for a month without a response.
    Maybe tell us what to do if we haven't heard a response yet for about a week or something.
    And also maybe mention if the person that sended an application would get a response via the Forums or Email.

Submitted Confirmation Screen
    Also add like a confirmation screen at the end of the Application, as I clicked on submit, it just randomly brings me back to the wynncraft website. There should be a message saying something like; "Your application has been submitted", because I wouldn't have an idea if I sended it or not.

________
    Regards,

Dr Zed likes this.
  2. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    For the first point
    "We will never respond to the applications, acknowledge them in PMs, give you tips to improve, or release them to the public. If you submit one, expect nothing to happen and expect nothing in return."
    I agree with the second point though

3. Stag2001

Stag2001 360 mlg hipster cat CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    ^^ this

I'd also like to note that for mod apps it usually takes from a few weeks to a few months to get a response, if you get one at all.

4. Gundalf

Gundalf Old Man

Minecraft:
    Still, how would people know if they get accepted??
    Like no response whatsoever? Nothing like; "You have been accepted to the staff team etc... Your training starts in a few days.".

Edit: I meant to reply on the first reply.

5. ItsFreakinHarry

ItsFreakinHarry The Insane Suggestion Creator

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I believe they get a response if they get accepted, it's not like you have been accepted and not told about it.

What they mean is if you are not accepted, there is no guarantee for any response whatsoever.

Stag2001 likes this.
  6. Gundalf

Gundalf Old Man

Minecraft:
    So you could wait for a month to get a response, in that time you could have applied for another server and get accepted. And then no response like "You have been denied, try again in a month". Just an example.

7. ItsFreakinHarry

ItsFreakinHarry The Insane Suggestion Creator

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I feel on that, I am guessing there is some reason for the system they use. Might be a long process to accept, might have specific reasons, idk. Don't want to make any assumptions because most of this isn't exactly public and I don't want to spread rumors, but there is probably a reason for why they don't reply or take a long time to do so.

Stag2001 likes this.
  8. Jack Jemble

Jack Jemble Renewed Adventurer!

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I would like the second point.

9. Khaps

Khaps Ex-moderator and leader of the Mythic Emporium HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    We send a message saying that the person has been accepted. They can either accept or deny in case they changed their minds.
    However we don't say too much about apps, and I think that is as far as I should go.

I do agree with your second point, however I don't with the first.

10. Gundalf

Gundalf Old Man

Minecraft:
    This makes no sense to me.
    In the application information everything should be mentioned, like when you're going to apply for a job at a company.
    So you do get a response, but where? In my email? Forums? And you do have a full page of text on how to be a Moderator etc..., but giving the applicant some more information about how/when he gets a reply is too much.
    This is some normal information that should be mentioned, there shouldn't be anything secret about it.

I also asked the Community Manager a question about why there is the text above the application; "Hey, Don't forget to save this on your computer, we don't want to see your hard work gone to waste", something in those lines.
    And do I get a response??? No! This wasn't a question about my application, I literally just asked something about what you people wrote above your application.

That just shows the amount of effort and professionalism that has been put in the making of the application information.

11. Stormarend

Stormarend The classes DO NOT correspond with the elements.

Minecraft:
    Because you shouldn't forget to save this on your computer, they don't want to see your hard work gone to waste. It's literally what it says. Maybe you want to apply again, improve on your previous application. Why type another one when changes to your previous application will suffice.

Also, nobody is obliged to answer your questions so don't get salty about it.

12. Gundalf

Gundalf Old Man

Minecraft:
    This just shows again that no one has a better argument.
    And just because I'm saying what I think doesn't mean that I'm getting salty.

And you already answered my question.

13. Stag2001

Stag2001 360 mlg hipster cat CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    You get a message in your inbox on the forums. Basically applying just shows us that you want to be a mod. We will then have to discuss a lot, since we’re very picky. We don’t want power abuse. There’s no time frame of when you get a response, but I can say it takes a long time for us to go through all these apps and consider every player. Ya gotta be patient man.
    Pretzule is extremely busy. He’s also about to leave the team, iirc he explained this in a thread and/or his profile. This is why I recommend you send your questions to me or another mod, instead of him.

I think the person above me answered your question pretty well, but if you still don’t understand, feel free to tag me.

14. Gundalf

Gundalf Old Man

Minecraft:
    This was a good answer, I understand it now.

15. CaveRaider

CaveRaider Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I saved one of my unfinished applications to my computer to work on the next day. It saved in a folder and a .html file. The html file just brings me to the application page with all blank boxes and the folder is just code files and images. How can I reopen my application with all my progress?

16. Stormarend

Stormarend The classes DO NOT correspond with the elements.

Minecraft:
    Even though this post was within the necropost limit the thread was dead. Other than that it's not really on topic. You should've just made a separate thread in questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.