1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Another New Class.... (electromage)

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by EnderFlame1311, May 16, 2020.

?

Yes?

1. yes

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. no

21 vote(s)
    87.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EnderFlame1311

EnderFlame1311 Skilled Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    reasons:
    1. its already in lore
    2. npcs get stuff from corkus all the time, so i could get a corkus weapon i guess
    3. maxie can do it, why not me?

basically the spells will be up to you. since shaman added the totem, maybe a placable turret as one of them?

2. TrapinchO

TrapinchO the observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    I would like to see it ingame too, but:

DETAILS DETAILS DETAILS

Sorry if it sounds rude

3. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    https://wynndata.tk/i/Fatal
    There. Electromage.

It also bugs me when people make class suggestions that blatantly try to enforce one playstyle/element. Yes, all of the existing classes do tend to have an element they work really well with. However, none of them deliberately try to get players to stick to that. I can make an earth melee mage if I want. I can make a fire assassin, or a water/air spell warrior or whatever I want. And while it may occasionally be a bit better to have a water mage or a fire warrior or whatever, it isn't in any way because they try to deliberately make players build around those stats.

I'm aware you didn't do that in this thread (I'm assuming you would have if you had listed any spells or abilities), but the idea of electromage definitely would seem to be very much pushed towards using dexterity and thunder - otherwise, how is it an electromage? If it uses water, isn't that literally just normal mage? I'd much rather see a "mechanic" or "inventor class", so that at the very least it can fit its lore without forcing the player into a certain playstyle or element.

Last edited: May 16, 2020
    Saya and Baby Poseidon like this.
  4. Steve161803

Steve161803 Richguy CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    It's a cool idea, but we have five classes that i think they are enough for now

5. EnderFlame1311

Minecraft:
    Ah ok, details.

Attack: 3/5
    Defence: 4/5
    Range: 2/5
    Spells: 4/5

weapon: havent thought about it yet. none of the npcs use a weapon.

first spell: zap. short range lightning strike. stuns enemies (cant attack or move) for 1 second.
    second spell: burst. pushes you forward. stuns enemies you pass.
    third spell: cannon places a corkus-looking cannon down that fires at enemies.
    fourth spell: repair. will reset the duration on the cannon, heal you for a tiny amount, and shock enemies in a radius.

StormKing3 likes this.
  6. Saikyo_Psycho

Saikyo_Psycho Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    first spell should be turret imo, it might be a bit broken but think about this. you are an inventor or something so you should have the abilities in a sense upgrade your turret. 2nd spell could be, equip a cannon onto your turret and fire yourself forward. Being in the cannon grants a sort of resistance buff. The turret should have hp as well so its not op and make use of repair. 3rd ability could be turret upgrade, equip a railgun or such, or have another menu make it selectable what points you want in your turret upgrade. ex you have 5 points you can put it all into strength or speed or range or spread it out. Adjustable for each situation. 4th is repair, heals the turret and resets the duration.

7. TrapinchO

TrapinchO the observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    totem

reverse haul?

Looks good and balanced

8. Saikyo_Psycho

Saikyo_Psycho Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    A little, it goes with the class i feel like a lot more than before.

9. Baby Poseidon

Baby Poseidon Self-Proclaimed Idiot

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    WARNING: this will come across as rude, but these are just my ideas on the new "electromage" class you've suggested.
    before reading, I want you to know that I don't want to start an argument
    , this is genuinely what i think about it.

The idea with electromagic is that the Corkians had no magic of their own, so they developed their own, which they called electromagic. You are a soldier from Fruma, so you don't have any knowledge of electromagic, as even though the Corkians originally came from Fruma, electromagic was developed in Corkus, not in Fruma. That means that if anything, you would only have things like weapons and technology imported from Corkus.

First of all, no-one can take your class seriously if you don't even have an idea for what the weapon should be. You don't have to have all of the weapon ideas, like for the elemental designs, but you have to have a least some idea for what the weapon should be. And your excuse for that is simply pathetic. Secondly, the spells are extremely undeveloped, in fact too undeveloped, as they don't have any upgrades and seem more like a general concept for the spells rather than the actual spells themselves. The third spell is not even that fitting to electromagic as it is just placing down a cannon. It is also pretty much just like a totem, especially seeing as the fourth spell will heal you, as well as resetting the timer on your cannon, which we don't know the length of. That hasn't been mentioned in your suggestion either. But seeing as it is timed, resettable by the fourth spell, and deals damage to all mobs that get within it's range, it is literally just a worse version of Totem. Thirdly, the second spell is pretty much exactly teleport crossed over with charge. Fourthly, the first spell is just bash, a short burst of damage in front of you that then stuns mobs. The fourth spell is like uproot in the sense that it resets the timer on your cannon, like bash in the sense that it stuns mobs, and like heal in the sense that it heals you by a small amount.

You still haven't decided on a weapon, but based off of the given stats (which I disagree with), the class would be more melee than it would be ranged. It has the same kind of range as a warrior, which can reach up to, I believe, 1 block forward. This makes the class melee, and with the spells given, that would mean that you would rely heavily on your spells, what with your damage being at 3/5, and your first spell being a damage-based spell. If we assume the damage for the spell to be around 250%, as the archer's arrow storm spell does 300%, and this deals less damage than the archer , so we can safely take away 50% (I chose archer because it has the closest spell stats on the home page, except for mage, which doesn't have a damaging first spell). If we apply that percentage of damage to the highest damage normal item, which is the oak wood bow, it would deal around 13 - 33 damage, the normal damage per hit being 5-13. However, this is using the highest damage normal item, so we need to lower that damage per hit to approximately 3-6 damage. If we then multiply that by 2.5, the damage output is 8 - 15 damage. That means that the average is 12 damage, only 2 less than the damage assassin can deal with it's spin attack. It deals 2 damage less than a high damage class with a high damage spell. This problem is rather obvious, so the damage would have to be lowered. But if we lower it any more, then the spell will be rather pointless, as you are using around 5 mana to cast a spell that does pretty much the same damage you deal per hit. If the weapon has a normal attack speed, the player will be able to hit twice in the space of 1 second, meaning that in the time it takes for you to cast your spell, you could have dealt the same amount of damage for no mana cost. Now for the rest of the spells. The second spell we can only really try to calculate the distance travelled, so I'm going to leave that, but I will try to calculate the damages from the third and fourth spells, as they actually deal some damage.

Now starting on the third spell, I assume the damage to be 400%, (again) based off of the other classes' spells (you provided no information). Now if we multiply that damage by the damage of one of the highest dps weapons for level 21, we get around 4 - 220 damage from the cannon, with each shot. If we assume that the cannon stays active for 10 seconds, that is 10 seconds of constant damage with an average of 112 damage per hit. Of course, this is excluding any damage bonuses you might have from your armour or accessories, or even your weapon. At level 21, dealing 112 dps for 10 seconds for the cost of around 7 mana or so is far too powerful, especially for a class that is supposed to have more defence than it does damage. When you attack normally as well, the damage per hit will actually be 170dps for 10 seconds (the damage per hit for the weapon is 1 - 55)(once again, without any damage bonuses or critical chance). Then when you combo that with other spells, that will then be a grand total of around 254dps if you cast the first spell as well. At level 21, that is simply too powerful. Just for context, Garoth, from the Lost sanctuary dungeon, has 22800hp. With a simple combo, you would be able to kill him in around 89 seconds (1min 29secs). That may not seem that quick, but remember, you're not supposed to fight him, you are supposed to avoid him and instead kill the creepers to blow up the floor and drop him into the lava below.

Now for the fourth spell. This spell I would assume to deal 70% damage and stun enemies in a radius for around 1 second, as well as resetting the timer on your "cannon" back to 10 seconds. If we then find one of the highest dps weapons for level 31, I went with Glacial Crest, we then find that the damage from the spell will be around 35 - 60. This is a pretty high amount for something which then also heals back some of your health, stuns mobs, and resets you "cannon's" timer. We can safely assume for your heal to heal back around 10% of your max hp, as if it healed any more than that, it would be far too powerful, and any less, the heal function would be entirely useless. This would mean that with a fairly decent health build for level 31, the total health is ~1k. With a heal of 10%, you would be getting back ~100 health, as a side function.

The whole class is just a mash-up of other already existing classes. The lore doesn't fit, the spells are just slightly adjusted copies of other classes' spells, and it doesn't even have a weapon yet.

I generally hate the idea, as it is badly thought out, the spells already exist (for most of them), and the ones that don't are bad and are just mixtures of other spells. I also hate it when people try to make a class that is completely based off of things that are already in-game and are supposed to be that you can't use. I also don't like the stats you gave the class, not to mention the weapon which you didn't even come up with. I know that this does sound harsh. And yes, a lot of it does have a passive-aggressive tone. I am not trying to start an argument, these are my genuine thoughts, and I have actually done the maths, I'm not just coming up with random numbers to make you feel bad.

Again, I did warn you that this will have come across as rude, and I also apologise if I have misunderstood anything or misinterpreted it, in which case it has been explained even worse than the rest of your suggestion.

Also I've done more work on this class than you, and I'm against it. Just for context on how little work you actually put into this.

Sadly, i couldn't finish this today because it is 11:30pm, but tomorrow I will also add graphs to illustrate my points
    im not joking

Aiyria and Saya like this.
  10. EnderFlame1311

Minecraft:
    I’d... like to see those graphs?
    but yeah this was kind of a rough concept i guess. I like to keep the specifics up to the developers because they have done balancing before and they probably know better than I do. I just though an electro age would fit in lore wise.

11. Baby Poseidon

Baby Poseidon Self-Proclaimed Idiot

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    sorry, graphs just won't upload :(

i tried with one for a test, but it didn't work

12. WilliamLin5

WilliamLin5 Skilled Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I think for class suggestions, new classes with new mechanics and not classes that are smilies (archmage, babarian). If you say Barbarian does more damage than defense, you cna do that with builds. We need new classes with new mechanics that makes it unique than other classes, like the totem things with shaman, mage heals and pierce with his attack, assassin can turn invis. If we are looking for more different types of spells, we could add a idea for new spells and have a spell book that equips them. All I’m saying is we need class suggestions that are different from the current ones. For example, warlord, Barbarian, Paladin, Ranger, archmage, electro mage, cleric, medic are pretty similar. Classes I think Right now that would be different is the bard and summoner class.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.