1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Allow Mythics To Be Transferred To The Bank As Ironman

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Torpid, Feb 3, 2020.

Tags:
?

Do you support this?

1. Yeey

46 vote(s)
    74.2%
  2. nope

4 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. That one guy with the alien pfp already made one of these

12 vote(s)
    19.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Torpid

Torpid Alkatraz is underrated HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Something not many players will every accomplish in their time in Wynn is acquiring a Mythic. I am very sorry for anyone that ever gets a Mythic as an Ironman player, and i want this to be changed.

This will not apply to anything else, just the once exception that Mythics can be transferred to the bank as Ironman. People are legitimately worried that they might get a Mythic as an Ironman player, discouraging them from using a feature.

I think that there should be this one exception for those poor souls.

Nivla, Son_Omega_Dan and That_Chudley like this.
  2. Mox gang uwu

Mox gang uwu uwo owu HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Why not just all weapons? It's not fair to keep it exclusive to only Mythics.

3. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

Legendaries and Fableds are no where near as much in value as Mythics, so if open trade to all weapons was a thing it could be abused

TrapinchO likes this.
  4. Mox gang uwu

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Then why shouldn't Mythics be included?

5. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

Mythics are incredibly rare and valuable and people shouldn't be prevented from using the gamemode out of fear they'll get a unusable Mythic

6. Mox gang uwu

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    How would the system be abused with all tiers of items as opposed to just one? I have yet to see how.

7. oinuk

oinuk volcano spell :relaxed:

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    *sees poll*
    wait, me?
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/ironman-item-to-bank.262473/

but yeah, i fully support being able to send mythics out of ironman
    it doesnt benefit the ironman class at all, but it doesnt make you want to quit wynn forever, either

TrapinchO and ll like this.
  8. Droger

Droger Self proclaimed "Dungeon Master" VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Its the point of the Gamemode, not gonna happen probably

9. ll

ll Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    The point of the gamemode is to limit your class to a particular inventory, this would not effect that.

JaydonTheWarrior likes this.
  10. Droger

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Its the nature of the gamemode to play alone, only that class, things you get on that class should stay on the class, youre just unfortunate if you get a mythic on there . THIS IS AN OPINION

ExertKarma and ll like this.
  11. oinuk

oinuk volcano spell :relaxed:

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yeah, its obviously an opinion because facts cant be wrong
    FEAR OF FINDING A MYTHIC should NOT be a reason to avoid a challenge

12. pooma

pooma Noob HERO

Minecraft:
    If you make a decision yourself to play a character which cannot trade or store items, you should understand already that it includes mythic items.

I don't think Ironman mode characters should be able to store mythic items. Something else I'd like to point out is that if you're playing an Ironman mode character, isn't the goal to get as strong as possible from solely your own drops? If that is the case, then finding a mythic item is part of that process. If it's one you can't use, so be it. You may blacksmith it.

There isn't really a good alternative to this suggestion because even if you could blacksmith a mythic item for a considerable amount more on an Ironman mode character, you still wouldn't be able to move those emeralds to another character. However, that seem's like the best option. Another possibility is letting Ironman characters exchange mythic item's for any other mythic item of their choice. This would also cost emeralds as to make sure it's not a case of you find one mythic and instantly have them all readily available.

Droger, ExertKarma and PatheticFlower like this.
  13. Epicness937

Epicness937 Thesead water god. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I just want to put this thought here. Basically everyone who is against this doesn't play ironman so I want to ask you this. What would you do if this happened to you. You got lucky/unlucky enough to find a mythic you may not be able to use and cannot sell. What would you do? Most wynn players dream of finding mythics and making tons of money off them. I can tell you if you would say "I would not be at all annoyed at finding a mythic on ironman" then you are full of shit. I'm not arguing you should be able to transfer all items out but in a game that already is struggling to keep endgame players why would you want to have one more bullshit mechanic to make players who happen to get unlucky get sent over the edge and quit. I can tell you one thing for sure and that is I know damn well that if I found a mythic on an ironman class id quit for a considerable amount of time if not forever.

14. Casparof

Casparof mythic counter: 2 HERO

Minecraft:
    Should be able but inly when your like lvl 103 or somthing idk

15. FadeDave

FadeDave Fading away... HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Imagine: you're a warrior and you see a mythic in a chest while lootrunning. You take it to an identifier. Its a nulli. Your joy goes away, and you contemplate your life choices on choosing to play in ironman mode. You cant trade it, sell it, use it, but it would be worth a lot of emeralds. I +1 this thread.

btdmaster and Epicness937 like this.
  16. Mox gang uwu

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I just don't see why only Mythics though.

17. Epicness937

Epicness937 Thesead water god. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The game mode is meant to be isolated. While I personally don't see much of a problem with that I can understand the argument against it. U was specifically talking about mythics because arguing against that legimently pisses me off.

18. ExertKarma

ExertKarma Still Nii Grinding HERO Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah I'm gonna have to disagree with this suggestion. I don't see how it's reasonable to defeat the purpose of the ironman challenge, just because of a very "unlucky lucky" mythic find... By choosing to play ironman, you should go into it knowing full well that you are losing a class's worth of le and items, for instead a unique challenge. For anyone who doesn't play ironman because you're worried you'll find a useless mythic on it, all I can say is that that doesn't make any sense at all. Finding a useless mythic is no different than not finding any mythic at all, and if you happen to get one, you can either keep it as a small token for fun, or record a video of you selling a mythic to a blacksmith. I can understand that if you got it as your first mythic, it could be very disappointing, but having found a mythic on ironman doesn't change any chances at all for finding another on a different class.

IF a "deposit" system were to be implemented, my suggestion would be that if you decided to deposit an item, you are also quitting the challenge. And as a result, your ironman chat icon should be grayed out (like the gray hardcore icon).

And as a side note, I have played ironman on my hic class (which is level 90), and even though I don't have a mythic on it, I've had my fair share of items which would be great to transfer over, but knowing I can't is perfectly fair and it's part of the challenge I wanted to try.

Yea this kinda sounded more aggressive than I intended lol but I really wanted to get my opinion out there.

19. Droger

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Why even lootrun on an Ironman?? You can't even sell anything. Most people play crafted aswell anyway.

And as I said, in my opinion, you choose to play this game mode with all restrictions involved. Just because you find a mythic you shouldn't be able to change the rules.

ExertKarma likes this.
  20. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Jumla Is best dad. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm not sure how this makes sense. when it comes to iron man classes, this effectively just adds the ability to remove an item, which you can already do just by dropping it. This suggestion doesn't affect the actual class in the slightest. My iron man class gains ZERO benefit from this suggestion. None, at all. This suggestion only gives benefit to my other classes, none of which toke the iron man challenge.

So forgive me when I say I don't understand how this could affect the purpose.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    ll, Epicness937 and oinuk like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.