1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics adjust late/endgame elemental defense values on mobs

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by highbread, Jul 22, 2021 at 12:29 AM.

?

agree?

1. yeah

100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. highbread

highbread highbread HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    as we all know, the str/dex changes that came with 1.20.3 consequently reduced weapon base damage in the late and endgame.

now, this is all fine and dandy, except for a bit of an issue that's been irking me

due to the decreases in base damage, elemental defenses and weaknesses on mobs are much, much more potent (comparatively), to the point where i can't deal any thunder damage to those domesticated kanters in lutho (the ones with thunder defense) while using etw thrundacrack.

this also leads to situations in LI, where i can use a level 42 super fast wand i powdered w1-a1 to deal tons of damage by abusing elemental weaknesses, much more than before.

the change i suggest is fairly simple--for each level above 70 (and not above 100) that a mob is intended to be fought at, reduce the elemental defenses/weaknesses of that mob by 1 percent. for example, a level 80 mob would get its defenses/weaknesses reduced by 10%, while all of the LI bosses would take a 25% hit.
    this change follows the exact same reduction that was done to weapons, and should balance it quite well.

thanks.