1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Website & Forums Add Anti-necroposting Measures To Threads

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Da Homeboi, Apr 6, 2021.

Tags:
?

Should Anti-Necroposting measures be put into place?

1. Yes, for both Autolock and Warning Box

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Yes, for Autolock only

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, for Warning Box only

13 vote(s)
    65.0%
  4. Yes, but in a way different to these

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No, idrc about Necroposting

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi custom titles are cringe

Minecraft:
    Recently, there has been somewhat of a rise in Necroposting, which is commenting on a thread after a while of inactivity. The reason why this is often looked down upon is that it brings old, irrelevant conversations to the top of the forums.

Now, I am very certain that a large majority of necroposts nowadays are not done to troll, but are instead done by people that don't really know what Necroposting is.

My main suggestion is to add a Warning Box above the place where you put your reply, saying that you should not post here because of 30 days of inactivity. There will also be a box you have to tick as well before posting to know that you do indeed know you are necroing, it's just for a relevant conversation to a thread that is still relevant.

I also don't know if an Auto-lock option could be added when posting a thread, where the thread auto-locks itself after 30 days of inactivity to prevent any necros.

Leave your thoughts on this in the replies.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  2. alexphilgab

alexphilgab The Godsent CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I dont really think necroposting is bad if its done well (not for trolling) If someone wants to bring back a good thread its great because it will prevent other to suggest or talk about something that as already been done, also necroposting a good thread will give the opportunity to people who skipped the thread to see it.

3. Potatomancer

Potatomancer Make agility great again

Minecraft:
    Yeah, but the majority of necroed posts are old and irrelevant. So maybe just adding the warning box in to discourage the stuff and if a thread does get necroed its the staffs choice wether or not to lock it.

ditsario and alexphilgab like this.
  4. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    threads already get locked automatically after some time, I dont think we need more than that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.