1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Add A Launch When You Jump Onto A Mob Similar To Smash Bros

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Nachos, Apr 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kojirobin

kojirobin ♧ the local (broke) emerald dealer VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I agree, it's just: unnecessary, unfitting, and kind of game-breaking

2. StormKing3

StormKing3 Famous Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    He can make a suggestion whenever he wants. New or not

Pokextreme likes this.
  3. kojirobin

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes he can but it doesn't mean it is a helpful or good suggestion. Or that it fits the game.

Making this inspired from another game doesn't make it a better idea.

4. StormKing3

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    He didn't make anything. He took inspiration from another game. So I am unsure what you mean

kojirobin likes this.
  5. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    He is saying that just because that a feature from a different game is taken from wont make it good in another game.

kojirobin likes this.
  6. kojirobin

Guild:
    Minecraft:

7. StormKing3

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    But he didn't make it, did he.

kojirobin likes this.
  8. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I do not know what you do not get.

Yes he did not make it it however....

Just because someone else made it for another game wont make it good for this game.

kojirobin likes this.
  9. StormKing3

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh no, I don't think it will be good at all. I was just trying to make a point by saying that it doesn't matter how new somone is, they can still suggest ideas.
    Good or bad.

kojirobin likes this.
  10. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Look at the bolded underlined text. That person said he could make it but it doesnt mean that suggestion will be good.

kojirobin likes this.
  11. StormKing3

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Firstly "bolded" is not a word. Bold cannot be used as a verb. You are now going to look it up and go "aha, it is a word". But I'm here to inform you that you're incorrect and it is not:
    https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/47470/is-bolded-a-word

Secondly on to the "bolded" underlined text you waffled on about, I shall not even bother to attempt to explain anymore the difference between making something and taking inspiration from something.

12. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Uh? This isn't a grammar argument. No one gives a crap. Don't change the subject.

Two, that's just playing ignorance/stupid that the person answered your question was right and you said "NO THEY ARE WRONG AND IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THEN YOU DUMB."

But yeah, I'm done because here's a quote...

upload_2019-5-4_16-7-23.png

Yeah, this sums up basically every scuffle I've been in with you.

kojirobin and Tsukiji like this.
  13. StormKing3

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    *you're
    *ignorant
    *you forgot the colon after said
    *By saying becuase and then giving some smart-arse quote isn't proving anything

Come back when you get a 9 in your English language GCSE, my good fellow.

14. Tsukiji

Tsukiji Basking in nostalgia

Order should be:
    to stay in the order that each correction shows up in the original passage.
    Change sentence to:
    • Saying "because" and then giving some smart-arse quote isn't proving anything.
    • By saying because and then giving some smart-arse quote you don't prove anything.
    to be grammatically correct.
    I believe that the correct spelling of the word is "because."
    I believe that the number 9 should be spelled out in this sentence.
    Note: I'm keeping the number as a numeral in my sentence to keep it clear to the readers as to what I'm referring to in the originl passage.
    1. This is an online forums for a game. I don't want to have the stress of writing an English paper each time I want to say something. There's a thing called "slang" and I like to use it when I type online to a gaming forum.
    2. Oh no. I just searched online and nine is the highest score for an English exam in the UK. Too bad English is my second language and I don't live nor plan to move to the UK. I guess my words don't matter here due to my improper English. See you all later, I'm leaving this forum until I get a 9 on the exam. /s (This is something I saw people use on other posts to show that they were sarcastic)
    -----
    I have digressed from Nachos' original thread.
    My apologies. (Also, this is a direct stab towards StormKing, as their post strays from the subject in the thread to focus on H0Y's improper usage of the English language.)
    -----
    What does knowing the difference between the two have to do with the message you quoted? H0Y was pointing out that besson was fine with anything being suggested.
    In fact, you said the exact same thing besson did later on.
    I would agree with both of these. Yes people can suggest whatever and whenever they want. I would love that actually, since we would be able to get the point of view of both lower and higher leveled players. However, just because I love that things are being suggested, doesn't mean that I think the idea is good.
    -----
    I'll ignore the first suggestion for the "fix" that the thread creator made in a later post.
    To make this fair, all the other classes need to get something.
    Secondly, is there a way to turn this off? Or are you forced to jump and use up mana if you land on an enemy's head? Having my mana taken away after two or three accidental jumps would annoy me.
    Thirdly, this suggestion needs to go more in details. How far up would you jump, for one? (Would it be a normal extra jump or a bounce depending on speed?)
    -----
    All in all, I wouldn't want this added into the game.

Note: This passage was typed by a second language speaker who can barely see their mobile device in the dark (Which is exactly what I'm doing right now).

JaydonTheWarrior likes this.
  15. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I do what you do now and that's not good for your eyes. Also.....

16. kojirobin

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You perfectly understood what he meant (?) and when you saw that I actually said he could suggest suggestions the only thing you could reside to was grammar corrections. Dude, if you see that you were wrong, you should tell others it makes sense or that you understood that you're wrong. No need to fix grammar mistakes.

No one is going to hate on you because you were wrong. This is supposed to be a calm discussion/argument.

fgs
    We should also bear in mind that this is absolutely not targeted to the thread OP, because suggestions are for giving feedback, and what I said throughout this thread was general information about the suggestions. (Anyone can make a thread, but those threads may not be fitting how the game or the forums work. [aka some suggestions & shitposting, which this one is the former]).

How does this not make it inspired? It is clear that he elaborated on a feature SSB has, and tried to bring it into Wynncraft.

And my argument here was that Wynncraft is rather a standalone server, although some other-game-additions could be implemented, but this one in my opinion does not fit the server at all. (Especially only with Assassin having it.)
    Like I inferred to in my first message ("didn't know skeletons were bouncy") this idea clearly does not fit in gameplay, since there are thousands of different mobs in game, and some are skeletons, dragons, floating mobs etc. And having a double jump to their mobs would not be helpful, and necessary.
    Something just can't be an 'assassin thing to do' because if you implemented that feature to a specific class then the other classes would need something of the similar side or something that would complement it to accompany that spell, mechanic, whatever it's supposed to be. (It drains mana and the only things that do is -mpr, spells and sprint.)

That's all I have to say for now. I tried to be as explanatory as possible to fellow forum users and also the OP themselves.

Tsukiji likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.