1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

A New Class Suggestion, The Warlock

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by StormDragon4, Jan 8, 2021.

?

Does this class fit Wynncraft?

1. Yes!

69.0%
  2. No (Why?)

13.8%
  3. Maybe with changes (Why?)

17.2%
  1. StormDragon4

StormDragon4 Assassin main HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The Warlock
    The Warlock is a powerful magic user who uses the power of curses to aid them in combat. They are able to dish out a good amount of damage but requires being close to your opponents without much means of defense.

Now I know going into this that a new class won’t be getting added soon but there will most certainly be another class added at some point.

That new class I believe needs to fit 4 criteria.

1. Have a unique playstyle

2. Have a melee attack, but have it be different than assassin/warrior. (This suggestion maybe isn’t the best for this one)

3. Use weaponsmithing.

4. Not be insanely OP on launch (I’m looking at you Shaman)

While the warlock may not be the best class for these criteria I believe that whatever class we do get should be close to this.

Warlocks fight with emblems. The range on the weapon is identical to warrior and the weapon itself is a circular symbol in each hand. (Think of Doctor Strange) The attack is a two attack burst each dealing 50% damage and having half the chance of triggering ls, ms, and stealing. (Like with shamans beams).

Emblems are crafted on the weaponsmithing tables with 2 oil 1 ingot

Stats: Damage: 4 (Archer/warrior)

Range: 2 (Warrior)

Defence: 3 (Mage)

Spells: 4 (Shaman)

Difficulty: * *

The reskin class is the Inquisitor and is unlocked with HERO+. The main colours of your spells go from purple, red, and black to white, green, and yellow.

Spell 1: Hex (R-L-R)
    Reskin: Holy Judgement

Tier 1 (lvl 1): cost: 6 - Duration: 5 seconds - AOE: 5 block radius

Lowers enemies defence by 15%.

+Enthrall: Hold shift while casting to pull enemies towards you 3 blocks

Tier 2 (lvl 16): Cost: 6 - Duration: 7 seconds - Defence penalty: 20% - AOE: 6 block radius

+Weakening Aura: Affected enemies deal 10% less damage

Tier 3 (lvl 36): Cost: 6 - Duration: 10 seconds - Defence penalty: 20 - Weakness: 15% - AOE: 7 block radius - 5% air - 5% water - Enthrall: 4 blocks

+Cursed Symbol: Enemies take 80% damage over the duration (8% per second)

Hex is a warlock's primary spell. It does stack with Curse and Power Siphon but multiple curses don’t stack debuffs, only damage. This spell is intended to allow a way to boost you and your allies damage while keeping it separate from spells like warscream. It is a setup spell to go with later spells. The new enthrall ability can allow you to keep enemies close in melee range and give more utility to the spell.

Visual: Purple stained glass breaking on caster and purple particles at the edge of the radius and swirling around hexed mobs.

Spell 2: Rift (R-R-R)
    Reskin: Divine Gateway

Tier 1 (lvl 11): Cost: 4 - Range: 20 blocks any direction

Target a location by looking at it and teleport to it after 1 second. After warping, hold shift to slow fall.

Tier 2 (lvl 26): Cost: 4 - Range: 20 blocks

+Sneak attack: deal 30% increased damage after warping for 4 seconds

Tier 3 (lvl 46): Cost: 4 - Range: 20 blocks

+Shielding Rift: 10% defence boost for 4 seconds

Rift is warlock's movement spell. The delay is intended to prevent it from being spammed and the defence upgrade is intended to help with warlock's low defence for a melee class. (Assassin has spin attack and vanish to help along with a better base. Warrior has Warscream, charge, and the best base.)

Visual: A red particle target similar to the ones used for Blue meteor in ???.

Spell 3: Mark of Execution (R-L-L)
    Reskin: Wrath of God

Credit to @Candras

Tier 1 (lvl 21): Cost: 8 - Duration: 5 seconds - Total Damage: 280% (56% per hit, 1 hit per second) - 15% fire - 5% Thunder

Target a mob which takes massive damage over a period of time.

Tier 2 (lvl 36): Cost: 8 - Duration: 5 seconds - Total Damage: 260% (52% per hit, 1 hit per second) - 20% fire - 5% thunder

+Spreading Influence: Enemies within 5 blocks of your cursed target upon casting recieve a mark dealing 120% total damage over 5 seconds.

Tier 3 (lvl 56): Cost: 8 - Duration: 5 seconds - Total damage: 270% (54% per hit, 1 hit per second) - 20% fire - 10% thunder

+Layered Curse: Casting on an already cursed target increases the duration by 1 second and the potency by 5%

This is warlock’s damage spell. It puts a heavy damage over time affect on the target. These numbers may be a little high when stacked with hex and power siphon

Visual: Black particles shoot out towards the target and swarm around all cursed enemies. The bigger the curse the more particles.

Spell 4: Power Siphon (R-R-L)
    Reskin: Involuntary Donation

Tier 1 (lvl 31): Cost: 7 - Damage: 50% - 15% water - duration: 5 seconds

+Strength Sap: Mobs hit deal 5% less damage. You deal 5% increased damage per mob hit. Stacking up to 3 times.

You target an area in front of you that is the same size as uppercut. All mobs in that area are damaged. You can apply the curse part to all of the mobs but you can only get the buff 3 times.

Tier 2 (lvl 46): Cost: 7 - Damage: 50% - 15% water - 5% thunder - Duration: 5 seconds.

+Mana Surge: every other next mana regen tick regens one more. Stacking three times.

+1, normal, +1, normal, +1. That’s the max you can hit without major id’s

Tier 3 (lvl 66): Cost: 7 - Damage: 55% - 15% water - 5% thunder - Duration: 5 seconds.

+Momentum Shift: Mobs hit move 20% slower. Increase movement speed by 20% per mob hit stacking up to 3 times.

The stacking thing means that each mob you hit will suffer the penalty but hitting 3+ mobs will act as hitting 3. The mana regen is a way to give a class natural mana sustain. Though it may be too strong.

Visual: Red particle stream hitting the mobs, like warscreams projectile.

+Unstable fissure: After warping using rift explode dealing 120% to nearby mobs and 45% damage to yourself (the damage to you is unavoidable and not affected by defence)
    Items currently on: Paroxysm

+Eternal Curse: Power Siphon stack limit becomes 4
    Items currently on: The Cursed
    I used spears as the base because they have the same base damage and range.
    https://wynndata.tk/ci/595296907
    The Cursed. Obtained at the Eldritch Outlook for 3x the eye's pupils. Has the Eternal Curse major ID

https://wynndata.tk/ci/785642391
    Decayed. Purchased from Decrepit sewers for 1 witherhead rib

Mythics
    Just so we're clear I have never used a mythic weapon before so take these stats with a grain of salt.

Exchange: Drops in all types of loot chests and nearby leveled mobs.
    https://wynndata.tk/ci/781529384
    Lore: “The art of Shamanism says that you can’t make something from nothing. This analogy has spread even to other kinds of magical practices. Historically Warlocks have experimented with combining shamanism with their hex magic, though all that came out of it was this emblem
    The point of this was to make a lower level rainbow mythic. My idea was it takes something to get something. -ms = mr, -main attack % = main attack raw, ect.

Hurricane Walker: Drops in all types of loot chests and nearby leveled mobs.
    https://wynndata.tk/ci/565702633
    Lore: "These emblems were created by the avo in an attempt to explore the oceans nearby. However once the waters calmed they became obsolete and lost to time. Though the power once held inside is still very, very powerful in the right hands.
    We currently don't have an air mythic with sprint or sprint regen despite those being very fitting stats.

Runestones: Drops in all types of loot chests and nearby leveled mobs.
    https://wynndata.tk/ci/664744385
    Lore: “Ancient letters cover these emblems, their meaning unknown to all. It is said that these emblems were crafted by the first warlock, and only usable by the best.”
    Spell mythic. wanted to lower all but 4th spell. Original intention was because of Power Siphons original healing power but I still think it fits.

Nature’s Blessing: Drops in all types of loot chests and nearby leveled mobs.
    https://wynndata.tk/ci/989803621
    Lore: The ability to become one with nature is one that many seek. Being nature itself, that is true power. One that very few are able to achieve.
    We need more earth spell mythics. This one feels a little too similar to other mythics but whatever.

Petabyte: drops in all loot chests and nearby leveled mobs
    https://www.wynndata.tk/ci/162568371
    Lore: The greatest weapon made by the brilliant Cerid. These emblems are feared for their ability to make their wielder all powerful and one with electromagic. This can turn even the weakest of beings, into the most powerful of combatants.
    Spell thunder mythic. Kinda basic but I like it.

Paroxysm: Drops in all loot chests and nearby leveled mobs. Has Unstable Fissure Major ID
    https://wynndata.tk/ci/379475106
    Lore: These emblems were buried deep in the canyon of the lost by the high Gavillian government. Though not to protect those who would be attacked by it, but to protect those who would seek to wield it.
    Went for the high level rainbow mythic to have a major id, wanted that to be unique compared to other rainbow mythics.

Hemophobia: Drops in all loot chests and nearby leveled mobs
    https://wynndata.tk/ci/153583189
    Lore: Crafted by an ancient warlock who seeked immortality but was abruptly murdered by pirates as he finished forging the final piece. The pirates cast it aside seeing no use for it, but unbeknownst to them all, the warlock was successful.
    I wanted to make a weapon based off of a phobia so here it is. Hemophobia is the fear of blood.

So there’s my class suggestion. Please make any suggestions for edits besides just “oH yOu CaN’t MaKe A cLaSs SuGgEsTiOn BeCaUsE It’ll NeVeR Be AdDeD." Thank you for reading my suggestion.

Also I probably am not the best at balancing things so don't get mad because of numbers and just suggest better ones

2021-01-10 12:33PM: Added enthrall ability to hex.
    2021-01-10 9:15pm: Added Exchange and Hurricane Walker mythics
    2021-01-11 7:47pm increased power siphon damage, removed healing. Gave the mana surge ability and moved strength sap to T1.
    2021-01-12 9:54pm Added Runestones mythic
    2021-01-12 10:16pm Added Nature's Blessing mythic
    2021-02-7 2:48 pm Added Peroxysm, Petabyte, and Hemophobia mythics. Gave T2 and T3 power siphon 5% thunder
    2021-02-08 4:43pm added Inquisitor reskin
    2021-02-8 10:46pm Fixed some spelling/grammar mistakes I somehow didn’t notice
    2021-02-9 10:51 am lowered power siphon base to 50-50-55

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  2. TrapinchO

TrapinchO Editing the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Looks great!

You really want the "class" prefix, don't you...

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    starx280 and StormDragon4 like this.
  3. pesto

pesto Can has cookie? HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The first time I've replied on a class suggestion and I'd say this looks awesome! I like that the warlock isn't ranged like mage class and instead is close range like warrior (that and kudos for making their weapon crafting happen at the smithing station)
    However, if you're not sure what to change the third spell to, I'd suggest something like a disabling spell. Don't know exactly what but I'd say we need some sort of disabler in-game.

starx280 and StormDragon4 like this.
  4. StormDragon4

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The issue with that is 3rd spell needs to be a heavy hitting damage spell. I considered fireball at first but it ended up being just a worse meteor and bomb arrow.

pesto likes this.
  5. Candras

Candras Travelled Adventurer

There's no real damage imo in the class, Hex is utility, 3rd spell would be the damage but it doesn't really fit the class. 4th spell could be your aoe spell though too so spell 3 should be the high single target damage spell. Maybe something like:

Mark of Execution cost 8

Damage 400% 30% air 15% water

1. Afflict the target with a curse that causes them to take huge damage after a delay of 2 secs
    2. If the curse kills an enemy, cause surrounding mobs to take 30% of the damage taken by the target.
    3. Layered Curses: If target is already cursed, increase the damage by 20%

just as an example.

6. pesto

pesto Can has cookie? HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Fair enough lmao
    I do like to do some good damage.. Oh well. Just a thought

starx280 likes this.
  7. RandomJukebox

RandomJukebox gamer with extra cheese VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    only class suggestion I haven't instantly downvoted

8. StormDragon4

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    EDIT: Changed 3rd spell to Mark of execution

This would work for another class that I'm working on

pesto likes this.
  9. dr_carlos

dr_carlos Morph Gang!

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Actually a pretty good class, suggestion.
    The only thing it's missing is a Wynncraft Systematic Recreation (TM)

10. StormDragon4

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That’s where you make it with commands right? If so I’m to clueless to even attempt that.

starx280 and Ankarin like this.
  11. Ankarin

Ankarin Bad profile post guy CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i can personally relate to this
    i can barely do anything past the most basic commands with command blocks without google or forums

12. dr_carlos

dr_carlos Morph Gang!

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, I'm pretty good at using command blocks, but I couldn't make a recreation.
    The best I can do is write plugins and mods.

starx280, StormDragon4 and Ankarin like this.
  13. Aemor

Aemor Skilled Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I dont think something like this would ever be implemented in the game, Salted once said he doesnt like spells like: +50% Melee Attack for 30 seconds. Every spell should have a physical thing

14. StormDragon4

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Tier 3 does deal damage. and it isn't anywhere near 50% or 30s. You will be needing to refresh this every 10 seconds and it's primary purpose is to make you take less damage and deal more damage, allowing for you to better combo your Mark of execution and power siphons and not get bullied as a melee class with the base defense of a mage. Also warscream is exactly what you said shouldn't be added except it's 4 minutes instead of 30s.
    EDIT: Also I like spells that can be effective outside of spell builds like vanish, heal, and warscream.

AlleonVera likes this.
  15. Aemor

Aemor Skilled Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well yeah that was just an example, the first 2 tiers still just give a buff and nothing else which is very unlikely to be added is what i was trying to say.

Spells like War Scream do a spell and give buffs additionally. War Scream pushing Mobs away when casted is what makes it different, same with Escape and Vanish

16. StormDragon4

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I will work on adding something a little extra to the spell to make it more viable.

17. StormDragon4

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    EDIT: I've added a changelog where I will put further edits and also changed hex a bit. Working on making some Mythics for the class rn.

18. StormDragon4

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bumping. More feedback is always appreciated.

19. Purple Pope I

Purple Pope I *:^)=Immortal=(^:* CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Why change perfection.

Onto destroying suggestions:

So slowing down the enemy and speeding yourself up? It's basically the same as 50% slow on the enemy, but it's worse because if you have walk speed buffs that'll scale with your speed. So ew. I do think the idea is very fresh thou.

We already have two healing classes, why does the Warlock need a heal as well? I mean you made 'em pretty killy and has a quite a few debuffs for decreasing enemy damage and defense. Would recommend axing the heal and changing it to a mana granting spell (A slow one) that still does all it's affects and doesn't pay for itself or make the health value max out at somepoint. Making a "I can do everything class" is kinda op and isn't that interesting, you don't need to plan like "oh, I'm gonna fight this boss, but he has tons of resistances and I can't output damage as a mage... I can survive his attacks for forever, but..." Or "I can damage him, but I can't heal so I need pots and to think about my plan and/or I need to get a healer."

Right not just seems kinda, "I do it by myself for myself."

Lastly, I'm not sure I understand. Does this spell do damage? If so, how much? Is it just based off your weapon's damage? Or I just missed the part where you talk damage just point me in the direction, thanks

tl;dr

Not bad, but could improve

starx280, TrapinchO and StormDragon4 like this.
  20. StormDragon4

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    it’s a damage over time effect that deals 80% total damage. ( like how meteor does 500% damage)

I’m writing this very quickly so I’ll deal with power siphon later

Might of fixed it now but the mana regen feels off.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    starx280 likes this.