1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

A Few Ideas For Profs

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Samsam101, Mar 28, 2021.

?

Which ideas are good/balanced?

1. Gathering minigame

36.8%
  2. Blueprints

73.7%
  3. Major Essence

21.1%
  4. Some of these are good but need balancing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. None of them

10.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samsam101

Samsam101 PLEASE RNGesus PLEASE bless me with the mage hat!! CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I have a few (unrealistic) ideas for profession stuff that i want to share

Gathering right now is just ''click, wait, click, wait, etc''. It's incredibly boring and nobody likes doing it. The feature I will suggest here is a very unrealistic one, but it would solve this problem

Doing /toggle gatheringminigame (on by default) would make it so that whenever you gather materials from professions, a little undertale-style minigame is initiated. You are teleported into an area where you control a respective gathering tool with the WASD keys to avoid materials that have attack patterns. Depending on the tier of the tool, you would have to survive for less time. The less damage you take, the more materials, EXP, and refine chance you get. If you run out of health, the refining fails. Now gathering doesn't depend on RNG and how hard you grind, but instead on skill. It's toggled because some people may still prefer the old system.

This would make profs enjoyable for some people, and may even make people WANT to do some gathering. There could even be special gathering nodes that have harder minigames and longer survival times, but give rarer and better resources

Some special bosses around the map could rarely drop crafting blueprints that allow you to craft special items. The GUI for Woodworking, Weaponsmithing, Leatherworking and Armouring would gain an extra slot for them.

extraslot.PNG
    (under the slot for oil, string and wood. could be paper shaped instead)

The blueprint would tell you:

The name of the item it can craft
    The materials it needs (both t3)
    The ingredients it needs

Crafting the item with the blueprint would give better stats than crafting it without the blueprint would, and it would get a special item tier between Legendary/Fabled and Mythic in terms of quality called ''Forged''. The items would still have durability because it would be too easy to play a crafted playthrough if your crafted weapon has infinite durability. Some of these items could even have major IDs, but my next idea is better for that IMO.

Also the items would have special names instead of ''Lame twig of amogus'' and would not be renamable, signable or relorable.

On Mage Island, there would be an NPC called the ''Essence Extractor'. For a large amount of money, you can take an item with a major ID and destroy it in exchange for 1 ''Major Essence''. Depending on how good the major ID is, the extraction would cost more. Major Essence is an ingredient and thus takes up a slot for that, however using it guarantees 90-100% crafted item quality so you won't scrap a mythic just to get a terrible crafted item (i actually don't know if crafted items vary in quality and from the crafting i've done that seems to be the case, i could be wrong though)

Extracting from mythics would cost like 32 LE because having Roving Assassin and stuff on custom items seems a little OP to me

If this is unbalanced then please tell me because i don't do profs that much

2. Potatomancer

Potatomancer There is no war within Fruman Walls

Minecraft:
    CARP SANS

BOTTOM TEXT

starx280, fishcute, Bwitty03 and 3 others like this.
  3. FrozenEarth

FrozenEarth Wiki Manager VIP+

Minecraft:
    Discoverable recipe blueprints sounds like an interesting mix of gathering/slay mobs miniquests with a strong item reward at the end. Though, depending on the design it might take a lot of traveling just to get some synergistic ingredients. I think it's a great idea, though, with strong opportunities for flavor and lore too.

4. ron111701

ron111701 profs are fun i promise CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    gatherings are relaxing, i like them

Dream likes this.
  5. Samsam101

Samsam101 PLEASE RNGesus PLEASE bless me with the mage hat!! CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    which is why it would be toggled

6. Azu

Azu A-mage-ing

Guild:
    I oftentimes feel lost crafting in Wynn, and wonder if the items I'm creating are any good- blueprints sound like a fantastic idea, though some should drop that outline power recipes at all levels!
    These common blueprints would somewhat consistently drop from all mobs, and would give you outlines for items that follow certain themes. This would help introduce new Players to the world of crafting, how ingredients interact with one another, how durability functions, and what crafted items you should aim for!

FrozenEarth and StormDragon4 like this.
  7. MatForYoga888

MatForYoga888 High Gavellian Transcriber

Minecraft:
    Gudgeon Undyne

Potatomancer likes this.
  8. Bogdan172

Bogdan172 Profession Tryhard

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Here's my feedback. I used spoiler so I don't post wall of text.

I don't really think gathering right now needs many changes as it is pretty fine as it is. It's supposed to be relaxing and we should keep it that way imo. Yes, the toggle feature can allow to chose whether or not you play the minigame, but it feels like too much effort for something that is supposed to take a lot of time. If I were to add any gathering minigame of sorts, I would add something similar to what Minescape has where a hologram (text) appears near the node and if you hover over it you get extra xp.

The idea of having recipes dropped by mobs or bosses is REALLY good. As frozen said, it mixes gathering and slaying really nicely. Fun ways in which you could get these could be raids, dungeons, buying from certain npcs from secret areas or that are locked behind quests etc.

I disagree with having major ID's on crafted items. Crafted items already gave superior stats to regular items (for the most part); giving them major ID's would further increase their power (provided dura gets fixed). Imagine having a crafted spring with sorcery. And no, paying tons of emeralds shouldn't give you access to unbalanced items that outclass even the best items in the game by miles. Crafted items are supposed to be stronger than even mythics yes, but this is a bit too much.

Also there is no profession called "Leatherworking" in the game mister Warcraft of World. The prof you were most likely reffering to is Tailoring.

9. ron111701

ron111701 profs are fun i promise CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    e guess i cant read lmfao

blueprints sound pretty pog tho i gotta say

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.