1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

2 New Gamemodes

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by boboyuan, Jun 23, 2020.

1. boboyuan

boboyuan Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Hello Community,
    I'm coming with new gamemodes today. Wynncraft have 4 gamemodes (HICH or HHIC), but I think Wynncraft could add 2 new gamemodes, which gives Wynncraft even more challenge:

1. Speedrun mode:
    Let's make speedrun a thing. You get permanent dxp, but you will not profit from dxp weekend, so it enables speedrunning Wynncraft in not-dxp-Weekends. To prevent abuse, I suggest two debuffs running this mode:
    1. remove some quests:
    To prevent farming le with this mode by just levelling up with txp and doing some high-emerald quests, I suggest to disable this quests (like a ultimate weapon, tower of ascension, masterpiece) for this gamemode.
    2.lb and lq cap:
    Another way to abuse it is to quickly level up to 105 and then lootrun with this account. So I'll be capping lb to e.g. 30% and lq to 5%. This makes levelling those accounts for lootrunning proposes not worth.
    2. No buff mode:
    This can be used with every gamemode to make the game even harder. First it removes all buffs (not debuffs) from all gamemodes (hunted and speedrun), and let you NOT profit from ANY bombs you and somebody else have thrown and dxp weekends, meaning you are permanently single xp and single prof xp mode.

I hope to see this gamemodes sometimes later in wynn (maybe under other names), and someone making a challenge using all 6 gamemodes. :)

Aarontti likes this.
  2. Emogla3

Emogla3 nerf shaman

Minecraft:
    The speedrun mode doesn't really work. Edit: After more thinking, it actually does somewhat work and is a decent idea. Firstly, what makes it a speedrun? There's no time limit. Next, if it's an actual speedrun, why should there be dxp? I agree with disabling bombs and weekends for that mode, this could work to set up official speedruns. Third, the class shouldn't have emerald gaining limits by lootrunning. If you already got a class to endgame, another one won't make much of a difference outside of not buying scrolls. This class would be useless after reaching endgame, but if a speedrun class is wanted to make work that way, I understand the thought process behind that too.

Edit: okok I get the dxp thing is required for a true speedrun. I'm still a bit unsure of the emeralds, would it be better to keep or decrease them, but if the class is forced to work like Ironman, that problem would be solved and all quests would be available.

What do you specify as a buff? If you were to take away Warrior's strength and resistance for example, that would just limit the class from being that class. Mage would be overpowered in that situation, as it doesn't benefit from buffs. It's literally just the same type of thing as "Wynncraft but you can't use your fourth spell for whatever reason lol" and it makes no sense.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  3. Wynnonymous

Wynnonymous 1% Atlas > 0% Atlas > Perfect Atlas

Minecraft:
    if you add a speedrunning mode, you might actually want to make people want to speedrun on it
    as i see it:
    Speedrun mode: Permanent dxp but no dxp buffs like bombs. Total: 100%
    Hunted mode: Permanent +50% and can use bombs. Total: 150%

Also no buff mode sounds ridiculous in my opinion. Some classes which dont use buffs would stay pretty much the same, while others would be utterly useless. You might need to put a bit more thought into balancing it
    An as Emogla said, speedrun mode wouldnt be a... speedrun unless it has a time limit. Perhaps if you added a time limit, it could work, but this is bound to be flawed

4. TrapinchO

TrapinchO Free help with nearly everything! VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Remove ALL emeralds from rewards and LB/LQ.
    You din't care about money when speedrunning. They also should do all quests to be fair

Melkor likes this.
  5. boboyuan

boboyuan Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    1. With the no buff mode it's only mean the buffs from bombs and the buffs from gamemods, not the buffs ingame like resistance for warrior and so on
    2. The reason why I not added a time limit is that you can make short speedruns and long speedruns, so it is not know how much time they spend on speedruns
    Yeah that's a good idea.

6. Emogla3

Emogla3 nerf shaman

Minecraft:
    Removing all/most quest reward emeralds from high-reward quests instead of making the quests unaccessible could work to make the quests accessable.

TrapinchO likes this.
  7. Aarontti

Aarontti HERO

Minecraft:
    Currently the only way to speedrun Wynn with a chance of succeeding is to wait for a dxp weekend, use bombs and use the one-time-only discord dxp. If you miss your shot, you'll never be able to run again on that account. With a dedicated gamemode, you wouldn't need to wait for rare events, you wouldn't need to use money, and you wouldn't only be able to do it once, which'd improve the appeal for speedrunning by a landslide. Adding artificial dxp to the class on the other hand would balance out new runs with old runs, and again, improve the appeal for it by turning a speedrun that lasts potentially dozens of hours, into something more manageable.

That being said, both of the original post's presented debuffs are really obstructive to gameplay. You shouldn't make major changes to gameplay in a mode that aims to be as close to the real deal as possible. Quests and items are a normal part of the game, and so is currency. Removing them would fundamentally limit the options of how the game gets run. Instead, it'd be much more logical to just separate speedrun classes into their own instances to prevent exploitation, where they can't transfer items to or from their class via trading or bank, much like in ironman mode.

Dwicey and Emogla3 like this.
  8. Emogla3

Emogla3 nerf shaman

Minecraft:
    Speedrun could be a sub-category of Ironman, or there could be a separate class menu for Speedrun classes, let's say 1 slot with no rank, and ranks could increase it to a maxium of 2 or 3.

Bwitty03 likes this.
  9. ILikeCola77

ILikeCola77 One day I will be rich HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    all of this just sounds ridiculous, and makes no sense to me and no reason to exist and add a poll

10. TrapinchO

TrapinchO Free help with nearly everything! VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I will be completely honest. The only reason you exist is because your parents wanted to. If you only take things that have reason to exist, you most propably wouldn't write this comment.

The "speedrun" gamemode doesn't sound that bad

Emogla3 and StormKing3 like this.
  11. _Dazzle

_Dazzle HTTP 401: Unauthorized VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Probably not having its own class slots would be better. Still, having it be a subcategory of Ironman seems fair, and it incentivizes beating the game as quickly as possible (maybe add a "Speedrunners" leaderboard as well).

As for "no buffs"... I have several questions.
    While it does make the Ironman grind harder, it also makes the entire game a sluggish grindfest since you're locked out of Hunted mode's benefits (Speedrun I can understand, though). I'm not saying it is beyond implementation however - it could see some use in Ironman, locking you out of bombs (technically counts as help from other players) and the Discord link (24h DXP on both profs and combat). It shouldn't, however, disable the XP boost from Hunted (Speedrun is not exempted like Hunted), since you're risking getting PK'ed for a tangible reward.

12. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    They could probably also have speed running mode sync with a leaderboard on the stats page. I'd give speed running mode 3x, but make it unable to take advantage of dxp weekends, bombs and discord dxp. That would level the playing field and wouldn't require people to try to run it on dxp weekends or during bombs only. I'm debating whether or not it would be better with Ironman mode built in, so that people who can afford really good xp gear wouldn't get an advantage and wouldn't be able to get help, but I'm not sure.

13. ILikeCola77

ILikeCola77 One day I will be rich HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    this was just my personal opinion