1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World [170+ Supporters, 95.1% Approval] Field & World Bosses [ Includes Demonstrations ]

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Novalescent, May 24, 2020.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes!

186 vote(s)
    95.4%
  2. Nope.

9 vote(s)
    4.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Novalescent

Novalescent Retired Wynncraft Systematic Recreation Developer HERO

Minecraft:
    Hmmm fairly interesting criticism. It's agreeable that under the surface, it's a bullet sponge. Of course, it's always possible to create more unique bosses with more interesting mechanics instead of "beating it up."
    In terms of mechanics, would something like Bob be what you think of?

That_Chudley likes this.
  2. That_Chudley

That_Chudley Wynncraft Addict HERO

Minecraft:
    I do like the Bob battle, but I was thinking of having multiple ways to weaken the boss: I'll list a few ideas

1: There could be mobs in the arena which, when defeated, take some of the main boss' health away (only like 1-2%)

2: The Galleon's Graveyard cannonball premise - there could be some kind of mob which will damage the boss for you before destroying itself (or getting killed). This could be made more difficult if it is only summon-able by killing other mobs and using a drop for them (See Corrupted Underworld Crypt boss fight)

3: The geyser/environmental hazard which I previously suggested - this could include geysers, falling rocks, unstable explosives/ores etc.

4: Building off of your amazing coding systems - maybe when the bar is charging for the boss to use a special attack, it could become twice as vulnerable? So if you're willing to risk running in and taking some real damage, you can deal some hefty damage too (would be a nice mini-buff for tanks too!)

Again, I really don't mean to criticise what you've done, these are just a few suggestions of how I think your freakin' amazing work could be improved further.

EDIT: I'll be honest, I think I'm being influenced by my recent gaming on Monster Hunter: World. I love the fact that when you are facing these enormous and daunting monsters, you can use the environment to hurt them or other creatures to distract and weaken them. It's not just a 'attack, run, attack, run, attack' simulator like other games.

Dr Zed, ThugFree and Novalescent like this.
  3. Novalescent

Minecraft:
    Ah, understandable. Maybe I'll do something like this in the future. Thanks for the feedback!

Dr Zed and That_Chudley like this.
  4. That_Chudley

That_Chudley Wynncraft Addict HERO

Minecraft:
    That's okay :)
    To be clear, the points I made were not strictly aimed at this demonstration which you created. I think that it's a problem with a LOT of bosses in Wynncraft, it's just that with a boss that powerful, I think it could do with a few alternative strategies/techniques to damaging it :)

5. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If this is boring or basic, what are your other suggestions supposed to be? Wynncraft 2?

6. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Expanding on @That_Chudley's comment and being extremely blunt, it's an amazing idea but I don't see this being realistic to scale and actually implement.

7. Novalescent

Minecraft:
    Understandable. I admit that the scale and epicness that I put these on is... Really over the top sometimes.

BUT

I think that even if we don't get things as epic as this, it would be nice for the concept to be attempted and/or implemented. I'm fairly certain that Wynncraft has a new Custom Mob Spell Script system based off of the Credits section I observed in the 1.19 changelog. Perhaps they can make something cool or even better than the stuff that I showed.

Dr Zed, Saya and That_Chudley like this.
  8. NagisaStreams

NagisaStreams Sertified idiot CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    reasons why you should NOT solo this boss

9. ActualDaywalker

ActualDaywalker Ginger HERO

Minecraft:
    'ok lets do this guys'
    27 people: 'awooga!'

5 seconds into the fight:
    [​IMG]

Dr Zed, Cloud__, Crokee and 3 others like this.
  10. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    +1 support from me

Also how do I become a tester

11. Nukewarmachine

Nukewarmachine emerald tier above LE when VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I can’t wait to fight the Darkness Incarnate :D

@Novalescent would the boss have a weaker solo variant?

12. Novalescent

Minecraft:
    Heheheheheheehehe.

No. :)

Alright laughs aside, there won't be a solo variant to this boss and you'll be fighting it as is. The reason for that is because it's dubbed as a world boss, meaning in reality, you shouldn't be doing this by yourself. It's definitely harder than the previous bosses that I've created, and unless you know what you're doing, it's an extremely difficult fight. It becomes easier with more players obviously, and I highly recommend that folks do it with a group.

Now will there be solo arenas like before? Ya probably.

13. ActualDaywalker

ActualDaywalker Ginger HERO

Minecraft:
    POV: you are the boss in a boss world

upload_2020-5-26_1-55-13.png

im so sorry, but this suggestion has no real points against please make this a reality i dreamt of this for so long now

14. NagisaStreams

NagisaStreams Sertified idiot CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    what are these lies i can spawn it in a box and 1v1 it!

and nuke, jokes aside, I posted a video earlier about why you wouldn't be able to solo it. It literally has a instakill if you arent in a group so...

15. Novalescent

Minecraft:
    The instakill actually only deals 98% of your max health if you're alone, so it's fine.

16. Nukewarmachine

Nukewarmachine emerald tier above LE when VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    How do you trigger the instakill attack? And is the Darkness Incarnate the only world boss as of now?

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  17. StarDraco123

StarDraco123 (・8・) VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    For reference, we do talk about these kinds of features during the development of the boss (though briefly). In particular for this specific world boss we decided on a concept and went with whatever fit. Not to say we haven't gone through ideas of more advanced adds with a greater purpose (Like in a giant slime boss that was one of the choices for which world boss would get created. Moreover, for the Darkness Incarnate, Nova wanted the adds to be fairly simple and to focus on cooperation) or dangerous terrain (Say like for a fire based world boss). Overall I think this boss has some fairly interesting mechanics that go beyond "hit boss, but like don't get hit yourself." Also if more bosses get created in the far off future we still want to attempt avoiding double dipping, and not every boss needs to have every mechanic possible. Again just mentioning this for reference if it feels like this boss was missing something.

That_Chudley likes this.
  18. Novalescent

Minecraft:
    Berumpungs

NagisaStreams likes this.
  19. JohanLTU

JohanLTU Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Another possible solution for this problem could be adding more spells into the game. It would encourage higher build variety, and the battle could no longer be that bullet-spongy.
    I'm in no way against the Galleon's Graveyard-like idea, though.

That_Chudley likes this.
  20. Cloud__

Cloud__ wynncraft is cool duh VIP+

Minecraft:
    i have a probably suggestion to u, a new type of crafting, like in the video of the house client i saw u crafting an assassin weapon and actually the style of how u crafted it was really cool, also +1 for this idea i want to see a starting game boss like lvl 20 in a lvl 5 area Xd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.