1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Media ☞toxicdrule Talks: Episode 1☜

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Procrast, Dec 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Procrast

Procrast Artist, Lorist, Talk-show host VIP+

Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    Hello everybody, and welcome to:
    TOXICDRULE TALKS
    Still working on the name, not too keen on it rn

This is something I've been putting together for a while now that should not be taken seriously. Except for the news part.
    So, what is 'Toxicdrule Talks'? Simple; I talk about anything that's being thrown around the forums and base my opinion on it. In this thread you'll also find recent news and a few extras as time goes along. So without further ado, let's get into it!

With every episode, I'll be talking about two stories. In today's episode:
    The abnormality of the Talking Mushroom,
    and
    Armor Skins: Yay, or Nay?

[​IMG]

The Abnormality of the Talking Mushroom
    (lmao I'm late to the mushroom bandwagon)
    At some point a few months ago, players found an unusual NPC while making their way through the updated ??? quest. A talking mushroom! With a lot of issues. Also possibly an introvert. With the community fascinated by this little guy, players have been making it their mission to find hidden dialogue in specific areas all over the two provinces. Some promising & hilarious results have been found, such as:

"HEY, THIS PLACE HAS GOT SOME NICE LOOKING CAPS! DROP ME OFF HERE!"
    Yahya: "Mu-mushrooms? Yes, mushrooms. You have some- them, give me it!"
    Talking Mushroom: "NEVERMIND NEVERMIND, GET ME AWAY FROM THIS PSYCHOPATH! HE'S GOT HUNGRY EYES!"

"YOU KNOW WHAT, TO HECK WITH THIS! I'M BAILING, SEE YA LATER! HAVE A TERRIBLE LIFE, YOU INGRATE!"
    You feel your bag shuffle around...feels like something fell out.
    "HOT HOT HOT HOT NEVER MIND LET ME BACK IN YOUR BAG IS SAFE I LIKE MY SPOT LEMME IN LEMME IN HOT HOT HOT HOT!!!!!!"
    The weight returned. You can hear a small sigh of relief.

There have been numerous other findings, but the community is still on the lookout.
    Recently more lore has been found that's related to the talking mushroom - or rather, the talking mushroom's description. The lore can be found here (thanks to @FrameTimeMC for finding this. Or at least being one of the first to find it and post it on the forums): http://imgur.com/a/uj5iD
    What could this mean? In my opinion, I think the Talking Mushroom's a great asset, and we haven't seen any end to him yet. More and more secret's are slipped under main game updates each time, so we're bound to discover more info in the future. I'm just hoping the talking mushroom becomes a larger part of the higher level gameplay (quests, more dialogue in different areas, etc.)​

[​IMG]
    Armor skins: Yay, or Nay?
    (Get ready for the flame war in the comments boi's)
    On December 22nd 2014, the 1.13 'Wynnter Update' was released, bringing many changes before the long overdue 1.14 'Gavel Expansion' update launched almost a year later. Out of the 1.13 update came a controversial implementation - armor skins. At the time, either you loved them or you hated them. Despite their issues (causing server-wide lag, skins not matching, or just glitching into your normal minecraft skin completely) they were an interesting concept and an unpredictable turn of game development.

After the release of the Gavel expansion, the armor skins were soon disabled due to internal errors, which was met with mixed reactions. There have been more recent queries about armor skins from players that have returned after leaving the server at any time between the 2014 Wynnter Update and prior to Gavel launching. These confused players were met with different opinions.
    Despite all of this, you have to admit that this was the best armor skin out of every one of them:
    [​IMG]

geddit?

And now, the News!
    With recent issues regarding fake websites offering minecon capes and free wynncraft ranks, our holy moderator Pretzule has made the matter very clear not to trust these websites, nor to trust players messaging you links to these websites. You can see the full message here: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/scam-websites.169358/#post-1944006

Salted announced an unexpected patch earlier today that put many protesters to rest, announcing that Assassin would be buffed with more than one spell fix. Who would've thought this day would come? You can find the small patch update here: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/1-14-2-wynncraft-patch-5.169362/

@XavierEXE, our recently appointed composer released a noteblock teaser yesterday, showcasing a new song that will hopefully make its way into a future update. I won't go into details, but from what is heard in the audio so far is not disappointing. Check out the teaser here: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/a-strange-broadcast.169231/

And don't forget that Lotem is still accepting entries to his V.S.S Seaskipper dialogue contest, so get in an entry quick before the ship sails! Yea I could've done better
    You can enter here: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/the-v-s-s-seaskipper-dialogues-contest.167365/

And for the final segment of today's episode -
    Meme of the week!
    Or month. Whatever.

[​IMG]
    By @Jamieverse

(I'll make sure to include some previous meme's of Jamie's and anyone else's in the future.)

Well, I guess that's all the time we have for today! Be sure to comment down below what other random forums stuff you want me to talk about for the next episode.
    [​IMG]
    This has been Toxicdrule Talks
    A pleasure as always,
    Peace

2. FrameTimeMC

FrameTimeMC Scamming is not overpricing VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hehehehh i'm an explorer confirmed! I mean i wasn't going to random places like a noob..hehe...ofc i wasn't...

Procrast likes this.
  3. SilverMirror

SilverMirror Retired IM HERO

Minecraft:
    Not sure if this is news or wt but you technically just restated old findings (mushroom), old changes (armour skins) and put links to whatever new stuff there is, you didn't even put your opinion on it
    Im not following any creative input here

I would suggest you at least put something original here so that your post won't feel like another news wanna-be but not only it is without any reporting this is literally just a clipboard of links

I do enjoy your art style I feel like it would go well with actual content

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  4. Procrast

Minecraft:
    First episode is where I see what works and what doesn't, and I appreciate your feedback. I'll try to add more creative content in the next one.

Xavi and SilverMirror like this.
  5. flip

flip i steal memez :3 HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]

I am mentally and physically scarred

Icy, Xavi, Pretzule and 2 others like this.
  6. Procrast

Minecraft:
    I had second thoughts about posting that, you're not alone

flip likes this.
  7. SpringVibes

SpringVibes because a hoe never gets cold VIP+

Minecraft:
    I LOVE THIS

Procrast likes this.
  8. Procrast

Minecraft:
    If you like love the current stuff, make sure to comment down what random forum topics you want me to talk about next :D

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  9. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW, former leader of Imp and Valk

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Move little thing you got here

Procrast likes this.
  10. Procrast

Minecraft:
    Typo?
    I'm probably just dumb

11. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW, former leader of Imp and Valk

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Sorry I used a swype keyboard.
    I meant "its a nice little thing you got here"

Procrast likes this.
  12. Kraetys

Kraetys Lord of the Werecats - Inexperienced Catipalist

Minecraft:
    I too loved the upside-down bowl.
    There is no reason ANYONE will ever need your password. Ever.

Procrast likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.