Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Guilds [coming Soon Partly, 95% Approval] Improved Guilds [ Includes... Trailer...? & Detail ]

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Novalescent, Aug 1, 2020.

?

Do you support this idea?

1. Yes!

335 vote(s)
    95.2%
  2. Nope.

17 vote(s)
    4.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mc_elfs

Mc_elfs how to adult VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't have musch to say except, I REALLY FREAKING APROVE OF THIS

ChuChu and Hei like this.
  2. BTK2000

BTK2000 helo im btk CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    incredible work, Nova!

Dr Zed, Pally, thepicferret and 2 others like this.
  3. AmbassadorDazz

AmbassadorDazz Discord Killjoy Staff Member Moderator HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    oh hey I'm on the testers list

At this point, any suggestion to make the guilds system better is welcome. This one far exceeds the existing standards and blows basically everything else that existed and will ever exist out of the water. It is a definitive rework of the guilds system that doesn't just make the game better... it actually gives an incentive for most everything involving the endgame.

Good suggestion as always!

4. WeaponMerchant_

WeaponMerchant_ Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Amazing worrrrrrrrk

Hei likes this.
  5. diet ice enjoyer

diet ice enjoyer PRIME minister of based CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yes please

Hei likes this.
  6. Chise

Chise A loli dressing like a cheese >w< VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is seriously one of the most detail suggestion post I have seen in a long period of time
    Which I will be apperciate if some of the suggestion can comes true
    Especially guild hall, I love that idea so much :p

Dr Zed, burble and Hei like this.
  7. Sheepn

Sheepn life CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    How can I say no, I love it.

If something like this was implemented, would bring many people back to play.

Hei likes this.
  8. Nynnf

Nynnf Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    i like wynn being simple please dumb this down please

9. Yraw

Yraw Water Fountain

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    tfa house bottom text

10. FadeDave

FadeDave Eden chief, coder. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    noice thread, guilds rejoice

11. Novalescent

Novalescent Retired Wynncraft Systematic Recreation Developer HERO

Minecraft:
    Holy 50 supporters already that's incredible

Mc_elfs likes this.
  12. Splintered

Splintered dERN for ERN VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This looks REALLY good but I do have 2 things to address. First of all, sniping. I understand your argument, but guilds hardly ever snipe the same territory for more than 3 times, a far more effective strategy in my opinion, would be to let guilds "attack" before the time limit. When they do this it would put them on like a list and randomly pick from either every player that attacked or every guild, the player option being obviously better for bigger guilds. These options would make sniping fair and not ping based.

My second point is regarding the guild showdowns. All I have to say about these is simply, there are builds that are far more OP than others, meaning the same problems that happened when the nether was a thing would arise here. Instead just have selectable kits for each class so it's fair. I don't see this one as being a popular suggestion but eh.

TheOolong and OliviaLime like this.
  13. Novalescent

Novalescent Retired Wynncraft Systematic Recreation Developer HERO

Minecraft:
    Totally understandable. I threw in the Sniping mechanic a it last minute so it was a bit less thought out than the other ideas which had much longer periods of time to develop.

I mean that's how PvP is in any MMORPG right? Someone will always have stronger gear than you (or, usually).
    Of course that doesn't mean that the current state of PvP right now in Wynncraft is acceptable, which is why Showdown's success derives off of this suggestion, which includes a bunch of suggested balance changes that only apply for and during PvP

Dr Zed, Jbip and Mc_elfs like this.
  14. Dwicey

Dwicey mmmyes CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Guild Showdowns imo would be very meh just because the Wynncraft PvP system just sort of sucks.. Otherwise, good thread. Though, I feel like there's a higher chance of guilds being removed than something of this scale happening to guilds in the next few years.

Kenomajas32 likes this.
  15. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    greart ideas and would love for this to be implemented
    (now to wait for wynn to fix the economy)

burble likes this.
  16. AmbassadorDazz

AmbassadorDazz Discord Killjoy Staff Member Moderator HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Showdowns use Novalescent's PvP mechanics or else it would indeed be a "who will one tap the other first" contest. Because let's face it - Wynncraft was not created with PvP in mind.

Making Guilds system revolve around better PvP (in addition to other PvM stuff, such as better and more strategic Territory defenses) would definitely improve the playability of the game for endgame players who simply don't have anything better to do at the moment, other than coordinating 50 people raids and getting shafted by lag.

17. Zovekai

Zovekai Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I LOVE THIS. The suggestion is the most detailed suggestion I've seen on the forums in a while and I'd love to see this suggestion come to fruition (especially the guild hall idea, since guilds can seem so disconnected sometimes). I'm rooting for y'all <3

Mc_elfs likes this.
  18. Topper29

Topper29 Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Guilds are such a big opportunity that the staff apparently isn't willing to take
    Almost all players that are lvl 100+ are in a guild, so I don't see why guilds aren't improved upon as it's literally what keeps people playing
    It's unlikely that the staff will add all (or even most) of these suggestions, even though they're great and I'd love to see them
    But I hope they AT LEAST add SOME STUFF from this
    Right now, guilds are just dying more and more because of the lack of content and updates in the guild (war) scene

TheOolong, burble and Mc_elfs like this.
  19. Kakos369

Kakos369 Praise the sheep! HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Its a ter- AMAZING idea!!

I would love this to get implemented and I look forward for guilds actually having a purpose instead of "haha funny toxic people".

I wanna ask something/point out a small problem:
    The decreased cost of mobs because a territory is being fought for a lot of times

Will the diffence placed there, remain the same after they stopped warring that terr for an x amount of time?

Because if it remains there after the "raid" then it can be abused by friendly guilds/alliances. How? Lets say I want my "claim" to have a 22k but I don't want to pay a 22k. I can simply say to another guild to attack my territory for 10 times and reducing the cost of a 22k down to 10k for example.

A way to fix this is:

Make it so after an x amount of time has passed for people warring that terr you will have x amount of time to either pay the difference between the normal and the decreased cost defence (in this case it will be 12k) and then keeping that defence OR paying up for another (normal cost) defence OR if the decreased cost of the mobs you put it above the normal filler defence then switching to that defence without paying anything.

In case you choose not to do anything in an x amount if time then the territory will have 0 mobs.

But anyway, AMAZING suggestion and would love to see it getting implement.

Mc_elfs likes this.
  20. IsabellaSky

IsabellaSky Meow CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's been a long time since guilds have gotten a major update, if any even, and it would be amazing to see at least some of Nova's amazing work become official! Good job on the hard work @Novalescent and to everyone who helped out!!!!

Dr Zed, Pally, Hei and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.