Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Making Cities Safe And Better (130+ Supporters)

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by H0Y, Dec 28, 2019.

Tags:
?

Cities Should Be Safe?

1. Yes

143 vote(s)
    92.9%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. Yes, but not in this way

8 vote(s)
    5.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So, you’ve seen these posts, or experienced it yourself. You afked in a city without /class and now your items are gone with an untradable oak class weapon left. A lot is lost. This lost can cause people to quit, even forever.

Cities should be safe spaces, and it should be changed to that way. They have been dangerous for so long, the community basically accepted cities as not safe and that you should know better.

1. Prevent Chain-killing. When a player dies, they will be unable to aggro any mobs if they stay still (basically afk), meaning that they cannot be afk chain-killed in a city.

2. City Regen (Suggested by @Bluescreen). While in a city, all players will have a minimum regen of 1%/sec, so that classes other than shaman and mage do not have to buy potions to regen.

3. Better Guards. Guards are terrible at what they do, protecting players. By making it so that guards redirect all aggro, like a magnet, to them, then guards can actually protect players. For example, a mooshroom charging into Detlas will change their target to a guard once they get in range of its aggro magnet, not like how currently that the guards have to attack the mob to aggro them. They also will have pull and push spells to control space (added by @bessons-flowers).

A list of “I died and I lost my stuff”
    1. https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/got-spawn-camped-in-cinfras-while-afk.260488/
    2. https://forums.wynncraft.com/thread...hest-level-account-reset.260068/#post-3143628
    3. https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/can-hostile-mobs-spawn-in-lusuco.260757/
    4. https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/lost-everything-please-help.260862/

Please ask any questions regarding possible flaws, or any confusion, so I can make the suggestion better.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    Hesnilo, Xeabia, Ichikaaa and 21 others like this.
  2. yellowscreen

yellowscreen Certified Lurker

Minecraft:
    I'd also like if they changed health regen in cities so classes other than shaman and mage don't have to buy potions to regen.
    Perhaps change city regen to 1%/sec?

3. Coffee KQ

Coffee KQ Beauteous Brew VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Agreed.
    +1

4. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That would be nice to add too, though I think that could be another suggestion all in itself. Would like to add it but would also like to keep the suggestion focused on making sure players cannot get unfairly killed.

Edit: Well my original purpose was to prevent afk deaths, and thus should of named it accordingly. But now I’m going to change the whole point of the thread.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  5. Skylaar

Skylaar erm VIP+

Minecraft:
    I agree with this suggestion, except mobs which are supposed to spawn in the city should harm the player.

Milvantiou likes this.
  6. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    iirc ragni is the only city where hostile mobs spawn, though rodoroc has neutral mobs

Milvantiou and Iboju like this.
  7. Skylaar

Skylaar erm VIP+

Minecraft:
    Nemract has the random drunk guy in a corner of the town.

8. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    lmao true

Son_Omega_Dan, Jirayut and Skylaar like this.
  9. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Detlas has the bank's Emerald Golem.

Some caves stretch underneath towns, such as Almuj and Gelibord. Additionally, Almuj has the Emerald Labyrinth section, and as a footnote, the Moldy Apple in the bargain store.

Iboju Village's verticality makes the area around the Tribal Sanctuary boss altar within its reach, as well as the Tribe Fetish's cave in Dernel.

Nesaak has the Nauter village and cave leading to it.

Olux has three quest caves stretching within or under it, for The Maiden Tower(the crypt), Crop Failure(the wellspring cave), and Shadow of the Beast(Bigfoot's lair).

Rymek and Pirate Town rely on the fact that their mobs are neutral to create an unfriendly atmosphere.

Relos' verticality also blocks off some of the areas surrounding it, along with Corkus City thanks to the docks.

The city of Thanos encapsulates a giant region of the Canyon of the Lost, as does Thesead due to the verticality of the area.

Cinfras has the sewer system underneath it for Murder Mystery.

Aldorei Town has the cherry blossom tree within it.

The design of the Molten Heights puts massive swathes of the Upper Heights within the Maex and Rodoroc areas, along with various caves pertaining to the DD&D quests.

Even Lutho has a couple of caves nearby to it that end up within its town region unavoidably.

If we were to change aggro within towns, tons of areas would break. And I don't even think I listed all the examples.

10. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Shit your right, but cities should be safe to afk in. Changed it to about giving people aggro protection when they die. Until they move, these people will be unable to aggro mobs to them. Although people can die once afking, this makes sure that people will not get chain killed.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  11. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    Or make banks safe place. Make it regenerate player's health and put intelligent guards in there

12. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    However, this does not prevent people from being chain-killed, as people do not spawn in banks.

13. ofLegends

ofLegends Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Pretty common for people to assume cities are safe, as in most other games, they are. I think this should be a thing.

kojirobin and lebh like this.
  14. lebh

lebh Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    True its a bit annoying, cause usually I go afk for a couple of min in the city, just to come back like a dead fish!

15. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    Personally, when i afk then i:
    a) leave the game
    2) find spot in accesible without player help
    3) i am level big enough to survive it

when not doimg any of this i was never attacked in a city (except lexdale and ragni)

16. e!

e! ⁣e HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The solution can be really simple. If you AFK for a few minutes in a city you are automatically forced into the /class menu. Simple as.

17. Minitinipower

Minitinipower just a guy

Minecraft:
    big brain this guy

the game automatically teleports you to the class selection room after 5 minutes of AFK

Diamond_Coder, OnimariVT and Iboju like this.
  18. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Le bump 10 character

19. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Adding some form of regen to cities would be a great QoL change.

Sg_Voltage and Iboju like this.
  20. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    technically not in the town, in a different territory due to the tp
    if you were afk, you wouldnt be able to hit a neutral mob, so nothing bad would happen, theoretically
    does aldorei even get the splash text when you enter it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.