Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

New Class - Necromancer/tomb Raiser

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by xXKakashiXx, Jul 17, 2018.

?

Would you like to play this Class ingame?

1. Oh Yes!

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. Oh No!

12 vote(s)
    54.5%
  3. Worth a try.

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xXKakashiXx

xXKakashiXx Well-Known Adventurer

General Info:
    - Ranged Class, Staff-User
    - Focus on Intelligence Stat
    - Low mobility

RLR - Summon Undead (6 Mana)

- Summons 1-3 Skeleton Knights (Based on Level)
    - Follow the Player until they die (or the Player dies)
    - Damage scales with Staff-Damage
    - Summoning Skeleton Knights (over the max. amount) will
    will replace the first one summoned
    - can draw Mob-Aggro (not on Bosses)

RLL - Shadow Bolt/Chaos Flame (9 Mana)

Version A: Shadow Bolt
    - Shoots a Sphere that explodes at max. range (or on Impact)
    and deals AoE Damage in a small Area (Explosion Range
    based on Level) (slows Enemies on hit for 2 Seconds)

Version B: Chaos Flame
    - Shoots a Beam of Fire that passes through Enemies (burning them)
    and healing the Player for [Amount]x[Enemies Hit]

RRR - Hellfire (10 Mana)

- Creates an AoE of Flames that buffs the Attack of all Skeleton Knights
    inside and Healing them for [X-Amount] over 6 Seconds
    - Amount of added Damage can scale of Level or Staff-Damage (or both)

Some Ideas on possible Changes and Thoughts on the Design

"Summon Undead" could cost Health instead of Mana:
    This would mean that the Player would be given a pretty big Healthpool to cast "Summon Undead" from and would go well with the Healing of "Chaos Flame". Also the Player would need to keep an Eye out for his max. Health rather then just taking the most (Spell-) Damage.

Skeleton Knights could disapear after some Time:
    What i mean by this is that rather than having the Skeleton Knights walking around until they die, to have them despawn after X Seconds after they were summoned. This is something that would reduce the amount of potential Lag that they might cause or would force the Player to summon more rather than just Healing the existing ones.

Having the Skeleton Knights draw aggro is good because of low mobility.
    None of his Abilities grant him mobility in fights and would make him a easy Target for a lot of Enemies, so countering this by giving him a healing Ability or/and having the Skeleton Knights tank is only fair. Especially if "Summon Undead" costs Health to cast.

Why should this Class be implemented into the Game?
    Well, a Summoning Class is something that would (additionally to new regions) blow some fresh Air into Wynn and can be really fun to play. Also this class allows for a number of different Builds that would change the way it is played based on what the Payer feels is best for his playstyle or if he is playing Solo or in a Group. Also i think that this Class has a lot of potential after a bit of balancing.

But would it fit into the World of Wynn?
    I think that it fits perfect into Wynn, because we already have Players use some kind of Magic so why shouldn't there be some sort of darker or forbidden Magic in Wynn? It would be a really good counterpart to the Mage Class that we have right now.

Please Note:

I tried to add a Text Document to this Threat, but sadly it didnt work so the next 2 Points are irrelevant for now.

Green Words mark things that can be changed or removed at any time if wanted or needed because of balance reasons.

Red Words mark things that I wasn't sure could be implemented into the Game and can also be changed or removed completely if needed.

I have put a lot of Time into creating this conzept and i would be more than happy to put in some more rounding off some of it's edges to make it overall viable and fun to play.

Feel free to leave a Comment on whats good and what you feel needs to be changed. But please remember that a "why" helps a lot with those things.

Also all stats like the Mana cost or duration are just example values.

mantidmadness and WynnChairman like this.
  2. WynnChairman

WynnChairman Chairman of Wynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    cool idea and nice detail but
    1. only three spells and
    2. not movement spells
    so add a movement spell
    otherwise pretty nice +1

3. Quint

Quint least estrogenated scripter HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    *Inhales sharply*

Oh boy

This has been suggested so many goddamn times. In principle this is great, but when you think about it more, not so much. I will give you some credit for more detail than most threads suggesting the exact same thing have, as well as better formatting and a better grasp in some areas. But that's about where it ends.

Gameplay wise, this sounds solid. +1. But lore wise this falls apart. +0.5 total.

The last time this was suggested was 10 fucking days ago. I get that people are bored of current classes and want new gameplay and features as well as mechanics, but the CT and Devs simply can't do this because of the fucking behemoth of a project there would be. There's coming up with the playstyle, then spells, then however long it is to code, then, create all the items for it. According to wynndata.tk (which may be off) there are 281 bows, 281 spears and 281 daggers. since this seems like a good number, that means that the GMs and IMs would need to create close to 300 items (Gavel update had 1300 items i believe). Then, hundreds of hours of playtesting and balancing and bugfixing + changing areas and quests to make em necromancer friendly. Let's say this takes 1 year, at least. If they start, right now and put ALL their efforts into this which they probably will if they add a new class, that is an additional year at least added to RtD update (1.18) because of the way wynn updates. The fact is, a project this big would massively delay all future updates. Score changed to +0.25

The next bit fits in with how this is so god awfully repetitious. This has been suggested so many times it's almost as tiring as housing. Actually, more, because housing basically finally fucking died. Before I get into this, I wanna get into the meta in a way. Think back to where you got this idea. Where did it come from? I would guess some other RPG because just like how this class has been repeated over and over again in suggestions and in other games.

In conclusion, I have too much time, This is a F R I C C I N (is that a swear on my christian minecraft server?) massive project that will delay all future content, and this has been done to death. This is an overly suggested to the point where it just makes me unhappy to see the word necromancer fucking uttered on this forum, boring, time wasting suggestion.

Score: +0.0
    Idea 7/10
    Details 5.5/10
    Execution 5/10
    Practicality 0/10
    Has this been suggested before?
    No []
    A long time ago so it doesn't count []
    Yes []

Yes, very often [✔]

Tisaun, Dr Zed, mouldy and 1 other person like this.
  4. CoolVictor2002

CoolVictor2002 Dead meme expert,cyberbullied by NicBOMB CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  5. ThomAnn100

ThomAnn100 I have reached peak intelligence VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    All classes have 13 points that have to be devided that show what the class is good at. Use this system instead of what you're doing right now.
    Another general point is that there are only three spells, every class in the game has four spells and you shouldn't break this balance.
    How is it decided how many skeletons spawn?
    How does it scale? Do the skeletons deal the same ammount of damage as the staff? And how does this work with attack speed.
    So they could just infinetly keep attacking a boss without any resistance? Seems fair.
    How do you switch between the two modes?
    Please give more details here, at which level does it have which explosion range?
    How much damage?
    How much damage does it deal? And how much does it heal?
    What's the AoE area?
    How much does it buff the damage?

You really need to be more specific with these numbers as they are really important to see if the class is too strong or too weak. Also add a movement spell.

blankman likes this.
  6. xXKakashiXx

These are some really good questions, let me try to anser them fpr you.

How is it decided how many skeletons spawn?
    -As i said it is based on the level of the ability for exampel Summon Undead I only summons 1 Skeleton, while Summon Undead II summons 2 Sekeletons and so on.

How does it scale? Do the skeletons deal the same ammount of damage as the staff? And how does this work with attack speed.
    -I dont think converting the Damage 1:1 is a good idea but as stated, thats something that would need to be tested to be balanced and not overpowered. At this time i dont have an answer for the attackspeed.

So they could just infinetly keep attacking a boss without any resistance? Seems fair.
    -Thats why i said that the lifespan of the Skeletons could be timed or you could have their health decay over time. Also there are a lot of Spells from the Bosses that can hit multiple Targets at once, also dealing damage to the skeletons.

How do you switch between the two modes?
    -You dont. these are 2 different ideas on how this ability might look like and what would fit better is something that the community of the Wynncraft staff could decide.

Please give more details here, at which level does it have which explosion range?
    -Well, if this explosion feature stays in the kit of the class it would probobly be like Level I: no range, Level II: the 4 blocks next to where it hit and Level III: a 3x3 Area

How much damage?
    -Thats also something that would need to be tested to not have it break the game but i guess this should also be based on the weapon of the player.

How much damage does it deal? And how much does it heal?
    -that depends on rather it burns the enemies or not, because if it does, the damage is not going to be as high. it would also be best here to let it scale off of the Staffs Damage.
    -the healing on the other hand might be a flat amount (so not scaling with anything other then its own level). Also the healing would need to be adjusted on the amount of Health that a player can reach in the Endgame.

What's the AoE area?
    -It should be a bit bigger, maybe something about 3 blocks in each direction from the point it was casted at. Also this is something that effects the damage of the ability so a bigger Area means less Damage

How much does it buff the damage?
    -Well maybe it could be something like 25%-50%-75% of your staffs damage based on the Level of the ability.

You really need to be more specific with these numbers as they are really important to see if the class is too strong or too weak. Also add a movement spell.
    -And as i said, i am really carefull with numbers because balancing something so it feels fair across all regions of the world is really difficult and would need to be tested on some mobs and in Bossfights.
    Sadly i cant do that because im not part of the staff and i hope thats understandable.
    -to also answer another comment on the movement spell, i see why you would want one added. But if i remember correctly Assassin doesnt have one either (not really sure because i dont play much assasin, sorry).

Oh, and i forgot to say that you could take both versions (Shadow Bolt/Chaos Flame) to create his 4th ability. it was NOT my intend to keep him at 3 abilities in the first place.

I only think number 1 is viable because:

2 - Only requests a spellchange for mage.
    3 - totally different class if you think about it.
    4 - literally just tells the staff to add the class into the game.

but thanks for the comment and yes, i know that it got requested BUT since there was no sign of the Wynncraft staff adding it, i thought I could post my version of the class to give an alternitive on how it might look like or work.
    I appreciate the time you took to write this and i understand where you are coming from if you say this has been requested so much. I also understand what you mean by saying that this would soak up a gigantic amount of time and work, but you cant make new content without having to put in the effort. Also, having it requested a lot is just an example of what the community wants and i dont think the other ones are bad, in fact it would nice to have it sort of melt together with the ideas that other players had of the class. So if you want, dont see it as a new class that just gets added like that into the game, see this as an addition to the concept of a necromancer class.
    Another point is, yes, other MMO Games do have necromancers but is that a reason for Wynncraft not to have one?
    You could also say every MMO has a Mage class. (same with the other classes)
    I miss the "Why" in your comment aswell. if you say this isnt practical, a "because" would have been nice.

Btw. "F R I C C I N" will get you perma banned on EVERY christian minecraft server.

yes, a 4th Spell will need to be added. Would you consider a speed buff as movement spell?

7. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    because necromancer hasnt been suggested a trillion times already

8. xXKakashiXx

And still people want it. very helpful comment :)

9. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    And an equally helpful thread.

10. FreezeSpell

FreezeSpell Full-Time Idiot VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    00f do you play Trove?

11. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. VIP+

Minecraft:
    The problem with suggesting stuff that has been suggested a lot of times already is that people get really tired of seeing those threads. The 4 suggestions that were already shown are only a few out of the many necromancer class suggestions that have been made. Even if yours is entirely different from all the others, It's still suggesting the same basic idea, and that idea has already been declined and not added many many times.

For example:
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/add-a-necromancer.229296/
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/class-idea-because-im-bored-necromancer.187066/
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/class-suggestion-summoner-necromancer.181683/
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/necromancer-2-0.178402/
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/class-necromancer-25-supporters.160597/
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/class-suggestion-necromancer.156389/
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/new-class-necromancer-summoner.145967/
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/new-class-idea-necromancer.142176/
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/new-class-necromancer.130615/
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/class-suggestion-summoner-☠necromancer-reskin.128461/

While your idea is definitely really cool and might work, and I support it, most people are really tired of seeing necromancer class threads.

chopthetree likes this.
  12. Stormarend

Stormarend The classes DO NOT correspond with the elements.

Minecraft:
    Summoning mobs is fundamentally flawed why can't people see that the fighting system isn't interactive enough as it is

chopthetree and Dr Zed like this.
  13. xXKakashiXx

I am sorry, i am never going to suggest anything again because i didnt know that instead of writing on what to improve, people just get really butthurt. My bad.

14. Stormarend

Minecraft:
    People are sick of babysitting people's suggestion threads, especially when the poster starts acting like a victim.

CoolVictor2002, Dr Zed and Tisaun like this.
  15. xXKakashiXx

Oh please. This was my first Post in this Forum and then instead of a normal answer saying that this was already suggested before and doesent work for X reasons people are like "IM SO SICK OF THIS", "LEARN TO READ" or some stupid stuff. Obviously this isnt true for all comments but i think you could be a bit more mature when someone is sharing his Ideas. Honestly. I wanted to make another class suggestion aswell, but i dont know man.

16. chopthetree

chopthetree you're female parental figure homosexual

Minecraft:
    Oh please. Thousands of other people make trashy class suggestions their first posts on here too, you aren't original. Yes, when you see your 71st "wHeRe'S nEcrOmAnCeR iT's LiKe 2 SeConDs Of WoRk" post people tend to get angry, especially when it hides ACTUALLY ORIGINAL and CREATIVE suggestions. Unfortunately, you must be blind and using text-to-speech as you haven't seen the handy search bar yet. You ask other people to be more mature; try showing you deserve to be treated maturely first.

Truly the epitome of maturity and grace. I find it mind-boggling that you haven't realized that PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE THE REASON everybody hates new class suggestions. Honestly, please don't make another class suggestion; if this is the best idea you can come up with, none of us want to see anything else from you.
    PS: Have you heard of spellcheck? Try using it (if you can find it).

Dr Zed likes this.
  17. Toy__

Toy__ Well-Known Adventurer QA HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Calm it down please. Don't spark a flame war.

Stag2001 likes this.
  18. xXKakashiXx

Thank you.

19. Stormarend

Minecraft:
    First or last post, you're not impervious to critique. But since apparently it so hard to understand, why would you not add your suggestion to the game? Well:

Summoning mobs is already a flawed concept. I can't believe I have to explain this every time. Why are people bent on making combat less interesting?

You haven't even added four spells yet.

You haven't added any spells upgrades yet.

You haven't provided any stats or any properties to the skeletons for that matter.

Scaling an AoE on level is a bad idea, besides how big will it actually be? Right know we have no idea how it would actually work. How about you increase the AoE based on the spell level.

Scaling a damage buff on level and also your own damage is a terrible idea. Gear in the game also provides a higher percentage of damage based on level. Like this the damage will scale even more exponentially than it does with other classes.

A spell costing health is a terrible idea considering it doesn't have any heal spell. And no, don't add a heal spell.

Skeletons drawing aggro is just completely broken and will invalidate all boss minions even if it doesn't affect bosses. No idea how you'd do that, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here.

The reason you gave to adding your class could be said for any suggested class.

Necromancers do not fit the game at all. For one it's strange that there's a class for every "combat technique" and then there's two for magic. Secondly why would the Frumans wipe a necromancer's mind and send him to Wynn to fight the corruption?

Dr Zed likes this.
  20. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. VIP+

Minecraft:
    In suggestions, it’s normal, and should even be expected, to receive crticism. However, for necromancer class and housing suggestion threads, people usually get really angry because they are so tired of seeing these threads. Don’t just stop making suggestions, I can see you are creative and are at least thinking through your suggestion and going into detail. However, people will always criticize it, but usually mean well when they do so. Housing and Necromancer class threads just get a lot of (needless) hate and people usually do not even consider if its good.

TL;DR criticism is normal, and good, but with necromancer/housing threads people get needlessly angry. Don’t give up making suggestions just because of this

xXKakashiXx and Dr Zed like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.