1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Lore/Story Wynnstory (2016) ::: Chapters 1 - 12 (discontinued)

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by Reyko, May 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reyko

Reyko Wynn Soldier HERO

Minecraft:
    Released Chapter 12 - Undead Whisperer.

Procrast likes this.
  2. Reyko

Reyko Wynn Soldier HERO

Minecraft:
    Update (or upcoming updates): Haven't been able to create the new chapters due to unforeseen events, but will be worked on once I rename the areas that are underlined to match those of Guild Territories, so that it is easier to understand where and what area these events take place in.

Update to an update message: Instead, I will be simply posting a screenshot of the area. Some of the areas in my story aren't covered by Guild Territories and the names can be a bit confusing if you're not used to them.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
    Procrast likes this.
  3. Reyko

Reyko Wynn Soldier HERO

Minecraft:
    I've decided to postpone the making of Wynnstory for a while. Not sure how long, but I'm lacking the creative urge to write chapters. I am not dropping Wynnstory.

Procrast likes this.
  4. Reyko

Reyko Wynn Soldier HERO

Minecraft:
    This may seem abrupt, but I am discontinuing this version of Wynnstory. I, as a story teller am not satisfied with the current product of Wynnstory. Pacing, character time, setting, dialogue, Quests, chapter lengths; I am dissatisfied with these and more. I might as well explain how I created the chapters, the story, and my idea process while I am at it.

How I thought up the story: I used Wynncraft's lore and Quests as base material and added my own original content from there. I can't say that I thought long and hard about the story and its characters because I didn't take the time and consideration to triple check that events and characters were the best that I can think of. The current plot and such were ideas that just popped into my head. My imagination is quite astonishing, and I rarely call out my strengths, so getting many ideas isn't that difficult for me when it comes to stories.

Chapter creation: I didn't think much about the chapters either. I just went "along with the flow" and sometimes changed it so that it was more interesting. I also made each chapter in one sitting. I didn't make parts of it and come back to it later, although I did do some editing over time.

Why I decided to make this story:
    Simply because I wanted to tell a story that developed in my mind.

TL:DR - As a self proclaimed author, I am quite disappointed in what I did with this version of Wynnstory.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All that said, I will be redoing Wynnstory and improving it to be the best that it can be in my eyes and hopefully many other's as well.

This thread will still exist, but chapters in this version will not be continued.

I will be working hard to tell a story for those who are willing to read it and enjoy it.

Some last things: There will be some use of language. The story itself will be dark and serious, but still filled with action and suspense. And, do not expect Wynnstory to have the same lore or Quests as Wynncraft. It would be quite boring if they were too similar, eh?

Technically, I'm not dropping Wynnstory. I'm just redoing it.

motoki1, Procrast and XavierEXE like this.
  5. XavierEXE

XavierEXE ♪ Wynncraft's Composer and Ability Tree Lead ♫ ♪ Music Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    But I need to know what happens...
    I NEED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT MAEL

Procrast, Reyko and kojirobin like this.
  6. kojirobin

kojirobin ♧ the local (broke) emerald dealer VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ur totally right,,, i want more story about Mael and Ellis and Lorus and Moria ;-;

Procrast, Reyko and XavierEXE like this.
  7. Reyko

Reyko Wynn Soldier HERO

Minecraft:
    At least half of the content of this Wynnstory will carry over to the next. I have no plans of changing the Moria story, but I do think of changing how Ellis is first introduced.

Chapter lengths will at least be tripled, but release dates will most likely be set to once a week (from me putting in a ton of work this time).

I am also accepting suggestions of what can be added to the story in terms of characters, Quests, powers, etc. Just feel free to post it here, but I will be strict on what will be added.

Sorry, but I have to keep my word on discontinuing this version. So no more chapters on this one. Eventually we'll reach the Moria story on the next one though.

Procrast, XavierEXE and kojirobin like this.
  8. kojirobin

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]

Procrast, XavierEXE and Reyko like this.
  9. XavierEXE

XavierEXE ♪ Wynncraft's Composer and Ability Tree Lead ♫ ♪ Music Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    As long as we learn about Mael in the new one then I'm happy
    Cause currently you left us on like THREE DIFFERENT CLIFFHANGERS

Procrast and Reyko like this.
  10. Reyko

Reyko Wynn Soldier HERO

Minecraft:
    Haha, cliffhangers for days on the new Wynnstory. JK.

Procrast, kojirobin and XavierEXE like this.
  11. kojirobin

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    add a rabbit to the story and so do Waddles he's the pig.
    [​IMG]

Procrast, XavierEXE and Reyko like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.