1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Resource Pack Wynnic Uniques Compendium - Myths & Legends Update! (1.12.2 - 1.16)

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by fey, Dec 27, 2018.

?

What should be focused on completing next?

1. Gathering Tools

11.4%
  2. Hive Weapons

11.2%
  3. Legendaries

39.6%
  4. Dungeon Items

12.7%
  5. Overhaul Mythics

25.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeldahuman

zeldahuman Graphic Designer, WynnPack Artist ✎ Artist

Minecraft:
    Hey, Irony.

Just popping in here to say that this is really, *really* good work! I think your style of modeling is very impressive, and the attention to detail in the texture work across the board on these weapon models is outstanding.

It's always a lot of fun to see people make edits to the pack or add their own things; your stuff fits in really well! I hope you continue on this, seeing the progress from when this thread was first posted to now is incredible. Keep up the good work. :D

Tsuneo, fey and corpe like this.
  2. fey

fey *places pixels on you* CT Manager Modeler ✎ Artist CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hey guys, it’s been a minute since I left an update here but I have been working on a new update over the last few months although my life has been clouded with a lot of other stuff during that time making it difficult for me to put more time into this project at the moment but surely enough I’ve had several ideas regarding the future of this pack!

As I approach completing all Mythic items (Which I’m pretty close to doing now) I want to move onto working on legendaries, dungeon items and of course the gathering tools. I’ve had a couple ideas regarding the legendaries but considering there are so many of them I think they will be implemented over a longer period of time since most legendaries don’t have lore that’s associated with them thinking of new models for all of them becomes a challenging task depending on their names alone.

As for dungeon items, I think I will be basing a lot of what their models will look like depending on the lore of the dungeons themselves. I’ve made significant progress towards creating models for all Decrepit Sewer items already and considering it is a lower level dungeon I want the models to more so represent their level range so they will appear to be smaller models and as the dungeons gain level the models for the items that can be bought from the dungeon merchant will coincide with that.

Finally gathering tools, this one I’m extremely excited about because I want to create my own variations of the gathering tools depending on different places within Wynncraft. As of right now gathering tools don’t really have any flavor to them other than being there to gather materials from one tier to the next so what I wanted to do was to create unique models for each type of gathering tool per tier for all tools past T4 that are based on all different types of lore that can be found in-game. I’ve already created a rough draft of what kinds of models I would want to implement for each item and they will be revealed as I make the models for them.

Thanks for reading, unfortunately I don’t have anything that I’m ready to preview quite yet but as soon as I do you’ll be the first to know!

3. SKZR

SKZR Well-Known Adventurer

Is there a way to help you by creating models ?

4. SoulSoil

SoulSoil Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Can you add tidebinder?

5. Splintered

Splintered dERN for ERN VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You should change Fatal to look like the lightning rod from Breath Of The Wild

6. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I would prefer things to remain more unique...

7. fey

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  8. Omolio

Omolio Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    How can i obtain these items?

9. fey

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Currently the skins in this pack are only obtainable on extremely rare in-game items called Mythics. Each skin is unique to a weapon so in order to get the skin you have to obtain one of those items which are usually worth lots of money. Currently I'm in the midst of adding unique skins for lower tier items as well so you won't have to seek these rare items in the future if you wanna see some skins but that will take time.

Alternatively you may configure the resource pack manually to your liking and change the skins for a specific weapon to be used on any item of your choice. To do this you need to be able to access the files within the resource pack by accessing the zipped file and navigating through the directories where the models are all stored.

Models for the resource pack can be accessed through "assets>minecraft>mcpatcher>cit>wynn>weapon>mythic". From there you can select any of the weapon skins you'd like to change by opening any of the folders within there and editing the ".properties" file for the model. Most models in the resource pack currently use lore and the item's name as syntax to detect the item which the skin is made to replace its original counterpart. To apply a skin to a specific item you need to know both its name and some of its stats in order to change the properties for the model and apply it to an entirely different item.

One of the best examples in the resource pack currently that do this already is Emerald Staff which is under the rare weapons category. I highly recommend you take a look at how the properties file for that item is structured if you're interested in replacing skins for different items especially for items that don't have an flavor text.

If you have any additional questions please contact me on Discord at Irony#6685 and I will gladly help you if need be.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  10. Omolio

Omolio Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ok thank you

11. kamer5555

kamer5555 Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Great job.

12. WilliamN

WilliamN Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Love your work, can’t wait for the next patch!

13. mama Luigi

mama Luigi Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    plz make hive weapon

14. Captain Flavio

Captain Flavio dead CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    free bump here, this is really nice

15. FeelingXD

FeelingXD Travelled Adventurer

hot item model holy shit .it must be downloded .

16. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

Le Bump My Friends!

17. Lafi~

Lafi~ Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hey Irony, i want to make a request uwu, can you add Hero? i think it can be cool with your work! :)

PD: Idk if you accept this type of ideas but i'll try just in case, what do you think about this Hero design? (I'm not good with 3d modeling so i prefered to draw it, but i'm bad in that too xd.)

PD 2: it's just an idea, so don't laugh pls

So here is the idea:

2020-02-02_023436.png

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  18. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

Not trying to be mean but... it's mostly just a version of Hero (Tier 3 Air Weapon) that's slightly altered (I mean sure the Gaia model looks very similar to Gaia (T3 Earth Wand), but that's because it fits with its name and lore)
    Now from what Hero's lore says, the weapon could as well be a sword, because that's what heroes are often pictured with

19. Qzphs

Qzphs Unskilled Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Just a minor suggestion, it'd be nice if the changelog listed each version in descending order instead of the other way around. I figure that more people are going to care about recent updates rather than the very beginning of the pack's development.

20. WilliamN

WilliamN Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    When’s the next update?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.